Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have shot them both? How would you compare them?

I'd love to test the Oban TL, but I suspect that I won't see one in Finland unless I bring it here myself in July :)

From my experience, the Kyoshi Gold would be closest in relation to the AD-DI. Tour Limited does not appear to be as soft in the tip section as the other two. Tour limited seemed more Tour AD-BB to me if trying to compare to the Graphite Design line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

From my experience, the Kyoshi Gold would be closest in relation to the AD-DI. Tour Limited does not appear to be as soft in the tip section as the other two. Tour limited seemed more Tour AD-BB to me if trying to compare to the Graphite Design line.

Thanks! That helps me but at the same time makes me ponder even more!

AD-DI seems to be a solid choice for me.

Thanks! That helps me but at the same time makes me ponder even more!

AD-DI seems to be a solid choice for me.

Both are solid, but I agree, sticking with what you know is never a bad choice.

Which shaft do you think from the Oban series is going to be closest to the Fubuki ZT in the Alpha?

True...I'm seeing a bit too much spin in my current driver, but I'm afraid I won't get the ball in air properly with a low/mid traj. low spin shaft combined with the SLDR S.

At the same time, this is an incredible chance to go for something totally different.

Now I'm looking at:

Driver: SLDR S 14° / 44.5" / Tour AD DI-6 S
Wood: SLDR S Mini-driver 16° / Tour AD DI-7 S
Wood: SLDR S 5-wood, 19° / Tour AD DI-7 S
Irons: SLDR 4 - AW / KBS TOUR Stiff
Wedges:56° (ATV) 60° (ATV) / KBS TOUR V Wedge
Putter: Daytona 62 35"
Ball: Tour Preferred

Here's a question, Henri: what bag setup are you the most excited about? Which one flutters the heartstrings the most?

Which shaft do you think from the Oban series is going to be closest to the Fubuki ZT in the Alpha?

Unfortunately outside of the K-series, I haven't spent enough time with the Fubuki line to comment. Have basically just hit them inside at Golf Town

Now I'm looking at:

Like it a lot. Wish I like the feel of the AD-DI series. Im excited to try the AD-MT.

Ponder of the Apex with Recoils getting more serious. It seems like any store I deal with has to order them from Callaway and it will take a few weeks. Golfsmith says they actually do an hour fitting to make sure I'm wired into them, not sure how I feel about that. I guess it could help. It's just a lot of coin; I wish I could find some where that has a set in stock so I can hit some of the clubs other than the 6i.

Pondering some heavier hybrid shafts. The KBS tours im playing feel amazing and I've been seeing fantastic results since moving from an 85g. Curious if a heavier hybrid shaft will feel just as awesome

The xhot pros are going up for sale as soon as I get home Monday and I'll be getting some Apex's off callaway preowned with the 20% off they are offering right now. pondering what shaft now...really depends on what is available when I buy I suppose...

Now I'm looking at:

Im thinking I might go 14* SLDR S AND 14* SLDR Mini Driver

Hit the Apex with Recoils. Wow. I hit them a few months ago, and these still really stand out. And the numbers looked very good. They are pricey, but I am salivating. Father's Day coming up and all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good luck! Being a dad myself, I do wish you luck in getting them for Father's Day!

Adizero Tour vs. Adizero One. Is the One worth the extra dough? Tried it on today and it was freakish comfortable, but don't know how different it is than the Tour.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Now I'm looking at:

looks like a solid set up

Those of you pondering apex irons check ebay item 171335987256. 18hrs remaining

So after a stop at my local demo day today....either J40 DPC or Callaway Apex irons.

Those are exactly my ponderings. I have hit the apex 6i and loved it. Have never hit the j40

Having gamed the J40's for over a year my thoughts are these:
- The Apex are longer
- The Apex are more forgiving
- The Apex are more expensive

The J40's are a much better value IMO at the present time but I don't believe they are the better iron. Just have to decide if the extra distance and forgiveness is worth the extra cash for the Apex. Apex and J40's should both plummet in value next year whenever the follow up is announced (pure speculation on my part).

Here's a question, Henri: what bag setup are you the most excited about? Which one flutters the heartstrings the most?

I think the mini version does, but I'm not sure if it's the right one. I frankly don't know where I would hit the mini. I'm a short hitter and if my driver would be too long I can't see why I wouldn't go 5-wood or 4-iron.

The easier from the tee thing is just bs to me, every club is hard from the tee if you don't swing a good swing.

I think the mini version does, but I'm not sure if it's the right one. I frankly don't know where I would hit the mini. I'm a short hitter and if my driver would be too long I can't see why I wouldn't go 5-wood or 4-iron.

The easier from the tee thing is just bs to me, every club is hard from the tee if you don't swing a good swing.

Quoted for truth. I've never really found 3 wood to be any easier off the tee than driver so my course management has always been a bit limited I think.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I really like the idea of a mini driver, but I'm not sure how practical it is. I am going to try and locate a 16° tonight, I loved the feel of the 14° I hit the other day but it launched too low for me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I really like the idea of a mini driver, but I'm not sure how practical it is. I am going to try and locate a 16° tonight, I loved the feel of the 14° I hit the other day but it launched too low for me.

I wouldn't even both demoing it from the tee. You're going to nee it off the deck at some point so make sure it works there. If it gets off the deck, off the tee is easy breezy.

I wouldn't even both demoing it from the tee. You're going to nee it off the deck at some point so make sure it works there. If it gets off the deck, off the tee is easy breezy.

I didn't have a problem hitting it off the deck, it just didn't launch high enough to get the carry I was looking for. I'm hoping the 16° will remedy that.

Going to have to start a search for some less stiff shafts for my 910D2 I think.... just painful swinging it yesterday, really having to step into it to get good results. I need to find something I can use with a bit of an easier swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back