I have always wondered about these classes.

Buck, you already read greens very well

Yeah but I still don't play enough break sometimes so if this helps even a little bit and I shave a stroke or 2 off that to me would be well worth the cost. The whole putt to the apex and how that's false is something I've seen more over this year when I miss putts always need a little more break. If I can start seeing patterns better by using this and applying it I think it will help me even more.

Yeah but I still don't play enough break sometimes so if this helps even a little bit and I shave a stroke or 2 off that to me would be well worth the cost. The whole putt to the apex and how that's false is something I've seen more over this year when I miss putts always need a little more break. If I can start seeing patterns better by using this and applying it I think it will help me even more.

Most pros would agree, they say the average amateur doesn't play near enough break

Found a local guy who I'm gonna get a private lesson from on mid and the express. Pretty excited

So i took both classes last week the Express and the Mid Class.... i gotta be honest it was a lot to take in at once. I am glad i was able to do it one on one as well. We were able to fly through some of the stuff because of my current knowledge on putting and reading greens and work on a lot of the stuff that i felt aren't as easy to figure out. I know some people think this is BS and to confusing or it takes to long. but i really tried to go into it with an open mind. Last year i did that with SPI instruction and also incorporated some things i read in a few books written by different perspectives on putting and on the mental side of putting and i kinda mixed it all together and i have been putting better than i ever have before. But i always strive to become better and if i can learn anything that could improve my putting by a stroke or 2 a round it would be well worth the money. And for me learning what i did in my Aim Point Lesson alone was worth the cost although a bit pricey. Even the stuff we talked about that didn't really have to do with Aimpoint just about putting in general and reading greens. Anyway my initial thoughts after was that it was complicated and to time consuming. One of the things my instructor was pushing was to try to speed up the process mainly so aimpoint doesn't get the stigma that it does take a long time and slows down the game. And i think the Express really does simplify the process and could be done fairly quickly. The Mid which is what i really was interested in taking cause the golf nerd in me just was so curious about it will take some time to be able to get the system down and feel comfortable enough with it to do it quickly. There are a lot of things that you have to gauge and gauge correctly. Thats the one big downfall if you gauge say the stimp wrong or one of the other factors that you need you will give yourself the wrong aimpoint and will miss the putt. BUT i do believe 100% that this works if you gauge all the things correctly you will make some putts. I like to die my putts into the hole and my distance control is pretty good. i think this makes the aimpoint philosophy a little easier for me to see results with. with talking about the capture speed with my aimpoint instructor he felt like i was really good with that and he also said i was very good at starting my ball on the correct like that i picked. everytime i made a putt we had a tee down on my aimpoint and he would putt a tee down where the ball started it was always within an inch of the aimpoint tee. which made me feel good at least i was starting the ball where i wanted it to be and if this system really works i knew i would be making some putts.

Another slight downfall that i think could occur is this system reminds of of the Pelz system a little bit. like i said you have to gauge several factors so i feel like with my pelz swing you have to practice it a lot and get very proficient at gauging the factors just like with the pelz swing you need to gauge how far back you are taking the club back to make each swing. I have been working on getting better at gauging things by practicing and i have tried it on the course when i went out late in the day by myself until i caught up with another golfer who finished the round with me. i wouldn't want to slow anyone else down until i got a little bit better at it and it was a quicker process. I am interested to see how i incorporate this into my preshot routine and if i fully accept it and use it on all my putts.... i already have thought about using the express process on putts outside of 20' since i would be "OK" with just getting them close and having a tap in and speeding up my routine and using the mid on anything inside of 20' since i feel like i can make those putts and i want to make those.

It was interesting to see how the apex of a putt isnt even close to where you should be aiming i know a lot of people talk about that and i know i do it as well because i have good speed but i'm missing my putts on the low side of the hole. i do think even if i did use this more even while practicing i would have a better gauge on where i should be aiming. I know i've already seen an improvement on gauging distance something that i haven't really been good at and never was really important to me and i'm working on understanding and gauging stimp as well. All in All i learned a whole lot and i feel like i got my moneys worth just with the knowledge i gained. I have also had more than a few AHA moments over the last week when something that i kinda wasn't sure about clicked or just by using it i realized something. I also have been able to text the instructor and ask a few questions. I will be trying to use this and practice it a lot this season since i'm not playing in any big events and working on a few other things with my full swing but i'm still on the fence if i'll use it religiously or like most things with putting using what feels right and dumping the rest like i have done in the past. Should be a fun summer of experimenting with it to see just how good i can get and see if i can get some more putts to drop!

You'll have to explain to me the express version one day, especially if it's something similar to the midpoint method

You'll have to explain to me the express version one day, especially if it's something similar to the midpoint method

its a little different and what Adam Scott is currently using when he does his finger thing on the green. I heard hes a pretty good golfer but i'm not sure lol i was kinda surprised it seems like a Guessing game and like it wouldn't be accurate but we did a few mid point reads and then put a tee down and used the express and the aimpoint was the same exact place so i'm assuming it works pretty well. was kinda cool to see that come together.

its a little different and what Adam Scott is currently using when he does his finger thing on the green. I heard hes a pretty good golfer but i'm not sure lol i was kinda surprised it seems like a Guessing game and like it wouldn't be accurate but we did a few mid point reads and then put a tee down and used the express and the aimpoint was the same exact place so i'm assuming it works pretty well. was kinda cool to see that come together.

Saw this being used over the weekend, the Express version. Do you still use it, or practice the methods you learned, Buck? The DVD for the Express is $79, and I don't know if that's worth it or not. I'm debating on it. I'm a decent putter, but if the Express method helps read greens better, then I'm at least interested.

I took the express about 4 months ago ... very well worth the investment for me. I went from not a clue when on a green, to easily getting in the circle of friendship on longer putts ... and nailing shorter putts.

A very satisfied customer here.

I still think it would be cool to go through the process of learning it all!
C7sNRz5WkAIFIYO.jpg

Back