Slow Play is my nemesis

4 hours total sounds fine to me. Regardless of what the split is

Still no excuse for one of our marshalls to disappear for four hours. Should have seen him at least four times, if not six.

4 hours total sounds fine to me. Regardless of what the split is

2 1/2 hours for 9 means a lot of standing around waiting. Makes you forget about the fast 9 pretty quickly.

I honestly rarely if ever see Marshalls out on the courses I usually play.

At my home course I see a marshall probably every 4 holes or so. The big problem is they don't do anything. They never ask if pace is good, they tell anyone to speed up. Usually they ask how you are playing a ride off. Drives me crazy. Heck what's the point of having them out there?

At my home course I see a marshall probably every 4 holes or so. The big problem is they don't do anything. They never ask if pace is good, they tell anyone to speed up. Usually they ask how you are playing a ride off. Drives me crazy. Heck what's the point of having them out there?
They gotta find balls, ddec.

2 1/2 hours for 9 means a lot of standing around waiting. Makes you forget about the fast 9 pretty quickly.

Yeah...I don't see the problem with it. Its still a 4 hour round. Being alive on a golf course sounds just fine.

Agreed, when I do see one, it's just in passing, they never ask you how things are going.
Would have been nice to see anyone out there yesterday.
Probably would have finished over an hour sooner if there was one and they did their job.

Yeah...I don't see the problem with it. Its still a 4 hour round. Being alive on a golf course sounds just fine.

You sound like a much more patient person than myself, blu :) Like the new avatar too.

You sound like a much more patient person than myself, blu :) Like the new avatar too.

Thanks. Just ring the bleeping bell, you pansy.

I was just taught that getting worked up and angry about a slow group does nothing benefitial. Just let it slide. Enjoy being alive.

agreed. 4 hour total round is fine, but man I'm sure I'd be miserable during that one side. Be like shooting 79 closing with a bogey and 3 straight doubles. I'd be happy with the score, but I'd be fired up over the end.

Thanks. Just ring the bleeping bell, you pansy.

I was just taught that getting worked up and angry about a slow group does nothing benefitial. Just let it slide. Enjoy being alive.

Depends on the day for me. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all but yesterday I forgot the sunscreen and I had to pick the kids up from my parents afterwards and I don't like taking advantage of the grandparents :)

Depends on the day for me. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all but yesterday I forgot the sunscreen and I had to pick the kids up from my parents afterwards and I don't like taking advantage of the grandparents :)

I'm not trying to be harsh. But if you were crunched for time, why play 18? Why not just 9? Booking golf tight against another commitment is the kiss of death.

If I played the front at a good pace, I would have taken the turn too.

I'm not trying to be harsh. But if you were crunched for time, why play 18? Why not just 9? Booking golf tight against another commitment is the kiss of death.

No problem and you are right, but I don't get out as much as I used to so I squeeze it in when I can.
Bottom line though is that if the foursome in front of us had any etiquette they would have let us play through and it would have been a non-issue. I get that sometimes a course is just crowded but there was no one in front of them. This would aggravate me whether I was in a hurry or not.

If I played the front at a good pace, I would have taken the turn too.

Exactly, finished the front in under 90 minutes.

In my latest tourney, I enjoyed slow..made me focus (6.5 hours) . I threw grass up, analyzed my options ..walked off yardages..walked all around the greens..etc. But when I'm just playing casual, I enjoy less than 1.5 hr 18 holes in a cart by myself..can't stand slow play.

weird i know.. Tourneys in slow play benefit me

6.5 hours, I would probably WD

I played 36 in 6 hours last weekend :)

What was the holdup? :)

There actually was a holdup. Two of us behind three slowpokes on the back nine or we could have been done a good 30 minutes quicker.

I analyzed everything...grain / lie/ wind / plumb bopped / checked yardages over and over again . Mock swings . Threw up grass looked at the trees for wind. Pull out a club , than if not ready I would do it again. I molded to the round..felt like eternity

I analyzed everything...grain / lie/ wind / plumb bopped / checked yardages over and over again . Mock swings . Threw up grass looked at the trees for wind. Pull out a club , than if not ready I would do it again. I molded to the round..felt like eternity

I thought you were on here posting how awful it was that morning. Change your mind huh?

that sounds quite awful actually.

I thought you were on here posting how awful it was that morning. Change your mind huh?

I guess now I look back and maybe that was the right thing to do .. Play slow , if not I would've shot a million . Never have I studied putts like I did that day. Not sure if it worked , but made me feel cool
but wife called me with 5 holes left .. And was like " what the hell.. You still there " than arguing insued . That led to a bogey , which was expected . That threw me off and I kinda hurried a little more after that call

Back