Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

So it really comes down to that it doesn't matter if you are a low or high handicap, you need to be on your game to score well in this format. Kind of cool and it adds to the pressure of playing your best.

So it really comes down to that it doesn't matter if you are a low or high handicap, you need to be on your game to score well in this format. Kind of cool and it adds to the pressure of playing your best.

Birdies will be the key to scoring well. It should lead to some aggressive play because a blow-up hole for one player will not kill you. A blow-up hole for both partners could spell disaster. It will take a little strategy and some great shots to win the irons.

Is there a description of the Vegas format in here? Just curious what it is. It's possible I saw it and totally forgot...

Is there a description of the Vegas format in here? Just curious what it is. It's possible I saw it and totally forgot...

LAS VEGAS: Las Vegas is a fun game that really rewards birdies and at the same time can softenen the blow of a weaker player's score. Played in teams of two, the players scores are paired rather than combined in order to determine a team score. So if one teammate scores a six on the hole and the other teammate scores a four, the team score is a 46 (lowest score is always posted as the front number). If the other team scores a pair of fives, their score would be 55. The differential is calculated (55 - 46 = 9) and points are tracked throughout the round in order to determine the winning team; or points can have a monetary value (5 or 10 cents each for example) in which to pay out bets on.

Wow that's interesting! I kinda really wanna try that sometime.

Why not at this event?

Would if I could man. I know there's a running Chicagoan joke :D but I really can't make it. 5 year anniversary is that weekend, and funds are pretty lacking after my wife had to leave her job.

Would if I could man. I know there's a running Chicagoan joke :D but I really can't make it. 5 year anniversary is that weekend, and funds are pretty lacking after my wife had to leave her job.

Completely understandable and yes there is a joke about Chicago and much of IL.
Not sure why that is considering the awesome events that are right in their backyard, but nobody wants to attend them.
Oh well, plenty of people will travel to them, but makes us think about where we hold them in the future.

Well I hope to not be on that joke list some day...

Well I sure do hope you have events right in my backyard. I've enjoyed them so far!

Completely understandable and yes there is a joke about Chicago and much of IL.
Not sure why that is considering the awesome events that are right in their backyard, but nobody wants to attend them.
Oh well, plenty of people will travel to them, but makes us think about where we hold them in the future.

Well I sure do hope you have events right in my backyard. I've enjoyed them so far!

Hopefully more in your area partake.
Have had multiple events there and never really filled them up, despite having TONS of members from the area.
I mean check out the IL/Chicago thread. I have posted about 10 times about events in the area and every time my posts just get ignored.
I got the hint.

Have had multiple events there and never really filled them up, despite having TONS of members from the area.
I mean check out the IL/Chicago thread. I have posted about 10 times about events in the area and every time my posts just get ignored.
I got the hint.

Well I think Rambler and I are trying to maintain somewhat of a good influence :) I forgot about Captain Caution too!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I got the hint.

It really is a shame. Even acknowledgement of these local-ish events would go a long way.

I got the hint.

Well I think Rambler and I are trying to maintain somewhat of a good influence :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It really is a shame. Even acknowledgement of these local-ish events would go a long way.

Got 4 right here! I'll be there in dhartmann's backyard if it's there too. :D

well it's about 9 1/2 days and counting, I'm just a wee bit fired up about this.

Full set of Cobra Bio Cell irons and Full set of Nike Covert 2.0 irons are up for grabs at this.

Full set of Cobra Bio Cell irons and Full set of Nike Covert 2.0 irons are up for grabs at this.

Wow, those are 2 pretty sweet sets of irons. Figure I shoot the round of my life I have a chance.

Sweet prizes for sure.

I am a huge fan of both of these sets. I will try to make sure they arrive safely and not wear out the sweet spot before the event. :angel:

I am a huge fan of both of these sets. I will try to make sure they arrive safely and not wear out the sweet spot before the event. :angel:

And one set is brand new (outside of the 7 iron) and the other has been used for 2 rounds total.

Hell of a prize for an unofficial event

Awesome prizes!

Tappin pars

Very nice set of prizes. Thanks for
offering these up for the winners. 9 days away fellas!

Back