Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Everyone getting their final selections straightened out?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
My order went in yesterday. Too excited not to get it done! My fitting print out is enough to keep a smile on my face. Told my fitter after the Morgan Cup I'd head back out to Phoenix and play a round with him.

Let's hear what you guys went with. Pretty excited to see your bag set ups!

Been around JB as his email has blown up with MC orders today. 2 and a half months and the goodies will be yours.

My order went in the other day and havent had a second thought about it. No changes needed. Very comfortable with my choices. Cant wait to see that bag full on July 25th.

Lets start seeing what everyone went with

Lets start seeing what everyone went with

Big Bertha 10.5 / Stock Shaft / Cut 1 inch short / +2 D
Big Bertha 3W and 5W / 1/2 inch short / +2
X2Hot 5 hybrid w/ Matrix Ozik Altus
Apex 5-SW w/ UST Recoil 660 H3
MackDaddy 2 60 degree 14 degree bounce C grind bent to 58 degrees / UST Recoil 95 F4
Tank Cruise #1 Wide / 35 inches
SR2 Ball
Apex Tour glove
NDMC Black/white mid size grips on everything

X2Hot driver 10.5° Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
X2Hot 4 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
X2Hot 3 & 4 hybrid, stock stiff shaft
Apex Iron 5-AW, 2°upright, +1/2" length, UST Mamiya Recoil shafts
MD2 wedges, 54° and 58° both with 14° bounce, stock shafts
All those with Lamkin REL 3GEN grips in blue, standard +2 wraps
Metal-X Milled #6 with Super Stroke Slim 3.0 grip, 33.5"

Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Just sent my email (had to confirm specific shaft this morning)

BB Alpha, 9*, tour green
BB 3W and 5W, tour green
X2Hot Pro 20*, tour green
Apex 5-AW, TourV (+1/2", 1* up)
MD2 chrome, TourV, 54* (S) 58* (U)
Versa #7 WBW, 35", SS Slim 3.0
SR3

This is what is meeting me in MB to get some work done.

Last edited:
I already posted earlier but I will repost it with the group here:

Bertha Alpha 9° / MR Kuro Kage 60 / Cut to 44.5"
X2hot 4W / Stock Tour Blue
X2hot Pro 18° and 23° Hybrids / Stock Tour Green
Apex 5-AW / KBS C-Taper Stiff / 2° upright
MD2 Chrome 54° (s grind) and 58° (c grind) / KBS C-Taper Stiff / 2° upright
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M 38"
SR2

Driver: Big Bertha 10.5 (+2, D) Diamana ‘ilima 60s Playing Length: 45”

Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3w (+2, D) Fubuki Zeta regular flex Playing Length: 42.5”

Big Bertha 5w (+2, D) Fubuki Zeta regular flex Playing Length: 42”

Hybrid: X2 Hot 4 & 5 Stock regular flex Playing Length: 4 – 39.5”; 5 – 39”

Irons: Apex 6-SW (2* upright, standard length) Project X 95 Flighted 5.0

Wedge: MD2 58* Chrome C-grind

Putter: Tank Cruiser #1 Wide 35”

All grips: Lamkin REL 3Gen Blue (2 wraps)

Ball: SR2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Some awesome bags fellas. They're going to look nice and shiny come Staff Sponsor Day!

Lots of Apex love going on.

Been around JB as his email has blown up with MC orders today. 2 and a half months and the goodies will be yours.

Think he'd notice if I snuck one in. Ha

Great looking serious guys. Can't wait to see and hear the feedback on Staff Sponsor Day.

Lots of Apex love going on.

Being totally honest with you here. Since the Apex irons came out, I have thought they were the nicest set of irons I have ever seen and I have wanted a set. When I first found out that I was going to be sponsored by Callaway it was the first thing I thought of. After speaking with my captain and my tour rep about irons and what would be best for my game and for my team, I decided that I was going into this with an open mind. The only definite for me was that I wanted to play graphite shafts. I have no doubt that the X2Hot irons are excellent irons and will serve quite a few people well but I just felt more comfortable with and had better numbers with the Apex. I would be lying if I told you that if I had similar numbers with both I wouldnt have still gone Apex. But if the numbers showed a significant improvement with the X2hot over the Apex that would be what I was playing. It's very hard when you are basically given the keys to the castle to not go after stuff that you would never have the opportunity to own but in the end I made the choice to play what I hit best. I could have gotten custom shafts in everything but they just didnt work well for me. That also doesnt mean that if someone decides they want to go all custom and just get what they want to play, I would think any less of them. As JB has been saying all along, each person has every right to choose how they go along this journey and this is just another step in the process.

Being totally honest with you here. Since the Apex irons came out, I have thought they were the nicest set of irons I have ever seen and I have wanted a set. When I first found out that I was going to be sponsored by Callaway it was the first thing I thought of. After speaking with my captain and my tour rep about irons and what would be best for my game and for my team, I decided that I was going into this with an open mind. The only definite for me was that I wanted to play graphite shafts. I have no doubt that the X2Hot irons are excellent irons and will serve quite a few people well but I just felt more comfortable with and had better numbers with the Apex. I would be lying if I told you that if I had similar numbers with both I wouldnt have still gone Apex. But if the numbers showed a significant improvement with the X2hot over the Apex that would be what I was playing. It's very hard when you are basically given the keys to the castle to not go after stuff that you would never have the opportunity to own but in the end I made the choice to play what I hit best. I could have gotten custom shafts in everything but they just didnt work well for me. That also doesnt mean that if someone decides they want to go all custom and just get what they want to play, I would think any less of them. As JB has been saying all along, each person has every right to choose how they go along this journey and this is just another step in the process.

Its good to see so many staffers going with what works rather then whats the most expensive.

Lots and lots of Apex irons, I'm sure Callaway loves that.

Its good to see so many staffers going with what works rather then whats the most expensive.

I did request that all BB woods be jewel encrusted, so...

I did request that all BB woods be jewel encrusted, so...

That was the "bedazzled" option correct? I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to mess the swing weight up. :alien:

You know what is awesome, is 6 of the 8 staffers were able to make it to CPCs to get fit and while ATL didn't get to head to the Annika, he had some time out at the Grandaddy, which counts for a bit of something. And to see every staffer fitted into Apex Irons, shows just how versatile and well built these irons are. It's been a fun ride up to this point, I'm ready to get these sticks out and put in some work.

You know what is awesome, is 6 of the 8 staffers were able to make it to CPCs to get fit and while ATL didn't get to head to the Annika, he had some time out at the Grandaddy, which counts for a bit of something. And to see every staffer fitted into Apex Irons, shows just how versatile and well built these irons are. It's been a fun ride up to this point, I'm ready to get these sticks out and put in some work.

Yeah. I was "only" fitted in Carlsbad. It's a rough life.

:Alien

Back