New Game Golf system

Another round with this yesterday. Again I'll say that it's pretty cool and I like being able to analyze things after my round. I still contend the stat keeping is weak for what is possible. Bunkers for example, though at times the spots were so far off you wouldn't have known I was actually in a bunker anyway. I suppose editing after the fact could take care of that, especially if you could choose a 'sand shot' in editing.

More than a few times the tee boxes were pretty far off where the actual tee boxes were. Not a huge deal since you can fix that, but again - I don't really want to spend 10 minutes moving things that should just be correct.

Thanks for the update Hawk. I have really enjoyed the review and will get the chance to see for my self in about a week.

Funny thing is that of all the times the gps doesn't line up with the map afterwards, it's always been correct as to FW or GIR even though the dots were "off the map" so to speak.

Hawk, have you noticed if the accuracy varied with how clear the sky was? I have noticed a difference, but wanted to see what you thought.

Hawk, have you noticed if the accuracy varied with how clear the sky was? I have noticed a difference, but wanted to see what you thought.

Not off the top of my head. It was dead clear on Saturday and I can't really remember about the other times.

I just picked my Game Golf up and after my first round I found it to be surprisingly accurate (not perfect but better than expected) and fun to review after the round. The biggest value-added is in dialing in each club. The distances I thought I hit a club were off by as many as ten yards or slightly more.

Do we have a place where the usernames for THP users are located? That would be great to compare all our rounds and add a bit of "social" atmosphere to it.

Mine should be here today. I'll have it on the course tomorrow.

Been considering getting this. So my question is.. You guys that are using it knowing what you know now, was it a good purchase?

Been considering getting this. So my question is.. You guys that are using it knowing what you know now, was it a good purchase?

Loaded question, check back a few pages for my thoughts. Still remains the same. Would link it but on mobile.

Would I personally spend $250 on it? No.

That doesn't mean I don't like it, but from my perspective I'd be more likely if it was in the $100-150 range max.

Would I personally spend $250 on it? No.

That doesn't mean I don't like it, but from my perspective I'd be more likely if it was in the $100-150 range max.

After reading your thoughts, I still pulled the trigger, though it was for an unopened one at a discounted price. I hope that they will make a lot of the updates that users have requested. It has a lot of potential, but I'm mostly wanting it to know what club I used for what shot as well as basic yardages. I'm still all about my notebook and pencil.

Got my first round in today with this. I'm pretty sure that I failed to tag almost every other stroke on the front 9. I believe that I missed a few on the back as well. It will take some getting used to as I'll need to make it a part of my shot routine.

I found myself on more than a few shots wondering if I tagged or not. This got in my head and caused me to loose focus and make some poor shots. It seemed to work better when I tagged after my swing rather than before.

I'll get in another round in a few days. Hopefully it will go better.

Nice thing is it doesn't matter if you do before or after - it doesn't know. As long as you don't walk away it's fine. I tag my putts when marking or I forget. Other shots before I swing.

It's part of my routine now. I played with rental clubs in China last week and kept tapping the butt to my hip every shot...

It's part of my routine now. I played with rental clubs in China last week and kept tapping the butt to my hip every shot...

Where did you play in China? I want to play in Kunming when I next visit China.

I tried to get another round in with it yesterday. After the third hole it became more of a nuisance with trying to concentrate. I may have run the course with it and time to move on. Still a great tech piece, but don't think I want it as part of my routine right now.

I tried to get another round in with it yesterday. After the third hole it became more of a nuisance with trying to concentrate. I may have run the course with it and time to move on. Still a great tech piece, but don't think I want it as part of my routine right now.

That says alot about it to me.

I really like the basic idea of the system, so I hope that it doesn't get to the point of being a nuisance. I just kept thinking did I or didn't I? It became less so once I got into the swing then tap routine.

Doug/AH, I sort of agree with the sentiment.

First of all, I've had the same issue setting up to the ball. Did I tag this shot? That's not a thing to think about before taking a swing. That said, the issue doesn't reflect poorly on the product.

Got my first round in today with this. I'm pretty sure that I failed to tag almost every other stroke on the front 9. I believe that I missed a few on the back as well. It will take some getting used to as I'll need to make it a part of my shot routine.

I found myself on more than a few shots wondering if I tagged or not. This got in my head and caused me to loose focus and make some poor shots. It seemed to work better when I tagged after my swing rather than before.

I'll get in another round in a few days. Hopefully it will go better.

Glad you got it ok. Enjoy!

Glad you got it ok. Enjoy!

Just uploaded my first round. It looks like I forgot to tag about 20 shots total, so not as bad as I thought. It is a lot easier to add the shots that I failed to tag that it first appeared to be. The GPS is very close to where I remember hitting the ball too.

I really think that once I get tagging as part of my post shot routine, this is going to be a good tool to help my game. Only time will tell though.

Finally finished editing my round. In total it took about 20 minuets, but that was mostly due to me having to add a lot of shots. The one thing that really stands out is where my shots were from when looking at the map. There is a lot on inconsistency in my shots going left or right of target and I really think that has to do with how I'm aiming when not on a perfectly flat surface. This is going to be something that I'll be working on over the next month to prepare for Indy.

I do have to remember to note down where the pins were placed next time as I didn't know you could move them in GameGolf until I edited my round. Cool feature though.

Doug/AH, I sort of agree with the sentiment.

First of all, I've had the same issue setting up to the ball. Did I tag this shot? That's not a thing to think about before taking a swing. That said, the issue doesn't reflect poorly on the product.

I completely agree about not being directed towards the product. How well a job it does still amazes me, and so simple.

Having a tag thought right now is not high on my list, but for most it won't be an issue at all. Lack of editing control and app OS have always been two downsides for me.

Back