Colored Balls vs White Balls

I have been playing yellow mostly lately, in a couple of different balls. I can say that not all yellow covers are created equal. I find the Callaway and Srixon more vibrant and easier to see than the Wilson. I've yet to try the Bridgestone colors but that's next. I love the e6 ball so much I think I'll be picking up yellow and orange covers. I really like the idea of playing a different color from the rest of my group. Always knowing which one is mine just takes one more variable out of the equation.

Played the yellow W/S Duo today. 18 holes, never lost a ball, but shot 91 (avg 88-89)...which should tell you about my chipping on a wet ground. Played 2 holes with the white Duo and it performed better, but that could be from my swing. Liked the ball though.

I played the orange e6 today and I think this will be my new go-to ball. It's very vibrant and so much easier to spot, at least on dormant fairways/rough. It also stands out from the rest of the group so that helps too. I'll play through the rest of the yellow balls I have this year but I think anything else I buy will be orange e6. Winner!

I like white balls. The only coloured balls I played was years ago with the Ping dual colour ball. I hated loosing those.

I played the orange e6 today and I think this will be my new go-to ball. It's very vibrant and so much easier to spot, at least on dormant fairways/rough. It also stands out from the rest of the group so that helps too. I'll play through the rest of the yellow balls I have this year but I think anything else I buy will be orange e6. Winner!

I love the colour on the orange e6 too, great ball.

I'm a yellow guy. Been playing them a few years now and anything else feels strange for me to play.

The Q-Star and B330-RX being such great balls and available in yellow got me on this path.

I just purchased two dozen yellow Callaway Chrome+ into play. First time the I have bought a ball other than white. I want to see if they are easier for me to see during the Winter golf.

I like the e6 in yellow and can see them better than white balls. I have about 3 dozen e6 in white though so will use those before buying any more yellow.

I play yellow primarily so that others don't play my ball. It's a lot better when I'm on the wrong fairway (or someone is on mine) than shouting, "Hey! Are your SUUURREEE that's your ball?" :)

I like white ones. I'll play yellow balls if I find decent ones... I mean find them on the golf course.

If you want to see some wild colored golf balls, do a web search for Chromax golf balls. I found one on the golf course today. I can't understand how anyone could have lost it.

Count me in as yellow guy ... I also write iSuk on them ... as if the home owner that finds it did not know that already ...

Actually white seems odd to me these days ...

I prefer yellow. I would like to try a orange.

I wish ProV1s came in yellow. I like the yellow but prefer ProV1s more, so gotta play the whites.

I wish bstone made options in the 330 series

I like to use yellow during twilight hours. I can see it a lot better in the air and find it easier when the sun is going down.

I play yellow most of the year bu switch back to white in the fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, why is it that some people frown on those that use yellow balls? The started at the course I played Sunday actually sounded offended when he asked if I was REALLY going to use a yellow ball and then shook his head when I said yes. What don't I get?

I have a few Titleist "Prestige" golf balls, which look like a Mother of Pearl white cover with double digits (I have 05 and 07). They look great, but alas, do not float.
I hit yellow range balls at my home course, so yellow balls on the first hole are tough to differentiate from range balls.
I like pink balls. Always know which ball is mine. And I beat most of my friends, so they stopped talking smack about them a while ago.

I used yellow balls the last 2 years and think they are great. I can find them better than a white ball.

I prefer the yellow Z Star XV. I'd probably play that ball if they only came in white but I like the yellow for all the reasons that everyone else has mentioned.

Out of curiosity, why is it that some people frown on those that use yellow balls? The started at the course I played Sunday actually sounded offended when he asked if I was REALLY going to use a yellow ball and then shook his head when I said yes. What don't I get?

I have zero clue of why anyone cares what ball you play let alone would be offended by the color of your ball.

I like white ones. I'll play yellow balls if I find decent ones... I mean find them on the golf course.

If you want to see some wild colored golf balls, do a web search for Chromax golf balls. I found one on the golf course today. I can't understand how anyone could have lost it.

We've done quite a bit with them in the past. Home page review and forum testing.

When I started playing last fall, I had a hard time following the plain white balls through the air, so I picked up a few orange balls so I could follow the flight better. They were harder to find in the rough than white ones. This season so far I've been playing white, and have not had nearly the same issues following ball flight as I did last year (I am keeping them in the fairway a little better, so that helps!!). I do still love to use my Easter Eggs (as my father-in-law calls them) from time to time!

I ran out of onrange balls this week and bouth some white balls for my round yesterday, I have to say I missed them

I use yellow balls when the cotton starts flying. Which should be any day.

Back