TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is is. Can't thank the guys at Cool Clubs for helping me get dialed in.

Driver
Loft: 12*
Length: Standard -.5” (45”)
Lie: Standard
Shaft Choice: Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6
Shaft Flex: X (Extra Stiff)
Grip Selection: GP New Decade White/Platinum
Dexterity: RH

Fairway Wood(s)

Head Selection: SLDR S 3 Wood
Loft: 15*
Length: -.5” (43”)
Shaft Choice: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7
Shaft Flex: Stiff

Head Selection: SLDR S 5 Wood
Loft: 19*
Length: -.25” (42”)
Shaft Choice: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7

Rescue
Head Selection: SLDR S 4 Hybrid
Loft: 22*
Length: -.25” (40”)
Shaft Choice: Fujikura Speeder 95HB

Irons
Set Makeup: 5-AW
Length: Standard
Lie: 2* Flat
Shaft Choice: KBS C-Taper Parallel

NOTE:
Please adjust loft on 9 Iron from 41* to 42*
Please adjust loft on AW from 51* to 50*

Wedges
Loft: 54*
Bounce: New ATV

Loft: 58*
Bounce: New ATV

Putter
Putter Selection: Ghost Spider Si
Length: 35”
Grip: Spider Blade/Mallet

Golf Balls
Ball Selection: Tour Preferred X

Looks like a sweet setup.

What's the reasoning on changing the lofts of the 9 Iron and aw?

Looks like a sweet setup.

What's the reasoning on changing the lofts of the 9 Iron and aw?

Maintain a 4* gap from 5 iron all the way to the 58* wedge. Its a mental thing.

Sounds like a great set up

Looks good fupresti!! Gave me some ideas too :)

I know you like the AD-DI, but the AD-MT in that head is phenomenal.

How would you compare them?

MT slightly lower on spin? I'm not sure I can get to hit the MT...

How would you compare them?

MT slightly lower on spin? I'm not sure I can get to hit the MT...

mid launch, lower spin. slightly lower than AD-DI

Fitting done. Order will be in today. So excited for Media Day!

Nice, 1 bag down 7 to go! I'm not sure when I'll get mine in yet, I still have some pondering to do.

How is everyone coming along with their setups? Any interesting setups or choices so far?

How is everyone coming along with their setups? Any interesting setups or choices so far?

I had everything set, just one click away...

Then...the internet, THP and me sucked in to the pond of choices. I was first going with my usual suspects, Tour AD-DI driver shaft, KBS TOUR in irons. Wedges, my traditional 52-56-60. Maybe a 5-wood in there. Then I started to think about the mini driver, still I can't make up my mind, but most likely, not going there.

Then...KBS Tour, it works fine for me, but the SLDR iron stock shaft seems to be more than interesting...so that's another thing.

Driver shaft...AD-DI, AD-MT, Oban Tour Limited, Oban Gold or White. Now there's a pickle...but the bigger problem is the loft choice...I booked a fitting for Wednesday, but apparently all the stores have only a few SLDR shafts, maybe even none of the listed...and maybe a 12° head as left handed. SLDR irons I definitely won't be hitting at all, they might get them in June.

But, all in all, I'm super happy to have so much to choose from, and I'm sure that I can find the best bag for me.

Today really made me rethink a few things in terms of my setup for Myrtle.

I was really hitting the ball well today, and pulled driver on 12/14 holes. The other two holes was a 5i and a 3w. Only pulled those as one was a short dogleg left and the last was the par 5 18th that doglegs right and driver would fly thru the fairway.

When not on the tee box, I only hit irons and wedges, never once pulled a fairway or hybrid.

Really makes me think of what kind if setup I will finalize in the next few dad.

Today really made me rethink a few things in terms of my setup for Myrtle.

I was really hitting the ball well today, and pulled driver on 12/14 holes. The other two holes was a 5i and a 3w. Only pulled those as one was a short dogleg left and the last was the par 5 18th that doglegs right and driver would fly thru the fairway.

When not on the tee box, I only hit irons and wedges, never once pulled a fairway or hybrid.

Really makes me think of what kind if setup I will finalize in the next few dad.

Tell me more kind sir.

I'm quite ready to order. Had a fitting, of sorts, and some revelations occurred.

60 gram shafts are too light for me in a driver. 12° SLDR is the optimal loft. I can get 16-17° launch with a 10.5° but then my club face is a bit open and a slice looking fade is produced.

As I finish my order document, I'll share it with you lovely people :)

I'm quite ready to order. Had a fitting, of sorts, and some revelations occurred.

60 gram shafts are too light for me in a driver. 12° SLDR is the optimal loft. I can get 16-17° launch with a 10.5° but then my club face is a bit open and a slice looking fade is produced.

As I finish my order document, I'll share it with you lovely people :)

I can't wait to see your final selections, I'm still in full ponder mode at the moment!

I'm about to leave for the Bridgestone Indianapolis Invitational and won't be home until Sunday night, at this point I am still undecided. I have 2 bag setups saved in my draft folder just waiting to be sent to GG, hopefully I can find a golf store with a nice selection of SLDR S woods in Indy to help me make my final decision.

I'm about to leave for the Bridgestone Indianapolis Invitational and won't be home until Sunday night, at this point I am still undecided. I have 2 bag setups saved in my draft folder just waiting to be sent to GG, hopefully I can find a golf store with a nice selection of SLDR S woods in Indy to help me make my final decision.

If you find one, let me know. I'm still not certain on shafts.

I thought you were getting fit on the 2nd?

Correct, but I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to demo some optional shafts if it presented itself.

Fitting isn't until Monday and the only SLDR driver shaft I've hit is the stock.

For what it's worth, for me worked my current shaft, just needed to loft up 1-2°.

For what it's worth, for me worked my current shaft, just needed to loft up 1-2°.

The shaft I currently game isn't offered. But, I'm sure something will be very close.

Correct, but I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to demo some optional shafts if it presented itself.

gotcha. However sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean. Your fitter will get you spec'd out, I'm sure of that.

You know TaylorMade did us a nice thing by offering their full catalog of shafts for our metalwood line. The printout for just driver/fw shafts alone is about 10 pages. I won't lie the first thing I did was look through that list and crossed out shafts that I know wouldn't be an ideal fit for me.

Fitting isn't until Monday and the only SLDR driver shaft I've hit is the stock.
Going on the same thoughts Ddec shared, what shaft properties are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back