DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to give Meadowbrook another go? Besides there and PV I just haven't played enough towards FW to know what's good and bad. I have no issues driving more your way FYI.

I don't mind MB. I was trying to think of something north of you. What's the name of that course north if Texas motor speedway. I'm drawing a blank. We played there last year. Had a good time out there too.
But to be honest, I really don't mind where we play. I just want/need to get out and play.

I don't mind MB. I was trying to think of something north of you. What's the name of that course north if Texas motor speedway. I'm drawing a blank. We played there last year. Had a good time out there too.
But to be honest, I really don't mind where we play. I just want/need to get out and play.

you come to somewhere near texas motor speedway and I'd love to join. that's only about 30 minutes for me. I can't Sunday but i do like the idea of playing there soon.

Let's take a look but for a fallback plan I've booked MB for 6:45 for a 4-some.

Let's take a look but for a fallback plan I've booked MB for 6:45 for a 4-some.

I'm good with MB. But I would like to start getting out to other courses. They should all be coming around nicely after getting punched the last few weeks.

Eddie: that's golf club at champions circle. Unsure if they are on golfnow, etc but weekend rate until 2pm is $69.

Eddie: that's golf club at champions circle. Unsure if they are on golfnow, etc but weekend rate until 2pm is $69.

Definitely not talking about Champions circle. Robson Ranch. Just forgot what the name was.

Definitely not talking about Champions circle. Robson Ranch. Just forgot what the name was.

Gotcha, that was one of our Ideal trips, I liked that place also. I thought you were talking across street from race track. I haven't played there since they opened and Greg Normans name was all over it.

Gotcha, that was one of our Ideal trips, I liked that place also. I thought you were talking across street from race track. I haven't played there since they opened and Greg Normans name was all over it.

They changed Champion circle up quite a bit, from when it opened. I will tell yoy that I don't think its with the money. $40, maybe.

Listed on GN as "wildhorse at Robson ranch". Weekend early times at $59. Not too bad.

Listed on GN as "wildhorse at Robson ranch". Weekend early times at $59. Not too bad.

Not a great price. But definitely a better course IMO.

I'm good with MB at 6.45 on Sunday...it'll be light enough by then to see. As poorly as I have always played #1 out there, I'll need all the light I can get.

Sunday, 6/1
Meadowbrook
6:45 AM

1) #Cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) Stevie-a
4)

Just finished at Grand Oaks, course is in pretty fair condition but the greens are the worst ive played all year. Only about 40% grass on them.

Last edited:
Lots of courses in DFW are struggling. Here at oakmont we have 3 greens that are just now starting to look decent. They even had to put sod on a few. Crazy winter wreaked havoc

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Even with the the rains from the past week? So will it have to be shipped in? Still don't know why we don't start taking it from the ocean and begin making puring factories that clean it. Other than the $$$$ side of it of course.

Yeah, Wichita Falls is strange. The big fronts have a tendency to split around us and converge on the other side. afwcardinal, it's like putting through a plinko machine on base, which is my home course until they close it on Sunday. I think they truck water to River Creek and the Country Club out here, the muni gets the base's grey water. It's weird though, you take a divot and just cut through dry dirt. Something needs to happen soon. If not, I'm going to be asking you guys for open tee times and making long trips quite often. Fort Sill's course is beautiful for an army base, hell it's beautiful compared to a lot of courses, so if you guys want to play it, let me know. That's the closest military golf course to Sheppard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Wichita Falls is strange. The big fronts have a tendency to split around us and converge on the other side. afwcardinal, it's like putting through a plinko machine on base, which is my home course until they close it on Sunday. I think they truck water to River Creek and the Country Club out here, the muni gets the base's grey water. It's weird though, you take a divot and just cut through dry dirt. Something needs to happen soon. If not, I'm going to be asking you guys for open tee times and making long trips quite often. Fort Sill's course is beautiful for an army base, hell it's beautiful compared to a lot of courses, so if you guys want to play it, let me know. That's the closest military golf course to Sheppard.

I know it's a couple hours, but any time you want to drive to Corinth I got your guest fee covered. you buy the first round of beers though ;)

I know it's a couple hours, but any time you want to drive to Corinth I got your guest fee covered. you buy the first round of beers though ;)

Jacob, I think baldguy just gave you a welcome to the a nice course. And any time you want to head this way, I think we can hook you up with some good golf.

I'm good with MB at 6.45 on Sunday...it'll be light enough by then to see. As poorly as I have always played #1 out there, I'll need all the light I can get.

Aim right. Then, hit 2nd shot down the hill. Hit 3rd shot over creek.

Eazy peezy lemon squeezy.

Aim right. Then, hit 2nd shot down the hill. Hit 3rd shot over creek.

Eazy peezy lemon squeezy.

Assuming you find the first shot! I have hit quite a few straight down the center on that hole and never found them

Assuming you find the first shot! I have hit quite a few straight down the center on that hole and never found them
Its because you hit your drives 400yds and they go in the creek. :alien:

Oh yea, you saw them last night carrying the back of the range at leonards!

#internetgolfer

Last time I was out there, they we're doing a better job of mowing the right rough. That used to kill pace of play.

From the women's tee, it's only 300 to the water. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back