New Game Golf system

I'm seeing some value for sure in terms of pointing out holes in my game. I still wish there were more stats though. One thing I've noticed is the difference between misses on a launch monitor and misses on a golf course. Once that ball hits the lush spring rough it just dies and I lose tons of yards. I do wish you could mark things like punch shots or knockdowns separately after the fact, because I hit them quite often and it messes up the distance tracking.[/QUOTE]

Are there extra tags to possibly designate 1 of them as a Misc tag for punch outs or something? Not sure it would really be practical but was thinking about this myself when pondering a purchase.

I really should just take the $250 that I am thinking about spending this and putting into a group of lessons and remove the temptation for the latest gadget... but it sounds like it could be pretty helpful.

Are there extra tags to possibly designate 1 of them as a Misc tag for punch outs or something? Not sure it would really be practical but was thinking about this myself when pondering a purchase.

Yes. Many in this thread have done just that. They have adjusted the distance algorithm to better account for it but it is still a good idea until they give an option to designate shots as chip/pitch in the editor.

Well I used the system for first time this weekend. I made it through 4 holes each time before giving up. I just keep forgetting to tap it before each shot. The occurs mainly with putting where I have developed a very specific routine. I am not giving up but I may need to mark my ball with something that will remind me to tap the club each time.

Well I used the system for first time this weekend. I made it through 4 holes each time before giving up. I just keep forgetting to tap it before each shot. The occurs mainly with putting where I have developed a very specific routine. I am not giving up but I may need to mark my ball with something that will remind me to tap the club each time.

I pulled the tags off my clubs the other day. Mainly because I've always got something different in there and always forget to switch them.

I've really gotten in the habit of tagging as I'm setting up to the ball. It took a few rounds, but now the only shots I'm adding are penalties.

It just needs to become more of a habit. It was interesting playing with one of my friends who is very anti-tech. He plays 10+ year old clubs and walks of all his yardages. He usually guesses the number I laser with in a yard or two and is a scratch golfer. Every time I tagged my club or had to walk back to the spot I hit from to tag it, he would just shake his head.

Used mine in a shotgun start for the first time since I've had it. Started on hole #5. When I uploaded the data the editor had everything placed on the correct holes no problem and I started off on hole #1 for the editing just to do it in order but it had zero problems with starting on an unusual hole.

I signed my first round this morning. Played nine last night and only forgot to tag it a few times. Overall the editior is very easy to use. Not sure I am reeady to ditch the scorecare just yet however. I do find it throws me off a bit to remember to tag the clubs and found myself tagging the same shot twice.

I still use Golfshot for gps and scorekeeping and e-golfstats for detailed stats in addition to the game golf

I lost my 5i tag and am currently using one is the spare tags for now. I tweeted them and got a fast response. Now to see how long it takes I get the replacement tag.

Pretty cool! I'd say somebody like me shooting in the mid to low 90's wouldnt benefit as much as this, but really since all facets of my game need improvement, if I finally do fix something this might tell me for sure if I'm seeing results. Not sure if I'd spend $150 for this but we'll see

Went to play a round this morning. Had my GG all charged up overnight and ready to go. Got to the first tee, pushed the button, it buzzed and the white light came on, then change to red-white-green-white and shut off. Weird. Tried it again. Same result. Just would not turn on/stay on. I put it away and played. Just did a 5 minute chat through their website and Nicci helped me out. Something obviously has gone wrong so she's sending me a new one and a pre-paid label to return the bad one so they can check it out. She said the only time they've had a problem with them is a guy in the Mexican dessert over 100+ degrees. It was only in the 80s in NE FLA today so I doubt it was heat. This was the first round I had tried to play since the last software update, but I'm sure if that were the problem this thread would have a lot more activity in it. :)

Will update when I get the new one for turnaround time, etc.

In case you guys missed it: this week the USGA confirmed that this device IS allowed under the rules of golf.

I've had my GG for just over 1 month. Had a weird experience with ordering from Amazon; I received a used GG (tags still had grip material on the threads and marks from being in a bag). Amazon apologized profusely and overnighted a new one to me. 2nd such experience I've had with Amazon in the last year...

Anyway, some observations from 1 month of play:

PROS

1. GPS on the courses I play is (surprisingly) very accurate. I worked for several years in high-accuracy GPS data collection/correction in my former life and, based on the size of the unit, wasn't expecting stellar accuracy. Pleasantly surprised.

