Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a betting man, if there was an iWatch coming, it will look more like this.

iwatch-fuelband-design-1.png

curved glass, IDK about that.

No and no. I was looking more for a watch, with the options of using a chest strap.

I have a chest strap and just use a phone app since my phone is with my all the time, works pretty well.

I will say that in a different environment I don't know If I would want to post my routes to social media like this app is capable of doing.

No and no. I was looking more for a watch, with the options of using a chest strap.

Well, I have a Nike+ SportWatch that has GPS for running. It didn't come with a chest strap, so I can't help there, but if you'd like to try/have the watch, you're welcome to it.

It works better with nike shoes (as it has the little running thing) but the GPS should track regardless and show things like pace, and your heart rate if you pick up a chest strap.

Thanks! This is one I have been strongly considering. It keeps popping up in every search I have done.

She's a marathon gal. She told me she had a Nike one, but found it more difficult to use. No complaints on the Garmin.

Well, I have a Nike+ SportWatch that has GPS for running. It didn't come with a chest strap, so I can't help there, but if you'd like to try/have the watch, you're welcome to it.

It works better with nike shoes (as it has the little running thing) but the GPS should track regardless and show things like pace, and your heart rate if you pick up a chest strap.

Now I know why I didn't consider it, haha, it's out of my budget. I have a watch that has the GPS, but doesn't do heart rate, so in theory I could just get a cheap heart rate monitor, but would prefer to have 1 device do it all.

I am definitely no marathon runner, heck I can't even run a mile without stopping, but I am working on it.

C25K, you'll be there soon.

If I was a betting man, if there was an iWatch coming, it will look more like this.

iwatch-fuelband-design-1.png

That would make sense, since its a Samsung. :D

That would make sense, since its a Samsung. :D

Well, it would be nice for Samsung to be the creator of something at some point :)

Speaking of Android JB, you have any thoughts on the LG G3 they announced yesterday?

Speaking of Android JB, you have any thoughts on the LG G3 they announced yesterday?

None at all actually. Looks like a solid device. GG's G2 is freaking awesome. 2-3 days of battery life, incredible camera and one that is easier to use than anything I have used before. Have not even looked at the G3 as of yet, other than the specs.

None at all actually. Looks like a solid device. GG's G2 is freaking awesome. 2-3 days of battery life, incredible camera and one that is easier to use than anything I have used before. Have not even looked at the G3 as of yet, other than the specs.

If I'm excited about an Android phone, it's solid. And I am very interested in it. Apple better have something amazing next Monday because this super fan is starting to get tired.

Trying to decide whether to go the S4 or S5 route. $150 more for the S5 and it doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade over the 4.

Electronics Pondering

If I'm excited about an Android phone, it's solid. And I am very interested in it. Apple better have something amazing next Monday because this super fan is starting to get tired.

I doubt we will hear much about a new phone next week...iOS 8 yes, but not the iPhone 6 it seems.

Here's to hoping tho!

I am also getting tired of the fruit.

I doubt we will hear much about a new phone next week...iOS 8 yes, but not the iPhone 6 it seems.

Here's to hoping tho!

I am also getting tired of the fruit.

The hardware is not important to me, the OS and user interface is. Apple will discuss new features and the hardware will simply support the changes.

I heard they were moving the headphone jack back to the top j/k

I am finally moving on, will be getting the Note 4 in Sept.

I heard they were moving the headphone jack back to the top j/k

I am finally moving on, will be getting the Note 4 in Sept.

I have a feeling once you have the Note, it will be hard to go back to anything smaller.

The hardware is not important to me, the OS and user interface is. Apple will discuss new features and the hardware will simply support the changes.

Then you are probably going to leave apple because I don't see any major changes coming with iOS 8 unfortunately.

Trying to decide whether to go the S4 or S5 route. $150 more for the S5 and it doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade over the 4.

that's a big jump, coming from the iPhone....
heck, this would be an improvement:

06099.jpg

Then you are probably going to leave apple because I don't see any major changes coming with iOS 8 unfortunately.

I do. Apple isn't stupid and they see what is going on in the market. Their sales are reflecting stagnating adoption in the premium sector with the iPhone. They have the loyal users who keep upgrading. They need to start pulling Android users back into the ecosystem. If there aren't drastic changes I would be highly shocked, since Johnny Ive has had a full year now to put his touch on a UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back