Calling All Shoe Fashionistas :-)

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I am going to be looking for a pair of golf shoes soon and could use some of your expert advice.

I am looking for a pair that will go will with khaki, navy blue, and stone trousers, as well as shorts.

Can anyone recommend a pair that fits that criteria?

Thanks!

Hundreds of pairs. Answer these questions to narrow it down.
Style - Classic or sneaker
Look - Saddle or funky
Cost - Over $100 or under
Brands that fit you best?

Re: Calling All Shoe Fashionistas :)

JB said:
Look - Saddle or funky

Seanny boy likes titleist so I'll recommend the footjoy reelfits.

Look - Saddle or funky

Style: Classic
Look: Conservative
Cost: Not the top priority
Brands/Fit: No clue. My foot is a bit narrow though.

Style: Classic
Look: Conservative
Cost: Not the top priority
Brands/Fit: No clue. My foot is a bit narrow though.

I would recommend a few based on my comfort only, so please make sure you try on everything you can.

adidas Golf Tour 360 4.0 - One of the best I have tried. Classic and Stylish all wrapped up and just so comfortable.

Nike Air Zoom Elite II - Extremely comfortable and awesome stability. The gold/khaki color is just awesome.

adidas Powerband 3.0s - Testing these now and they are just flat out AWESOME. Plus you can design them yourself if you would like.

FootJoy MyJoys - SO many capabilities for appearance and features.

These are just a few of the ones that are at the top of my list right now.

I would recommend a few based on my comfort only, so please make sure you try on everything you can.

adidas Golf Tour 360 4.0 - One of the best I have tried. Classic and Stylish all wrapped up and just so comfortable.

Nike Air Zoom Elite II - Extremely comfortable and awesome stability. The gold/khaki color is just awesome.

adidas Powerband 3.0s - Testing these now and they are just flat out AWESOME. Plus you can design them yourself if you would like.

FootJoy MyJoys - SO many capabilities for appearance and features.

These are just a few of the ones that are at the top of my list right now.
Many thanks JB. I will look at all of your recommendations. The Powerband 3.0's sound especially intriguing.

I'd have to agree with JB on this one Sean. Those tour 360 4.0's are sweet. They're more 'shoe' looking rather than 'sneaker' so IMO khaki's would go well with these. You're luck you have narrow feet b/c us wide feet flappers have to narrow our choices down to a few. Good luck!!!

I'd have to agree with JB on this one Sean. Those tour 360 4.0's are sweet. They're more 'shoe' looking rather than 'sneaker' so IMO khaki's would go well with these. You're luck you have narrow feet b/c us wide feet flappers have to narrow our choices down to a few. Good luck!!!
Thanks Spank. I've looked at all the shoes...on the Internet...and so far the Tour 360 4.0's are number one. I want to make sure whatever shoe I get can be worn with trousers and shorts. I have no fashion sense at all and don't want to look like an idiot. :)

Thanks Spank. I've looked at all the shoes...on the Internet...and so far the Tour 360 4.0's are number one. I want to make sure whatever shoe I get can be worn with trousers and shorts. I have no fashion sense at all and don't want to look like an idiot. :)

If you're looking at the internet go to tgw.com. If you don't mind buying last year's model and you can find your size you can save some $'s. Speaking of which JB, what do you think of last year's Adidas Tour LTD's? They have them for $150, luckily in my size in the color I wanted, which is a deal.

You're not the only one who feels that way. I'm one of those 'if I can't hit the ball well I might as well look good doing it' types. I don't want to look like a schmuck either.

The LTD's were great shoes, but I still prefer the 4.0's.

I tried the 4.0s at Golf Galaxy. Best shoe in the store IMO. Waiting for the Adipure before making my choice.

I tried the 4.0s at Golf Galaxy. Best shoe in the store IMO. Waiting for the Adipure before making my choice.

Wearing those tomorrow. They are very nice looking.

Have a look at what Poulter is wearing this week, maybe they will grow on you :)

I looked at and tried on a number of golf shoes today. I found a pair I really like...the looks and the comfort. But I'm not sure if they will go with shorts. What to you think? Thanks! Ecco Ultra Performance Hydromax:

3903400101-1.png
[/IMG]

I am going to be looking for a pair of golf shoes soon and could use some of your expert advice.

I am looking for a pair that will go will with khaki, navy blue, and stone trousers, as well as shorts.

Can anyone recommend a pair that fits that criteria?

Thanks!

This'll be fun :) you should make it a contest :D

I wore my old Hydromax's with shorts all of the time. The trick is to wear ankle or no show socks obviously.

Gotta go with no show socks if you are going to do it. I like ECCO's quite a bit. Very comfortable, for years I felt that they were teh best for comfort. I do think some other brands have passed them recently for my feet, but that is just me. Ironically, the Spring Issue of THP the Magazine has a 10 page feature on golf shoes.

I wore Adidas 360 3.0 and recently bought 4.0. The 3.0 was/is the most comfortable shoe I have worn for a season. Right out of the box, they felt great. The 4.0 has made some improvements. So time will tell if the 4.0 can last all season. I think it will...

I wasn't aware buying a pair of golf shoes would be so difficult for me. I just saw a pair of Ecco Casual Cool II GTX. They are Gore-Tex lined and fully water-proof. Since I play in inclement weather at times it would be nice to have dry feet.

I never heard of "no show" socks. I usually wear those socks that like come up to your ankles.

I'll have to go to B&N and pick up the Spring issue.

For waterproof, you can also check out the Puma line which is GoreTex as well. Keep in mind, that taking your time and getting it right is a good thing. Investing good money in it, you will be glad in the long run. If you end up taking care of them, good golf shoes can last YEARS.

For waterproof, you can also check out the Puma line which is GoreTex as well. Keep in mind, that taking your time and getting it right is a good thing. Investing good money in it, you will be glad in the long run. If you end up taking care of them, good golf shoes can last YEARS.

How do you think the Cell Fusion would do walking JB? I know you ride but....

I'm a bit obsessive about taking care of my golf equipment. That would include the shoes: I would polish them, use shoe trees, have a stiff brush so after each round I could clean off the cleats, etc.

As you say, it's important to get it right. And, I would plan on having them for years. I wear Ecco "street" shoes and know how comfortable they are. I also know what size will fit me like a glove. Hence my partiality toward Ecco. However, I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Back