Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
For today it was my approach into #18, I tried to overswing (never a good idea) driver on the final hole and blocked it way right making the hole much longer (was over on #1 fairway!). with 219 into the flag I pulled the Mashie 3 Hybrid and hit it just in front of the green to roll up 10 feet left hole high. Converted the bird!

For today it was my approach into #18, I tried to overswing (never a good idea) driver on the final hole and blocked it way right making the hole much longer (was over on #1 fairway!). with 219 into the flag I pulled the Mashie 3 Hybrid and hit it just in front of the green to roll up 10 feet left hole high. Converted the bird!

Awesome. I love the feeling of converting a long shot.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

photo33_zpsa45e50c1.jpg

First hole from 111 in the fairway. Hit AW.

Jarred a 34 yd pitch on #10 after a 270 yd drive for a deuce!! Second eagle on that hole in a week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit multiple wedges from 75-125 yards to within 10' today...sure makes golf easier.

This was from a couple of days ago, but its too good not to post. Tee shot on a par 4, about 360 yards. There's a tree blocking the direct line to the hole on the left side of the fairway, and you can't just hit a 3 wood straight right of it without going through the fairway. So I figure I'll just set up to get more height on it. Well, I had enough height, but the beauty was that I started the ball right and drew it about 35 yards such that when it landed, it was heading straight down the fairway. Landed right at my aim point, just took a "surprise" curve route to get there. I love when I hit perfect draws. Landed right by the 100 yard marker, ended up with good look at birdie but made an easy par.

~Rock

Played a new to me course, a harder course than my home course, was a lot of fun.

This was the Par 3 13th, from the back tee's it was lasered 171 to the pin, hit a full 8i tight, made me smile as it was coming off of a double bogey hole.

From the green looking back:
photo17_zps91b2aaaf.jpg

Shot finish:
photo28_zps07dd8dec.jpg

And yes, the greens were struggling. Harder course than my home course, but my home courses greens kick these asses.

I hit a 190 yd approach out of thick rough on Saturday with my 4-iron that left me about 7-8 ft past the pin for birdie which I nailed. Made up for the horrible front 9 that day.

275 yard beauty of a drive.

PW from 135...last hole. Stuck it 4 feet from the pin. Actually got a little lucky. I hit about 10 feet past and it rolled back.

There was about 10 guys conversing above the hole in the parking lot that all hollered when it hit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Drained a 35 footer for birdie....felt good man

Drop kicked a drive on a long par five. I didnt even make it to the fairway. Then absolutely nutted a 3 wood right to the 150 stick in the middle of the fairway. GPSd that shot at 267. 8i from there to 8 feet. 2 putt par. Not happy with the missed birdie but very happy with the recovery from the bad drive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I had 2 medium/long length putts for par tonight. 1st hole was center cup and the 8th hole died in the side thanks to the slope of the green.

Hit a 9i from 135 or so to within a foot today. Nothing better than the feeling of walking up to the green on those types of shots.

146 up hill to left flag with a into from the right wind held up a 8 iron one bounce spun back in the hole!!! Eagle 2 and I thank you!!!

Hit a drive today that leaked right under/next to a pine tree. Semi-punched a 3 iron from there (170 yards) to keep it low under the branches and wound up 6 feet from the cup. Missed the birdie putt, but made par.

After missing the fairway on the second hole and ending up on the first hole fairway across the pond that splits the two holes, I had a 220 yard shot over the pond and a bunker to a center pin. Rather than go at it, I wanted to avoid the bunker if I had a mishit I, I played a 3w with a slight fade to the front of the green. Finished with a bogey anyway but it was a perfectly placed shot given my situation.

Huge sand save for me short sided in a pot bunker. My sand save % this year is internet golfer worthy right now and it makes me very happy.

Best Shot Of Your Round

Par 3 15th hole. Island green. 151 yards to the flag

9 iron to 10'

I guess it would be a 6i on a 178 yard par 3 to about 10 feet past the pin. It was a nicely struck ball that had the perfect baby draw to navigate a front guarding bunker. I thought it might roll in for the ace (of course I left the birdie putt one roll short).

145 par 3, uphill and a raised bunker in front making the green blind:

jaze5ejy.jpg

Hit 8i nice and high to here:

zy6evu2y.jpg

About 6 feet.

I play this course once a year and always suck on this hole. I was glad to get it right this time.

Taps away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back