New Scotty. Delmar vs Golo select

PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Sold my Monterey and getting a new flagstick tomorrow. Went to golf town and rolled a few.

I like last years delmar Cali and the Golo select and the new fastback.

I play on very fast greens with lots of slope.

I have a striaght aight back and straight through stroke. And i also putt left hand low.

The delmar seems to have been custom ordered And not picked as it has a custom shaft band on it which states a heavier swingweight. Feels very nice!

The Golo select is also very nice. Nice shape and seems to set up well.

The new fastback is also very nice. The sound is a little different when the ball comes off the face though.

Any opinions or feedback and what I should be looking for?

I had great success with the GoLo until I started using my db 4 x. Great feeling putter.

I love the Cali Del Mar and putted very well with it the few rounds I have had mine out (I've since been tinkering with a few different Cameron's). I just love the deep milled face and have always liked that style of putter (I used to roll an Odyssey #9 really well). I've never rolled a Fastback, though I have always liked the look of them, but I do agree with you on the Golo Select setting up well. I have a pretty straight back and through putting stroke, and the Del Mar and I seem to get along very well. And it's just a dead sexy putter too, IMO.

As far as opinions or feedback, ultimately you should get what looks good to your eye and feels good in your hands. That will inspire confidence and have you rolling the ball well.

From description of your stroke, straight back and straight through, the general thought is you'd benefit more from a face balanced putter. The Del Mar and the GoLo 3 are heel shafted toe hang putters, better suited for someone with more of an arc putting stroke. The GoLo 5 & 7 and Fastback have a full shaft offset with the bend in the shaft and may not be face balanced, but would at least lean toward slight toe hang and not full toe hang and would work better with a your type of stroke.

But again, the best putter is the one that looks and feels the best to you.

Personally I'd go with the Fastback because it has just the right amount of toe hang I prefer and sets up well to the ball for me. The Del Mar is a very good looking putter as well, but a little too much toe hang for me. So I'd look for what suits you best and what type of toe hang you prefer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went with the Golo select "heavy" version. Really like it fits my stroke well!

Went with the Golo select "heavy" version. Really like it fits my stroke well!

Nice. Keep us updated on how it's working for you.

Great choice! I use the mid-weight (15g) 34" version and I love it. Centre shaft or heel?

Great choice! I use the mid-weight (15g) 34" version and I love it. Centre shaft or heel?

Heel shaft

if I put a iomic grip on it or a superstroke will it throw off the weight and balance much?

Back