Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

Thought this thread might see a little more action today after the Morgan Cup staffers got that PM. Let's here it guys, who is looking bio cell driver? Oh and the more important question, which color?

Bio. Red Tie. Stiff.

Color? Hahahaha

I'm with you War.

Not sure as I haven't hit either of them outdoors (aside from a few terrible swings in Dallas, thx James) Shaft will be D+ at the moment. Color will either be black or red. The D+ combo looks sick in the red cell, but Black on black sounds interesting and mean.

Not sure as I haven't hit either of them outdoors (aside from a few terrible swings in Dallas, thx James) Shaft will be D+ at the moment. Color will either be black or red. The D+ combo looks sick in the red cell, but Black on black sounds interesting and mean.

i went black with my Bio Cell, and very happy with the looks, and how it sets up to the ball.

Wife gave me the 'go ahead' last night for new driver. The Bio Cell will be in my bag by this weekend. Just need to pick a color.. Is the black a matte finish? I'm a Univ of Fla. Alum soo orange or blue are also options.

Wife gave me the 'go ahead' last night for new driver. The Bio Cell will be in my bag by this weekend. Just need to pick a color.. Is the black a matte finish? I'm a Univ of Fla. Alum soo orange or blue are also options.

Nope. Its a gloss finish.

Go blue, best color of the bunch (other than lime, but I'm THP biased there) IMO.

Nope. Its a gloss finish.

Go blue, best color of the bunch (other than lime, but I'm THP biased there) IMO.

Go Blue!

James needs to take his own advice hehe

Bought the Matriz red tie (the Bio+ version) shaft off eBay this morning. Can't wait to see how the combo works out next weekend.

Gamed this for the first time today....Holy sheep dip Batman!!! this thing is a fairway finder!!! shot a 76 at the home track, usually shoot around 80-85, but when you're feeling it off the tee good things happen everywhere!!
p.s. got the blue..

I have my eyes on an EBay auction ending soon... For a blue Bio.

Gamed this for the first time today....Holy sheep dip Batman!!! this thing is a fairway finder!!! shot a 76 at the home track, usually shoot around 80-85, but when you're feeling it off the tee good things happen everywhere!!
p.s. got the blue..
Fairway finder is definitely what I need!
I have my eyes on an EBay auction ending soon... For a blue Bio.
I just won one on the bay for a black bio cell. I really liked the orange but felt like it might distract me and I couldn't pass up the deal I got.

Has anyone tried cutting down the shaft a little to make it play closer to 45"? I feel like shortening it a little would help me control it better and not feel as much like a long drive driver with me only being 5'8"". My only concern would be the change in swing weight and any effects that might have.

I am fairly certain it's not common knowledge but anyone have an idea of the torque on the stock Stiff Shaft for the Bio Cell.

I am fairly certain it's not common knowledge but anyone have an idea of the torque on the stock Stiff Shaft for the Bio Cell.

Honestly, no clue at all.

Honestly, no clue at all.

here was the response.

COBRA Golf Customer Service (Cobra Golf Customer Service)
Apr 29 12:40
Hi Matt,
I don't have have the exact degrees of torque but it is a mid torque which would fall in the mid 3's to 4 degrees of torque range.
Enjoy Golf,
Cobra Puma Customer Support

Well Jury is still out, put my Bio Cell through 3 rounds this past week, and saw decent forgiveness and distance, but nothing that screamed keep me.

I hit it next to my Taylor Made 07 TP with ACCRA shaft, and over all got better flight(mid-High), and distance with the TM.

I may try and cut the stock shaft down to 45, and i am also going to get with Ken at victory custom, and try a few shafts he has made up already for the Bio Cell, and Bio Cell Plus. I may have a chance to get in the bay and see some exact numbers side by side.

I had probably the best driving round of my life this weekend, first round with the bio cell too. Course, it didn't stop be from picking up a Tour AD BB 6S off the bay this weekend and an extra adapter from Golfworks. Hope to have it together by this weekend

Just going to say this, BiO Cell with the red tie from the BiO Cell+ is a B E A S T! It hits so smoothly and so far. I was really surprised with the distance this thing adds. At least another 20 yards compared to last years Covert.

Locked and loaded to put this bad boy through the paces. First outing shows favor and has already knocked out the Cell until I can get my own. Lower spin calls for me.

Back