THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trending to 10.0 and I believe it will trend upwards for the next couple revisions. Quite a bit unless I put down some good scores asap. Don't really care either way. A few points higher and it'll better reflect where I'm at right now anyway. Home course rounds have me looking better than I am, which is one reason I haven't played there in awhile. Going to keep that up over the next few weeks as well.

Well after playing two bad rounds a week and half ago my handicap got above 17. Well after shooting a nice 92 looks like I am back down to a even 17. Gonna really keep on the short game and get the wedge and putter figured out so I can take some good strokes off the card. Really hoping to seeing a 80's scorecard especially after yesterday and seeing some of the error's I made and knowing I can improve from there. Ill still keep grinding away and especially tonight with my lesson.

With that lesson tonight, I am sure you are going to be on the right path to refining your short game and really saving some strokes coers. Keep it up.

After a couple of decent rounds this weekend, I'm trending down from 15.5 to 14.8.

Every time I follow along with your rounds, it seems like you've got a great 9 paired with a 9 where the wheels just come off - I am sure if you can work to recover after a bad hole, your numbers will plummet nicely Andy. Power through those junk holes, we all have them!

Trending backwards to a 17.5 now after a few bad rounds. I've been working pretty hard on a shorter swing, but the results have not transitioned into my rounds yet. I see glimpes of promise, but consistency is still a work in progress.

Every time I follow along with your rounds, it seems like you've got a great 9 paired with a 9 where the wheels just come off - I am sure if you can work to recover after a bad hole, your numbers will plummet nicely Andy. Power through those junk holes, we all have them!

I actually recovered after the bad holes yesterday, it was the hole after that that would get me. It was like double, par, double, par, triple. Just too many mistakes on my part.

Once I start finding fairways again, I'll be dropping my number. Holding steady in the low 17s.

Your also doing some great sand shots. I was amazed with the first hole thinking you were going to fly past it, but with a great swing you haad some awesome backspin. You Da Man!!!
Thanks guys, it really just comes down to short game for me. I am never going to be a long hitter, but if I am chipping and putting well then I can usually turn in a decent score.

With that lesson tonight, I am sure you are going to be on the right path to refining your short game and really saving some strokes coers. Keep it up.
Yes sir, that lesson tonight, I am going to tell him what issues I have and what my goal is now. And defiantly need all the short game help I can. Putting especially, so I am not missing those putts by and inch or two. UUGGGHHH ticks me off when I had some nice shots into the green for a birdie putt and miss it by that much. But yep keeping my ears open and ready to cut those strokes off.

Well after playing two bad rounds a week and half ago my handicap got above 17. Well after shooting a nice 92 looks like I am back down to a even 17. Gonna really keep on the short game and get the wedge and putter figured out so I can take some good strokes off the card. Really hoping to seeing a 80's scorecard especially after yesterday and seeing some of the error's I made and knowing I can improve from there. Ill still keep grinding away and especially tonight with my lesson.

I easily save a couple strokes a round when my short game is working. Put in the time on that practice green and lessons and you will be shocked when those rounds in the 80s start pouring in!

After a pretty solid weekend of golf I'm trending back down to 6.2 from the 6.9 I jumped up to. My next score to come off the 20 will be a 91 from last year so I'm hoping if I can put together a pretty solid round to knock it off I'll be under a 6 I hope!

4 rounds in the last week have me trending up slightly from a 10.7 to an 11.1.

I just need to work on my consistency, it seems for a few holes I am playing great, then something happens off the tee or on an approach that leaves me in a tough spot and I give a stroke or two back. I am still really happy with where my game is going and these last two months will be working on refining my game to peak in July.

After a couple of decent rounds this weekend, I'm trending down from 15.5 to 14.8.

Nice shooting guys! Keep those caps headed down!

After breaking 100 for the first time, OOB has me going from a 33.7 to 32.8. Now that I broke 100, my next objective to get below a 30 HDCP.

Congrats! Keep it up!

Well after throwing in my scores from the last couple of rounds, the online tracker I use is showing my handicap has dropped from 14 to 13.6

I am going to check with my home course to see if they accept scores from other courses, but regardless of that outcome, I will still be entering all of my scores into the online tracker. Most of my rounds will be played at my home course, so in theory the 2 figures shouldn't vary by much

After breaking 100 for the first time, OOB has me going from a 33.7 to 32.8. Now that I broke 100, my next objective to get below a 30 HDCP.

Keep it up boss. This was me last year. Every now and then I drift to the low 100s but you will now be consistently under 100. Now I hover around 95. Next goal under 90.

Great round Tuesday evening has me down to 8.0. I don't know how.

Great round Tuesday evening has me down to 8.0. I don't know how.

You're tearing it up right now man, well done.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

After a great round today, I'm trending down from 15.5-14.1! I'm not sure how we are doing the bonus round tomorrow in Indy, so I may have 1 more score to turn in before the next revision.

Make sure to bring that 14.1 handicap to indy from illinois and not bring that 15.5. Great to see your numbers going down man. I got washed out with a nice down pour yesterday so no score for me to put in.
After a great round today, I'm trending down from 15.5-14.1! I'm not sure how we are doing the bonus round tomorrow in Indy, so I may have 1 more score to turn in before the next revision.

After yesterday's round, now trending down to 18.4. Now I just need to forget about it and hammer out a few more good rounds. #SwingEasy

You got this dude.

Glad to see you fellas trending downward, thats solid!

After yesterday's round, now trending down to 18.4. Now I just need to forget about it and hammer out a few more good rounds. #SwingEasy

You've dropped 3 strokes already. Like I told you the other night, keep shooting those scores and you'll bounce the ugly ones out and probably be at a 16 when you get to SC. So proud of you, man. I know how hard you've been working on your game and it's great to see that you're getting tangible results.

Great Job man, Keep it up. Before you know it youll have it where you want it and youll be down in SC playing some golf with Me and 39 others.

I'm going up to probably a 13.4 from a 12.5. I think I need new spikes, or something like that....

Going to be interesting to see my first US Handicap is with only 2014 scores in it. I did find a way to get some of my 2013 scores that I should plug in to make more accurate but I am curious to see how big a number it spits out with the scores during my swing change.

Man, I'm headed in the wrong direction. I'm already lookin at losing a half of a shot as we stand and my next 2 rounds bump off consecutive 77s so I'm looking at a big drop. Hoping my game comes together soon. I feel like all the individual parts have improved but the whole has not. Just gotta keep plugging away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back