Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

Just got my Tour AD BB-6S, going to hopefully get a chance to try her out on the course this weekend.

Played my first round with the bio cell yesterday and hit some huge drives. I was consistently hitting the ball towards the heel rather than in the center of the face and still got great results. I'm hoping by adjusting my set up a little I can get more face centered contact. I'm also considering taking about 3/4 -1" off the shaft for better control and help improve contact.

Took my daughter to a different range on Saturday and when she hit it good the ball just flew off of her driver. I really don't think the yardage was right on the range so can't say how far it was really going. Our home range opens tomorrow and then I will be able to tell if she is really hitting it farther and how far her drives are. She needs to get more consistent, but the Bio Cell is alot better than what she was using.

Just ordered the Red Tie + version shaft for my bio Cell off the Bay, should be able to put it to the test later this week. for 65.00 shipped i figured it was a good buy, and i've never hit the Red Tie so looking forward to it.

I have zero doubt with where my swing is now that I could play the + model in the MC with absolutely zero issues, but I just don't see any reason on earth to eff with the consistency I see out of this one. Just such a freaking good driver for me, much more so than the Amp Cell, which is quite amazing to be honest the more I think about it.

Another day with the Bio back in the bag, another day of realization I prefer it a ton over the AC that I loved.

Its the launch, forgiveness, and most importantly spin that I need. I'm not a high spin guy, so a low-mid spin head does wonders for me.

Another day with the Bio back in the bag, another day of realization I prefer it a ton over the AC that I loved.

Its the launch, forgiveness, and most importantly spin that I need. I'm not a high spin guy, so a low-mid spin head does wonders for me.

i couldn't agree more. I've been toying around with the AD BB, and when i hit it on the screws, i'm getting about 15 more yards...but not sure if it's worth the cost in consistency I'm finding. I really want to try the red tie as well...but i think for now i personally might be better off with the PXV. Not sure why I tinker with things that are working great for me...it's a compulsion I think.

The PXv is a heck of a pairing, I honestly almost went that way in the MC, but the Red-Tie is just a better shaft for my swing and this head for me. Just a solid head though, It really is.

Didn't like the PXv shaft in the Bio Cell. I've never been a huge fan of it in anything to be honest. For some reason when I hit it in the Bio Cell, it turned into a spin machine. Bio Cell + and the Red Tied were deadly for me.

Great line if drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

The PXv is a heck of a pairing, I honestly almost went that way in the MC, but the Red-Tie is just a better shaft for my swing and this head for me. Just a solid head though, It really is.

I agree 100%. I'm going PXv for my driver and FW's. It's a great pairing for me so no need to fight it.

Didn't like the PXv shaft in the Bio Cell. I've never been a huge fan of it in anything to be honest. For some reason when I hit it in the Bio Cell, it turned into a spin machine. Bio Cell + and the Red Tied were deadly for me.

Great line if drivers

Not surprising since the Bio is designed to be a higher spin head than the +.

It may not work for everyone, but they hit the nail on the head in putting together a combo that will fit a majority pretty damn well off the shelf. MUCH better stock shaft than last year, last years with the AC was a disaster.

I agree 100%. I'm going PXv for my driver and FW's. It's a great pairing for me do no need to fight it.

I like it dude, 100% I like it.

Not surprising since the Bio is designed to be a higher spin head than the +.

It may not work for everyone, but they hit the nail on the head in putting together a combo that will fit a majority pretty damn well off the shelf. MUCH better stock shaft than last year, last years with the AC was a disaster.

Totally agree with you.

Paired the Bio Cell with the Kyoshi Gold today. Not a bad combo for me, but far from great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a lime green one. Ugh.

Have been greatly enjoying this driver for a little while now, such a great component for me paired with the D+. Was truly in the number one spot for the bag until last night...

Got a blue one on the way, stock stiff shaft but -.75

Got a blue one on the way, stock stiff shaft but -.75

Did you take advantage of the family code and $100 instant savings?? Just tried it and it isn't letting me use the family code and get $100 off.

They apparently fixed the "error" that was allowing both the family code and the instant savings. Boo.

I just got one brand new off ebay for very cheap, though. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Well after trying several, and finding myself partial to the regular flex tour shaft.
I wound up going back and hitting last years Amp Cell with the standard stiff, high kick point 60 g shaft.
It really had the same feel to me as the tour regular shaft..
Or super close..
Right in my sweet spot !!! :)
I picked one up brand-new on eBay for $110 !!!!!
And that was right in my sweet spot as well ... :))))))
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Well, I had a honeymoon period with my biocell, then we had a bit of a falling out for a few weeks there.. (I was hitting wicked snap hooks with it) I was considering shelving it for awhile and going back to the amp cell.
But I took a long look at what was going on with my swing and made a few changes, and I'm back on track with my bio. I had gps verified drives today of 310, 292 and 270. Those are nice, but not the norm, however with the amp last year I was fighting a push that would leave me off the fairway, but short of being oob. The best thing about the bio to me is it has completely eliminated the left side of the course (which is usually oob for me as I'm a lefty)
Really loving this club with my z-star xv's.. I'm murdering the ball with it again :D

How does the PX play? True to flex?

Will most oat likely get it cut down to 44.5" or so, so I am thinking that I should go regular instead of stiff due to cutting it down.

How does the PX play? True to flex?

Will most oat likely get it cut down to 44.5" or so, so I am thinking that I should go regular instead of stiff due to cutting it down.

IMO, yes.

Well, I had a honeymoon period with my biocell, then we had a bit of a falling out for a few weeks there.. (I was hitting wicked snap hooks with it) I was considering shelving it for awhile and going back to the amp cell.
But I took a long look at what was going on with my swing and made a few changes, and I'm back on track with my bio. I had gps verified drives today of 310, 292 and 270. Those are nice, but not the norm, however with the amp last year I was fighting a push that would leave me off the fairway, but short of being oob. The best thing about the bio to me is it has completely eliminated the left side of the course (which is usually oob for me as I'm a lefty)
Really loving this club with my z-star xv's.. I'm murdering the ball with it again :D

I thought about putting the AC back in play a lot today. I didn't like the stock grip, so I had a new grip put on. Unfortunately, I accidentally selected a midsize grip, which seemed to cause some problems. For the last 2 days, I have really struggled. I am bombing it, but I am pushing everything right. My draw is gone. Distance is not a problem at all. It's the wildness.

Back