Votes: 56 35.4%
  • 225 - 249 yards

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • 200 - 224 yards

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • 199 yards or less

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
I usually average 250-274 range when I swing in control and hit the sweet spot, and have hit a couple of 300+ drives (with a good amount of roll).

Right on the edge of 225. based on my range session with the new Ping, I think I am creeping up to 230-235 now.

Currently between 200 to 225 yards. I will improve on that through lessons and technique.

I'm impressed with the poll so far. I haven't seen any "Internet yardages". :)

I`m a pro golfer and my swingspeed with the driver is 106-110 and I carry it between 255 and 265,and that`s maxed out.Roll depends on the conditions.

I`m a pro golfer and my swingspeed with the driver is 106-110 and I carry it between 255 and 265,and that`s maxed out.Roll depends on the conditions.

hi vman ... that's certainly a nice carry ... but can i ask you ... do you ever find yourself caught up in getting more carry?

when i watch things on tv like long drive contests and see someone, say, like retired nfl qb and amateur golfer joe theismann (who has to have aches and pains at 60 years old, and had a long football career) pipe drives 270 to 290 ... i'm filled with envy ...

just curious what your mindset is regarding your own yardage and how that relates to what you expect from your driver deally ...

Last edited:
Currently between 200 to 225 yards. I will improve on that through lessons and technique.

I'm impressed with the poll so far. I haven't seen any "Internet yardages". :)

yet another reason I like this site so much.

I would say 210-220 range. As long as I am in the fairway, I'm happy.

hi vman ... that's certainly a nice carry ... but can i ask you ... do you ever find yourself caught up in getting more carry? when i watch things on tv like long drive contests and see men in their 60s like retired nfl qb joe theismann hit drives 270 to 290 it just drives me crazy that i can't do the same thing being much younger and in good shape ... just curious what your mindset is regarding your own yardage and how that relates to what you want iexpect from your driver deally ...

I`m looking at shooting the lowest score I can and I try to build my score from the tee.For me accuracy is the key.It`s true that sometimes I have to rein myself in from trying to hit it too hard but this comes down to the mental side of the game and course management.You can do a lot of excersises to increase strength and speed and you can max out your launch and spin rate with the right driver.The thing you can`t do is shoot low scores if you`re consistently driving it into the woods,deep rough or water!Get fitted for the right driver,find your maximum clubhead speed with square contact and play within yourself.

I said 250-274. That is average. I do hit bunches over 300, I can drive almost every par 4 on my home course (from the white, except for 2) they are all in the 320-360 range. Depends on the day, but assuming you mean "in the fairway" def 250-274.

I really wanted to vote for "over 300" since this is the internet after all, but everyone else is being so freaking honest that I put 225-249. I hate being accurate, I'd rather embellish. :banana:

about 149 with the wind about 130 against

250-274. Can I poke it >290? Sure but I consistently carry it 260-270

when I factor in carry I'm in the 275-299 range

Last edited:
Re: How far do you hit your driver?

last time I checked my swing speed, I was in the 94 range. I've fallen off that a bit from lack of motion.

I think the longest carry I had in PS a few weeks ago was in the 225 range. I am ways off of re/max regionals. I wonder if i can ever get back into form?

hitting 269 consistently rocks ... has that generally always been your distance ... or is that an increase or decrease from past years ... i dont know why but i lost 25 some yards last year off the tee ... other clubs distance is the same ... i do know the ft-9 tour was not for me ... i didn't get enough carry and it seemed to just die at descent ... anyway picked up an ft-5 again recently (that's been the best driver for me in recent years) ... i might need to pick up a higher spin shaft too ... curious to see what numbers i get at the sim with it ... real test won't come until weather breaks though ... which is a way off still ...

honestly, i haven't been hitting a driver until the past 2 years or so. when i first started playing i really struggled with a nasty slice so i stuck with a 3w off the tee, all the time. once i decided to put a driver back in the back it was all about finding the right driver, shaft, flex for me. i have a nike str8fit, stiff flex, aldilla voodoo, and the shaft has made all the difference in the world. my swing speed avg is around 101 mph and my carry distance avg's 252-257, obviously course conditions dictate the roll, but according to my last vector #'s (hitting 20 balls w/the E6) my total distance avg was 269. the sad thing is that i'm 6'4'' and fairly athletic, i wish i could hit it further but when i try to increase swing speed, accuracy is out the window!

I just started hitting driver this fall/winter, so far 250-270 is a nice drive if I put a good swing on it. May creep up a bit once we get out of the 50* weather, would be nice to get to 280 (carry and roll) a couple times a round and have wedges into greens.

I also appreciate the honesty of this board. I just started playing April of last year but I play in a league and joined a country club where I see a lot of different golfers, I've yet to see a legit (level ground, no wind) 300yd drive.

I would love to be able to say 275, but the reality is 225 to 235 on average.

stiff flex, aldilla voodoo, and the shaft has made all the difference in the world.

did you by chance hit the voodoo in any mix head? i didn't like the aldila dvs so didn't even consider the voodoo (think general specs were similar) ... maybe i'll check that out soon

did you by chance hit the voodoo in any mix head? i didn't like the aldila dvs so didn't even consider the voodoo (think general specs were similar) ... maybe i'll check that out soon

i put the svs6 in mine only b/c it was a little lighter than the xvs6, and if you've ever swung a str8fit then you'll know that it already is a heavy feeling driver. it was weird b/c when i first hit it with the new shaft i wasn't even close to losing shots left (slice for me). i didn't do a ton of shaft research, pretty much went with the aldilla b/c that's what my local golfusa stocks and is experience with.

I put 300 or more. I play a lot of Mountain courses so it is very very hard to know exact numbers on my drive. But, On a flat course I am good for over 300. For instance, played with SethO and hit a 354 yard drive, down hill. It wasnt straight down hill by any means, but I would say that particular drive was about 315-320.

Well the simulator was saying I was carrying 245-250 with the Ft-9 so add in a little roll and I would say 255-260 average. I would say that is consistent from what I was seeing last year on the course.

275+ here. With a driver I am pretty consistent to carry 260-270. Add a little roll since I have low spin off my driver and I am consistently over 275. Around here the fairways can get very hard and fast in the summer so it is very regular to get 30-40 yards (or more) of roll.

This is of course all things being equal and there is not wind and flat ground. Obviously hitting into/with the wind or uphill/downhill can change the distance

Driver Carry

Driver Carry

I usually carry my drives from 220 - 250 depending on wind, up or down hill, etc. I play a draw (right to left) so I get some pretty good roll outs once the ball hits the ground.

The problem is, my shanks usually go about the same distance and I'm only hitting a wedge :eek:),,,,,,, nawwwwwwwwwww just kidding :D

I'm between 250-274, closer to 250. I've driven a couple of really short par fours (280 and 290 yards), but I'm really happy to put one out there 260 yards.

I haven't hit driver since my RC surgery last September, but at the range I'm hitting my irons the same length as before, even the long irons, if that means anything.

250-274 average verified on the trackman... :D

well, I used to be around 260 - 270 (when I was shooting high 70s, that's wayback when I used to play a lot).

Now I say carry around 220 - 240 and some roll.. so total of about 235 - 260 ?
but once in a while the old form comes back, and last year I remember hitting 290 drive one day :clapp:

Back