Indianapolis - 2014 THP Invitational #3 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

You and your 'van of merry men' better stop on the way down.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I've already located all the Chipolte's along our route

Pro Tip for the newcomers to a THP event from a guy who's been to a few;

1 - It is not a clique, but rather a group of guys who actively chat with each other on an internet site, some of whom may have already met in the past. Don't ever feel like you can't come up, introduce yourself, and be a big part of that - If you see me, say hello, as I definitely want to meet everyone.

2 - On course, don't expect to be something you're not. Outing Approved jokes are fun, but they aren't a requirement to meet. We all take competition differently, and between nerves, a tough fort course, and the competition aspect, you may struggle. We're a site full of hackers from all skill levels, so just have fun - I'm there for the friendships, and I hope you are as well.

3 - Don't hug JB. Just stick out that fist, let him give you that fist bump, and always have a three person buffer between him and any starter. For some reason, they really like him.

4 - If Mike Dean is off the green and isn't carrying a wedge, say awkward and unreasonable things to him... Then promptly look away until you know he's on the green. You're welcome in advance.

5 - Take notes. It's a lot easier to try to explain to your loved ones why you're grinning upon return when you can blurt out more than "I like my internet friends"

qajypy9u.jpg

40 tee shots into this green...

How many GIR's will we have?

If the number was 9.5 will you take the over or under?

I am taking over with 10
#IHaveFaith

From the Blues a 2-iron...from the whites a 5-iron.

Do we get bag tags?! I'm going to need them to slyly remember names.... :)

Do we get bag tags?! I'm going to need them to slyly remember names.... :)

Just bring name tags and a sharpie and ask people to write their name...we do it all the Time:)

Same here man same here. We have one down the street from the office for some reason I have never gone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Drop everything.... Go now! Burrito Bowl with everything :)

Good stuff Dan!

As Dan has said, I will echo a few things that have really helped me.

As you are on the first tee spectating and worrying about your upcoming tee shot, worry not! as you will see some amazing golfers hit some amazingly bad tee shots.

I am in the second group, if you're worried about distance, you have the opportunity to hear JB ask me it I just used a 7 Iron, when my ball rockets 180 yards out (hopefully).

Please,Please come say hello to me, introduce yourself (O'Carroll you too), I will forget your name, and may ask you a couple times what it is, I will eventually get it.
Meeting people from here and sharing a few laughs is one of the many things I love about the events.

Please remember that while there are some fantastic prizes, and a ticket punched to the Bear Trap, Everyone came to have fun (even me), so cut loose and have a great time.

Thank the staff at the course

And last but not least try and be polite and laugh at my jokes (or just turn away and pretend you didn't hear me)

Is it just me or is there really a place called chipoLTe? :alien:

Back on topic...
This will be my second THP event and it will be more amazing than the first! (The first one in Dallas was pretty freakin amazing)

Is it just me or is there really a place called chipoLTe? :alien:

We're internet golfers, not English majors. :bulgy-eyes:

I was worried about my first tee shot but now Im more worried about being #outingapproved....lol i kid of course

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My first tee shot was easy at LIITA.... I just hit it waaaay left like everyone else. I think it really brought us together... Haha. :p

I was worried about my first tee shot but now Im more worried about being #outingapproved....lol i kid of course

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i aint scared of no tee shot....anyone standing to the right of me should be tho.

Got quiet...
Everyone must be off to Chipotle!

I think I could have a fried egg on a burger, maybe. But I see some having a sunny side up egg that breaks and gets all runny over the burger, and I weep for the ruination of a good burger.

What's the point of having an egg on your burger if your not going to have it runny?

Just bring name tags and a sharpie and ask people to write their name...we do it all the Time:)

This was needed at The Legacy outing. There were so many that I wanted to meet but didn't there.

Back