Cobra Bio Cell Irons Review Thread

I was shocked to see the prices dropping so quickly on these, I'm guessing the rest of the world hasn't gotten the memo on exactly how good these irons are. Fools I tell you!

Seriously! I am seriously pondering. I love my JPX's....but man, if you are patient on ebay you can get a brand new set for the mid 300's...

I'm a true Mizuno nut and will tell you to do it, the Cobra irons are that good.

I'm a true Mizuno nut and will tell you to do it, the Cobra irons are that good.

Love me some Mizunos and love my Apex Pros more, but the bio cell irons have me so excited formthe MC.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Ive said it before and will continue to say it, it takes a little while to get acclimated to the looks of these. They are "unique" as a hole and unfortunately many golfers wont even try them due to this fact. This is extremely sad , as they are great sticks. Get a fitting to match the right shaft and imo the performance is up there with best of them.

well i saw them first hand yesterday and i actually really liked the looks. Unfortunately, the Golfsmith by me just opened in the last month, and they don't have a full testing cart with various shafts/lengths. I think i really want to go with a heavier shaft if the numbers prove out.

so i was able to take a few swings of a 7i today and use both stock shafts, the xp 85, and S300. Much to my dismay though, no KBS, or PX shafts to try in the bio cells. Kinda bummed, was looking forward to trying a full fitting. Is there any alternatives you think? Trying the same shafts in a different brands head? (they had a ton of TM options) or are the variables just too great?

so i was able to take a few swings of a 7i today and use both stock shafts, the xp 85, and S300. Much to my dismay though, no KBS, or PX shafts to try in the bio cells. Kinda bummed, was looking forward to trying a full fitting. Is there any alternatives you think? Trying the same shafts in a different brands head? (they had a ton of TM options) or are the variables just too great?

Just a ton of variables for sure, you have to remember the head will effect what is seen out of the shaft as it's the greatest part of the sum. In other words, a tour won't play the same in two different heads for the majority if golfers as far as numbers. Sometimes it works out well, but not always, always best to find and try things in the head you want it in. And sadly often easier said than done I know.

I have a set of these irons coming on Friday. I see a 3 iron is available separately, has anyone tried one or is it not realistic to hit a 18 degree iron. I will be replacing a set of 16 year old powerbilt irons and hope I will notice a big difference.

Just a ton of variables for sure, you have to remember the head will effect what is seen out of the shaft as it's the greatest part of the sum. In other words, a tour won't play the same in two different heads for the majority if golfers as far as numbers. Sometimes it works out well, but not always, always best to find and try things in the head you want it in. And sadly often easier said than done I know.

Are you still waiting to try the KBS in these, or have you hit them already?

Altitudes or Bio Cell?

I have never read any threads of such unabashed affection as these two under-the-radar sets.

Are you still waiting to try the KBS in these, or have you hit them already?

I'll try them on Friday at the MC, I went R+'s for my order. :alien:

Altitudes or Bio Cell?

I have never read any threads of such unabashed affection as these two under-the-radar sets.

Different beasts to be honest, both long, both pack a lot of forgiveness, I do think the Alt's launch higher though. They also have less offset than these.

I know it doesn't help, but the only way to know for sure is to hit them both.

I'll try them on Friday at the MC, I went R+'s for my order. :alien:

yeaahhhh buddy!!!! can't wait to hear about them in action

Altitudes or Bio Cell?

Haven't played the former, so I can't really comment on them. But the Bio Cell is pretty tough to beat. Even the Bio Cell + is a great iron. That's an iron I would game full time for sure.

Are those stock Dynalite shafts a re-badged TT offering, or are they only made for Cobra? Trying to find out some more detail on them and coming up empty. On their site, it says weight is 85-105...does that mean the stiff shaft is 105g? That seems like a very large increase over the 85g regular flex?

I'm just seeing where both Reg and Stiff are 85-90g. Are you talking the Cobra site or TT site?

Weird that it's labled differently in the two places. I'd lean towards 85-90g being correct though. What sort of information are you looking for on the shaft other than the weight thing?

the weight was the main thing, and you're right, 90 makes alot more sense. i didn't even notice it was different on the iron page. I was just trying to see what shaft characteristically it might most resemble. I'm really looking for a heavier shaft though I think, ultimately.

I think most of those 85-90g stock GI iron shafts (among all the different club brands) are pretty much the same thing. Many are flighted to help get the ball up in the air w/ the longer irons. Pretty soft all around.

I think most of those 85-90g stock GI iron shafts (among all the different club brands) are pretty much the same thing. Many are flighted to help get the ball up in the air w/ the longer irons. Pretty soft all around.

Definitely high launch and whippy.

Well, did the next best thing, got fitted with their standard shaft. Then used the Mizuno shaft optimers, and top recommendation was stiff kbs tour. I was still leery, but the promised me I could return with 30 days if I didn't like them, so I figured what did I have to lose? Very exciting...first fitting I've had in 2 years. Was waiting until my swing was more consistent, and wanted to remove the doubt that was always in the back of my mind

Interesting reading, but I have to admit, I hate the look of this club. Maybe it looks different when actually in hand but the cavity photos are just too much for me. Performance and price seem right though..

I agree. Pretty chunky.

The standard Bio Cell does have a pretty large footprint but it really performs well, it's just so easy to hit the ball with it, it's almost unfair lol.

The standard Bio Cell does have a pretty large footprint but it really performs well, it's just so easy to hit the ball with it, it's almost unfair lol.

Couldnt agree more. When I was @my fitting, it was soooo easy to hit. It seemed it didnt matter which swing I put on the ball it just flew off long and straight.

In the end I looked at the +'s, and they are very attractive clubs... but in my mind there was absolutely no reason to swing them. I dont think I would have gained anything from them except a little apperance comfort. So I just went with the long straight and forgiving.

Couldnt agree more. When I was @my fitting, it was soooo easy to hit. It seemed it didnt matter which swing I put on the ball it just flew off long and straight.

In the end I looked at the +'s, and they are very attractive clubs... but in my mind there was absolutely no reason to swing them. I dont think I would have gained anything from them except a little apperance comfort. So I just went with the long straight and forgiving.

Sounds like a smart decision. Putting the ego aside and playing the regulars is going to help alot in MB. Take the forgiveness and run with it.

Back