What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What course is this in Michigan?
Whittaker woods .. In new buffalo . It is. Fair test from the green tees , and almost too serve from the back . Next time I will play the green. Too much for me today , too severe and too long

73 today at Cypresswood Golf Club Traditions Course
36 Front with 1 Birdie and 1 Bogey
37 Back with 3 Birdies 2 Bogies and another #$%&ing Double
11 GIR - 11 Fwys - 27 Putts - 1 Chip in for Birdie
Played from the White Tees

Course has been re-rated and new Scorecard is as follows:
Black 74.6/140
Blue 72.0/135
White 69.9/125
Silver 66.7/117

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Solid score on that track. My favorite public course in the city hands down. Challenging yet not too hard. Tests every shot in your bag.

Shot another 82 at my home course from the blues. I really didn't hit any bad shots, just wasn't as sharp on the back nine. I played the last few holes with a girl I met at the course and came to find out she smoked me by shooting a 77 with three penalty shots. That combined with her hitting her driver almost as far as me was a cool but humbling experience.

Shot another 82 at my home course from the blues. I really didn't hit any bad shots, just wasn't as sharp on the back nine. I played the last few holes with a girl I met at the course and came to find out she smoked me by shooting a 77 with three penalty shots. That combined with her hitting her driver almost as far as me was a cool but humbling experience.
Was she good looking ?

Played in the league last night. Shot a dismal 41. Had 2 outright shanks. I was at perfect distances for my clubs and was so confident I was going to hit a good shot I wanted to watch it. Then on number 3 a par 5 I smoke a drive and have about 165 out (we play from the whites) hit a beautiful 7 iron to about 25-30 feet and then 3 putt for par. Nothing is as frustrating as that.

Played 9 after work. Started off -2 after 3, but with 2 shots in a lateral hazard over the course of the next 3 holes that lead to a bogey and double, I ended up shooting even. Finished my 9 off with a chip in from the sand.

77 (+6) on a new course today. THP superstar MaryC invited me onto her home course, Olde Atlanta. I played the tips. Interesting, while the score card had the yardage at about 6600 (Par 71), the tee markers were all 10-20 yards longer than the yard ages shown on the score card. It was strange. (EDIT: Per US Handicap, the yardage is 6,789, which ic consistent with the yardage markers for each hole.)

I drove the ball really well apart from one hooked 3W. Approach game was pretty decent. Swing felt a little wonky today. Greens at the course just confused me all day. I had several chips that I thought would stop within a foot that released another five. Lots of ball kicking ensued around the greens.

All in all, a satisfying round.

Even I had a frustrating day on the greens on Saturday. Not sure how many cruise by edge of holes putts that any other day would've dropped for me I had and I "know" the greens. Really had a nice time playing with you and it was fun to see how the tips play at Olde Atlanta up close and personal. I think I drove by your tee box every other hole as I've never had to stop at the tips. We'll do it again and maybe drag you and a few other THPers up to Windermere to play the new greens.

Even I had a frustrating day on the greens on Saturday. Not sure how many cruise by edge of holes putts that any other day would've dropped for me I had and I "know" the greens. Really had a nice time playing with you and it was fun to see how the tips play at Olde Atlanta up close and personal. I think I drove by your tee box every other hole as I've never had to stop at the tips. We'll do it again and maybe drag you and a few other THPers up to Windermere to play the new greens.

The greens were the definite winner of the match last weekend. Burned edges galore. Really fun course, though. Thanks again for hosting.

We definitely need to figure out a THPer gathering. I know several would join in if the schedules line up.

The greens were the definite winner of the match last weekend. Burned edges galore. Really fun course, though. Thanks again for hosting.

We definitely need to figure out a THPer gathering. I know several would join in if the schedules line up.

Once this month's crazy travel schedule is over, I'll start figure something out along the lines we talked about on Saturday and put the feelers out in the local gatherings threads.

Count me in for Windermere. A Canongate course I haven't played yet. I need to get up there.

