Noise Cancelling Headphones

I want the Bluetooth QC 15s now.

I am not sure I could go back to flying without these. What a game changer.

No kidding. ..effing plane engines are so loud and without them on a 4 hour flight I would have gone postal.

I want the Bluetooth QC 15s now.

I am a big bluetooth fan. But because I only use these when I travel, I cannot think I would get the big benefit of the wireless tech.

I am a big bluetooth fan. But because I only use these when I travel, I cannot think I would get the big benefit of the wireless tech.

Bad enough on all the golf stuff I see myself buying from suggestions in this forum... now you're luring me into wanting non-golf items too. #Priorities

Bad enough on all the golf stuff I see myself buying from suggestions in this forum... now you're luring me into wanting non-golf items too. #Priorities

THP Events equal travel. Travel stuff is fun...hehe

Have you tried the new qc20i earphones??
Just bought some, personally think they're amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the new qc20i earphones??
Just bought some, personally think they're amazing.

Im not an earbud guy personally. While I am sure they are fantastic, I want to be enveloped into the sound and have the noise canceling do what it does.

The Bose QC series is where it is at for passenger noise canceling headsets. I've been using them (various models) for over 15 years now and have had nothing but great success. They work wonderfully, get good battery life, and have good sound. Even better is Bose customer service, they are fantastic' if the ear cups wear out you can call Bose and they'll send you a replacement kit for free. Cannot recommend strongly enough.

in fact, I like mine so much I switched to Bose Aviation X headset for my pilot headset (when flying single engine aircraft, hearing protection is paramount).

Im not an earbud guy personally. While I am sure they are fantastic, I want to be enveloped into the sound and have the noise canceling do what it does.

I must admit, it was a hard choice between them, but the active noise cancelling actually works quite well in the qc20i, couldn't really notice the difference between the qc15 and 20i. Since I use them EVERYWHERE, the over heads would be to big and bulky for me. Also the earbuds were difficult to get used to, since I've never been a fan of those kinds of earphones, thankfully the small size they had was perfect, there was no reason not to buy the 20i for me.
Also knowing that you travel a lot, the 15 are so much more comfortable, I totally see why you went for them.

Damn you with your QC20s...Tried them today and both GG and I both want them now. :alien:

What makes them better JB? Than the QC15s I mean

We tried them out today and they were amazing. I put them on and couldn't hear Josh talking to me when music was playing, and the same was true when he tried them on. He kept screaming "Come on, stop messing with me." I may have done the move my lips but not talk thing before so he thought I was messing with him again, but I wasn't.

They were also surprisingly comfortable for ear buds. I normally don't care for ear buds because they hurt my ears.

What makes them better JB? Than the QC15s I mean

Im not sure they are better buddy. But different. I hate ear buds. I cannot say it enough, how much I hate them. These you dont even feel in your ear. Then the noise canceling is just as good.

Neither GG or I could hear the other talking right next to them. Here is where they excel.

You can play them without noise canceling.
On red eye flights I struggle sleeping with the big headphones on.
Side Sleeper can sleep with them in and eliminate hotel sound.

Nice. I cannot sleep on planes anyways but I may have to try these out

Nice. I cannot sleep on planes anyways but I may have to try these out

I never could either buddy. However the last couple of red eyes, I have been able to. Outside of that, forget it.

Tried both over the weekend and now I want both. Great! Who needs a new set of irons or a new driver anyway? :confused2:

Damn you with your QC20s...Tried them today and both GG and I both want them now. :alien:

Sorry :(
The earpiece is pretty cool, it's not like other manufacturers, and the different sizes makes it brilliant for everyone.
They're more for everyday use, stick with the 15 if you only use them for travelling IMO, they're a little more comfortable than the 20, especially for long periods of time.

Sorry :(
The earpiece is pretty cool, it's not like other manufacturers, and the different sizes makes it brilliant for everyone.
They're more for everyday use, stick with the 15 if you only use them for travelling IMO, they're a little more comfortable than the 20, especially for long periods of time.

No apologies necessary, they were impressive.
Going today to take a listen again.

We tried them out today and they were amazing. I put them on and couldn't hear Josh talking to me when music was playing, and the same was true when he tried them on. He kept screaming "Come on, stop messing with me." I may have done the move my lips but not talk thing before so he thought I was messing with him again, but I wasn't.

They were also surprisingly comfortable for ear buds. I normally don't care for ear buds because they hurt my ears.

Totally agree with everything you've said, first time I tried them on they were pretty bad, then one of the Bose guys came up to me and offered to try a new qc20 as the demos get pretty bad, the mediums earbuds were very uncomfortable for me (like other earbuds from other manufacturers I've tried ..... And hated), and he changed the earpiece to a small..... It was unreal, I can now enjoy Mozart while my friends can blast their crap music :D

I think he laughed at the faces I was making, the shock and joy of hearing just music :)

Lee loves hers. She had the headphone style for a long time, but like JB said getting comfortable enough to sleep was an issue. This past week she was in London and used earbuds on both Flights and the train and loved the added comfort.

I definitely need to invest in some of these. I travel quite often for work and have just made due with regular headphones. I wonder why I can't catch any shut eye.

yhe4y2ar.jpg

Nice dude! Couldn't resist I see...

We went back today (Bose Store) and both listened. They are really solid. This gives us two options when flying together which is nice.

We went back today (Bose Store) and both listened. They are really solid. This gives us two options when flying together which is nice.

I am glad you guys liked them. I will certainly give them a go, but for a guy who literally has never fallen asleep in an airplane I think I will be just fine with my over the ears.

Back