DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make my way over to Twin Lakes in Canton. It is just over an hour away but worth the drive.
Another course not far from Canton is The Links at Lands End on Lake Fork. Real fun track. Ideal Golfer had a stay and play deal there for $99 right now. If you like to fish some of the best bass fishing in the country there also.

I've been meaning to get back out to Twin Lakes, too. it really is a beautiful place to play. I don't remember the greens being like that but it was also about october the last time I played. I will go back soon... it's too awesome not to. Something about a course in the piney woods... paradise.

How could you forget those two holes? lol Yes I really need to get back out there it's been a year since I was last out there.

Anyone played Sky Creek lately? Im headed theee for a tournament

It's been over a year, but it's always in great shape n

Same for me, I always look forward to it, and this time its free so it cant be all bad right?!

Same for me, I always look forward to it, and this time its free so it cant be all bad right?!

What kind of tournament is it?

How could you forget those two holes? lol Yes I really need to get back out there it's been a year since I was last out there.

well it was like the 4th or 5th course I ever played. so I didn't have much of a base to compare it with. The crazy greens at the Bridges in Gunter left a much bigger impression :)

Just sayin' hey. New guy here and new to THP. Live in Willow Park and taking lessons. Looking forward to getting out there when my lessons have taken better hold and my game isn't somethng that could go viral on YouTube.

Just wondering...I've played Pecan Valley, Squaw Creek, Z-Boaz (now closed)...all seem to have fairways that are like hardpack. I know it's a lot to ask, but are there any public courses that have somewhat pliable fairways so that when I dig out a chunk, I don't have to put my arm in a sling? (don't laugh all at once, k?) or do I have to join the GC AmTour to play a decent course?

Thanks! :drinks:

Welcome GH! Look forward to meeting you.

Cowboys, grapevine, Fossil Creek...those should have a bit softer fairways but gonna have to pay as they aren't cheap.

Welcome GH! Look forward to meeting you.

Cowboys, grapevine, Fossil Creek...those should have a bit softer fairways but gonna have to pay as they aren't cheap.

Tierre Verde, Texas Star, Sky Creek Ranch are also some good tracks

Tierre Verde, Texas Star, Sky Creek Ranch are also some good tracks

I've been told to avoid TV...greens are absolutely terrible right now.

I've been told to avoid TV...greens are absolutely terrible right now.

Hmm, havent been out there in probably 6 months but thats good to know. Usually that course is in great shape

Hmm, havent been out there in probably 6 months but thats good to know. Usually that course is in great shape

Ya..over the last 3 weeks I've been told this by several different people. Unfortunate as I really enjoyed the course.

It's been over a year, but it's always in great shape n

e2e5y4ez.jpg

Course is in great shape. Greens are QUICK

Just sayin' hey. New guy here and new to THP. Live in Willow Park and taking lessons. Looking forward to getting out there when my lessons have taken better hold and my game isn't somethng that could go viral on YouTube.

Just wondering...I've played Pecan Valley, Squaw Creek, Z-Boaz (now closed)...all seem to have fairways that are like hardpack. I know it's a lot to ask, but are there any public courses that have somewhat pliable fairways so that when I dig out a chunk, I don't have to put my arm in a sling? (don't laugh all at once, k?) or do I have to join the GC AmTour to play a decent course?

Thanks! :drinks:

Welcome GH, looking forward to meeting you down the road.

e2e5y4ez.jpg

Course is in great shape. Greens are QUICK

Wish I was out there with you today. Would love to get out on that course and play again. Fair/tough course. Wish I could afford to play it more often.

Aaron: staying in town this weekend so I will be playing Saturday. Decent chance I'll also look to play either Sunday or Monday also...early of course.

Aaron: staying in town this weekend so I will be playing Saturday. Decent chance I'll also look to play either Sunday or Monday also...early of course.

Ok, im hoping things work out for me to play Saturday, and sunday is out but Monday is a possibility.

Sounds good, I would prefer Monday as well since I'm definitely playing Saturday. Gives me all Sunday to do stuff with the wife.

Sounds good, I would prefer Monday as well since I'm definitely playing Saturday. Gives me all Sunday to do stuff with the wife.

There is a slim chance I could play Monday afternoon... depends on when my in laws leave. I'll keep an eye out to see what you guys plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back