Shot a 9 over 44 last night in league, and can attribute at least 3 shots to bad chips. On 9 (a reachable par 4), I pull my tee shot left but pin high. I chunk my chip into a bunker, and then chunk my bunker shot and leave it in the bunker. Barely miss the putt and card a double. Making the turn at 1, I hit a great drive, and then my PW ends up going long, and I'm in the rough behind the green about 5 yards off. I blade my chip and end up just off the fringe on the other side. I chipped on but not close and 2 putt for another double. The rest of my game is coming around, but my short game, especially chipping, is holding me back and is what I'll be focusing on for the immediate future. Have a lesson tonight to focus on short game, and hope to pick up some tips. My self-diagnosed problem is that I'm worried about blowing the ball by (either on putts or chips) so I don't commit to a shot and the results end up poorly.

Shot a 40 last night in league. 48 degrees and raining, course was drenched. Felt good about the score. Made one birdie on a par 5 and missed 3 more birdie putts, all in all a good ball striking day.

No warm up because of the weather, was 3 over after 2, took me a bit to get going.

Shot a 9 over 44 last night in league, and can attribute at least 3 shots to bad chips. On 9 (a reachable par 4), I pull my tee shot left but pin high. I chunk my chip into a bunker, and then chunk my bunker shot and leave it in the bunker. Barely miss the putt and card a double. Making the turn at 1, I hit a great drive, and then my PW ends up going long, and I'm in the rough behind the green about 5 yards off. I blade my chip and end up just off the fringe on the other side. I chipped on but not close and 2 putt for another double. The rest of my game is coming around, but my short game, especially chipping, is holding me back and is what I'll be focusing on for the immediate future. Have a lesson tonight to focus on short game, and hope to pick up some tips. My self-diagnosed problem is that I'm worried about blowing the ball by (either on putts or chips) so I don't commit to a shot and the results end up poorly.

44 is a good score, nice shooting. I wouldn't worry so much about blowing the ball by on either a chip or a putt. That is probably what causes you to decel when you're chipping. At least if the ball runs by you get to see the line of your next putt or chip, assuming it isn't too hard by.

44 is a good score, nice shooting. I wouldn't worry so much about blowing the ball by on either a chip or a putt. That is probably what causes you to decel when you're chipping. At least if the ball runs by you get to see the line of your next putt or chip, assuming it isn't too hard by.

Thanks. Highlight of the night was sinking a 20 foot putt to save par.

It will just take some time to undo the damage to my confidence that has been caused by poor results! But figuring out the problem is the first step.

This year has been a real struggle for me. I haven't been able to put a round together this year and my handicap is skyrocketing because of it. After coming off my worst round since I started playing again today I went out and shot 38, which is so much better but still a lot of mistakes. I had 4 bogeys 2 birdies and 3 pars, like I said not pretty.

Shot a PB on Wed 48 on 9. Ball striking was great for me, unfortunately my putter was not cooperating and I had 6 3putts for a total of 24 putts.

Was finally able to get out for another 9 yesterday and had the opposite round. Shot a 55, ball striking was really bad but my putting was good. 17 putts and only one 3 putt. At least something was working. :clapp:

Not a good day today. My back has been bothering me and it definitely hurt my swing today. I was very inconsistent and shot a 49 on my usual front nine, the worst I have shot in awhile. Two pars, couple bogeys, and the rest were doubles or triples. Some days you just don't have it.... oh well.

Had an amazing day yesterday with 8 of my co-workers at a branch meeting in Bend, Oregon. Played Widgi Creek for the first tme and made a hole in one on the 5th hole in route to shooting a 68! Only my second hole in one and it was great to have a bunch of friends there to celebrate with. 5 of the guys I've been working with for over 10 years. I also lucked out that there was only a couple people in the bar afterwards so I got off easy on the bar tab.

A nice 83, made all the better for not having any double bogies (all pars and bogies today) which is a first for me so that is another milestone ticked off.

Shot 82 today. 9 fairways 9 GIR 37 putts with 3 3 jacks! 2 dbl bogies mixed in there too. Terrible day with the flat stick. Struggling a little bit right now.

Shot 82 today. 9 fairways 9 GIR 37 putts with 3 3 jacks! 2 dbl bogies mixed in there too. Terrible day with the flat stick. Struggling a little bit right now.

Not a bad score with all of those putts.

What did you shoot today?

Putting has plagued me for a few rounds now. Time to fix that for sure

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out soon. Has it been a speed issue or green-reading issue?

Speed and line...I will be calling my SPI guy if I don't get it back soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back