Contest - The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Join Team JRod

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have read over the last few weeks, THP has a full schedule of close to 15 events coming in 2014. One of those events is a unique team competition known as The Gauntlet. To read about the entire 2014 THP Events Calendar, click here.

golf_masthead.jpg

Do you have what it takes to run the Gauntlet?

When & Where
September 6th-7th, 2014
Hilton Head Island, SC
Palmetto Dunes Golf Club - All Three Courses - Robert Trent Jones, George Fazio & Arthur Hills

Format
This event is a team event with six teams of four.
Each team is captained by a member of #ZooCrew from Callaway Golf. You can meet each of these captains here.

You can read about the entire event including costs and more right here.

Contest #6
With 6 captains in the event and each team needing 3 THPers there will be lots of chances to join in on one of the most exciting and enjoyable events THP has ever hosted. Each contest will be your gateway into joining one of the captains from Callaway Golf through unique and creative entries.

Contest #6 is the final contest for entry and we call this one Caliente Engaged. Callaway JRod has a rival internally and that is a fellow captain in #TheGauntlet and member of the Zoo Crew, Scotty G. Your job will be to tell Jrod how you will dismantle team Goryl at #TheGauntlet. There is a catch however, you have to fit it in a message on twitter, while also including @JohnnyRodCG @HackersParadise & #TheGauntlet. No pictures or videos please. Only words!

You will then copy that Tweet and paste it in this thread.

Two Steps To Success
Figure out your dismantling tactics
Tweet message to @JohnnyRodCG @HackersParadise & include #TheGauntlet
Copy Tweet and paste in this thread.

Three participants will be chosen from this contest and will become members of Team JRod and start preparing to run the Gauntlet. Do you dare attempt the challenge?

Meet Captain JRod

Entries must be submitted by Sunday June 1st, at 11:59pm EST to qualify.
Please make sure you read all the info and details about the event in the links above.

You can make as many tweets as you would like on Twitter. The only official entry is the 1st one you post in this thread.
Can you survive the Gauntlet?

The Godfather had the kiss of death...

... the Rodfather has the hug of death.

[video=youtube;OM1Ng0DZg-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM1Ng0DZg-g[/video]

Good luck to all who enter. Have a feeling the JRod vs. ScottyG back and forth will be good.

Nice! The final contest is here already. Good luck everyone.

Not an entry, just showing some love:

Good luck to all!

Good luck everyone!!

Another amazing opportunity, good luck to all those that enter!

The 5 losing captains have one thing in common.

No milehighgolfer on their team!

JohnnyRod+MHG=Total dominance at #TheGauntlet.

Its not golf. Its war.

Please join me for the BEST BEAT DOWN in ZOOCREW HISTORY!

Jason - Really who would want to listen to his laugh....(That alone would cause many to fail the Gauntlet)
Greg - The DOOR-KNOCKER - Watch your head when playing with him
Ethan - Need I say more?
Rhiona - Ok this is a good team to be on....but GOOD LUCK listening to Taylor Swift for 54 freakin holes (ahhhh-yaaaaa-yaaaaeeeee)
Scotty G - This my friends IS WAR!!!!!! THERE WILL BE BASEBALL BATS AND BLOOD INVOLVED!.....YES I USED ALL CAPS AND BOLD ON THIS!!!!!!

JRod going bold on us.

Let's do this, JRod.

(I'm so sorry, ScottG...)

JRod with a little zoocrew on zoocrew smack talk to kick things off...nice!

Haha good stuff. Good luck to all who enter!

Please join me for the BEST BEAT DOWN in ZOOCREW HISTORY!

Jason - Really who would want to listen to his laugh....(That alone would cause many to fail the Gauntlet)
Greg - The DOOR-KNOCKER - Watch your head when playing with him
Ethan - Need I say more?
Rhiona - Ok this is a good team to be on....but GOOD LUCK listening to Taylor Swift for 54 freakin holes (ahhhh-yaaaaa-yaaaaeeeee)
Scotty G - This my friends IS WAR!!!!!! THERE WILL BE BASEBALL BATS AND BLOOD INVOLVED!.....YES I USED ALL CAPS AND BOLD ON THIS!!!!!!

This attempt at taunting is cute, JRod. But I'm really proud of you for spelling everything correctly. That's terrific.
YOU SUCK.

I love seeing another team picked! Good luck all and you better bring it!

JRod droppin' bombs on Day 1. Working my entry as we speak.

I love seeing the Scotty G vs JRod battle spill into the thread. The Gauntlet is going to be special!!!

This attempt at taunting is cute, JRod. But I'm really proud of you for spelling everything correctly. That's terrific.
YOU SUCK.

He said "YOU SUCK" :laughing:

Oh man this made for TV rivalry is going to be fun to watch play out. :bicker:

The 5 losing captains have one thing in common.

No milehighgolfer on their team!

Technically, not entirely true :p

I have a feeling that this contest is gonna be particularly good. Let's see some verbal magic!

After meeting these guys it's absolutely killing me I can't participate in this one. Having the captains so involved is going to make it even more awesome.

Even the greatest captains (JROD in this case) needs their star player...and to be honest, there isn't a brighter star out there than me! I'm not new to the carrying players on my back type of game...I was born for this.

Back