2. Took 3 rounds for me to get in the habit of wearing the unit and tagging clubs. On the tee, I tag after placing the ball on the tee or while waiting on my partner to tee up. Iron/wedge shots I tag just before addressing the ball. Putter is the hardest club for me to remember to tag. Probably because I'm focused on reading the green and/or pin placement; i usually tag it before lining up my putt. I wear the gps unit on my right side and, other than when tagging clubs, forget that I'm wearing it. The vibration/beep when tagging clubs is very subtle and unnoticible to anyone I'm playing with. Of course, they see me tagging the club and quite a few folks have asked about it and are intrigued

3. Stats are great and have led me to change how I play several holes on my home course. Seeing the "cold, hard truth" of where I've been hitting a club lately forces me to be more analytical in how I play certain holes, removing the tendancy to rely/fall back on cherished memories of beautiful shots made on that hole once several years ago. Seems to eliminate, at least for me, the old "I drove the green that one time, so I can do it again today!" mentality.

4. Data download/computer software works well enough. Simple interface is easy to use. Editing/adding shots is easy, and playing a partial round or out of sequence doesn't faze it. One irritating thing (not GG's problem) is that the google imagery is often out of date. My home course completely re-worked the 16th green and fairway two years ago, yet the google earth imagery (and subsequent mapping by GG) still show the old, much shorter alignment. To GG's credit, I worked up a sketch of the new alignment and sent it to them and it was incorporated into their mapping to fix the problem with regard to FIR's and GIR's.

5. Tags and gps unit appear to be durable and long-lasting.

CONS

1. It's a little spendy, but what golf equipment isn't?
2. Wish the tags were black; the red color begins to show bag wear and looks dorky on the end of a black-gripped club. Although, realistically, it's hardly noticible.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my GG. I think it is a misconception that it is only for "good" golfers. I think anyone who plays will benefit from the stats and club tracking features.

Stephen

Went to play a round this morning. Had my GG all charged up overnight and ready to go. Got to the first tee, pushed the button, it buzzed and the white light came on, then change to red-white-green-white and shut off. Weird. Tried it again. Same result. Just would not turn on/stay on. I put it away and played. Just did a 5 minute chat through their website and Nicci helped me out. Something obviously has gone wrong so she's sending me a new one and a pre-paid label to return the bad one so they can check it out. She said the only time they've had a problem with them is a guy in the Mexican dessert over 100+ degrees. It was only in the 80s in NE FLA today so I doubt it was heat. This was the first round I had tried to play since the last software update, but I'm sure if that were the problem this thread would have a lot more activity in it. :)

Will update when I get the new one for turnaround time, etc.

Got my replacement today. Shipped Priority Mail 2-day on the 10th, arrived a day early. Seems to be in perfect working condition and pre-charged. That's good service. Will have it out on the course Saturday morning.

ANNOUNCING OUR NEW SHOT PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS FEATURE

As part of the GAME GOLF Advanced Stats Platform, we're pleased to announce our new Shot Performance feature. Experience cutting-edge ways to visualize accuracy and trends for your shots off the tee and into greens.

e468df00-e54a-4908-bdca-90674d051b6c.jpg

Tee Shot Dispersion: Visualize your tee shot accuracy and know your shot tendencies. Evaluate every shot from every round or a single round. Play more informed off the tee by understanding your shot pattern.
f45cff92-536f-49fa-9469-5f3e2d94e4ef.jpg

Approach Shot Dispersion: Every approach shot is displayed relative to the target, revealing your tendencies on approach in percentages and yardage. See your shots by club or by yardage. Dive into data from individual rounds and specific courses, or review your shots aggregated over all your rounds.
7022bd35-9087-48d3-a019-bc9cf115849b.jpg

To find the new Shot Performance Analysis feature, click "Analysis" on the top navigation bar.

We continue to work hard at GAME GOLF to provide you with game changing features that will lower your scores. Please keep the comments coming by going to http://myexperience.gamegolf.com to share your comments.

See you on the course!

Team GAME GOLF

I am glad the are making improvements. Not sure how much this one will help but it is nice to see a new feature. I have thought about getting rid of mine but I will hang on a little longer.

Nice addition to analysis capabilities. I would encourage the company to continue to make updates and additions as outlined in your feedback blogs - lots of good ideas there with a handful of ideas that have strong support (many votes) - the three primary ones that come to mind are (1) the ability to account for chip shots with 'longer' clubs, (2) the ability to either share or not share round and profile data, i.e. keep your information private or not, and (3) more stat analysis on individual clubs per round or across multiple rounds. Again, thanks for this improvement - nice work.

I think the added features are great. It makes me want to get this back out on the course.

played my first round with my GG today and I aced the first hole!! don't mind the fact that it was only 72 yards, I'll take it any way lol!

http://www.gamegolf.com/round/50216

I brought J4U's one of these ...eagerly wait by the door each day for it to arrive ...cannot wait to get stuck into it :blob:

This is looking cooler by the day.....if it wasn't so obvious that you're wearing/tagging it and the tags were more Discrete I would buy it in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is looking cooler by the day.....if it wasn't so obvious that you're wearing/tagging it and the tags were more Discrete I would buy it in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More discrete = easy to lose if they fall off :)

FYI there is an app update that brings the new analytics into the app. Nice.

I think I am going to pick one of these up Saturday when I go to the PGA SS.

Back