Ocean City -- 2014 Invitational #4 extra Rounds and Misc discussions

i don't care i'll play any tees doesn't matter to me but i'd prefer the blue if i can fit in one of those 4somes.

Buck

We need to make a new set of tees for you!

I don't care what tee's we play from, what I shoot or who I play with.....it's golf with THPers, that's all that matters

Very True! I live maybe 25 miles from Kevin and have yet to have played a round with him... maybe down the ocean hon!

Philly maybe just make up 4 somes bro doesn't sound like anyone has any special requests and like everyone said playing with THPers is the most important thing.

Yeah it's looking like most guys are pretty flexible so that's probably how it'll pan out. I'll get this together this weekend and if anyone else has requests, let me know.

Taps away

Thanks Philly for putting this together

Yeah it's looking like most guys are pretty flexible so that's probably how it'll pan out. I'll get this together this weekend and if anyone else has requests, let me know.

Taps away

Honestly doesn't matter to me what tees and really doesn't matter to me if we split tees in the foursome. Just looking forward to seeing THPers I know and meeting those I haven't met before.

ok, 2 more have been added for the AM and 2 more for the PM

So there is now 21 for the AM round and 24 for the PM

Not sure if you guys can help on this one or maybe I should just check google, but does anyone have any recommendations for a one night hotel stay about 2 hours outside OC on the route coming from Buffalo? Going to make most of the drive Thursday night and a short drive Friday morning to make sure I arrive in time for the afternoon round. Thanks

2 hours coming from the north would put you in northern Delaware. Ton of hotels on I-95. Those should be relatively cheaper than staying down there. All of the major chains are represented at Exit 4 and Exit 3 off of 95 in Delaware. Exit 4 would be the easiest to get on to Route 1 which the road you will take from 95 down to south of Dover. Any specific hotel chain you want?
Not sure if you guys can help on this one or maybe I should just check google, but does anyone have any recommendations for a one night hotel stay about 2 hours outside OC on the route coming from Buffalo? Going to make most of the drive Thursday night and a short drive Friday morning to make sure I arrive in time for the afternoon round. Thanks

2 hours coming from the north would put you in northern Delaware. Ton of hotels on I-95. Those should be relatively cheaper than staying down there. All of the major chains are represented at Exit 4 and Exit 3 off of 95 in Delaware. Exit 4 would be the easiest to get on to Route 1 which the road you will take from 95 down to south of Dover. Any specific hotel chain you want?

Thanks for the reply. I think we'll be coming into Delaware on what looks like Route 7(?).
It's just a stopover for one night, so no real chain preference, just not a fleabag motel :)

Exit 4 is where I-95 intersects with Delaware 7 and Delaware 1. You will find a Red Roof, Quality Inn, Fairfield, Courtyard, Hilton, Carlson. Plenty of places to eat
Doubt you will coming in via Route 7 more likely on I-95 from the north.
Thanks for the reply. I think we'll be coming into Delaware on what looks like Route 7(?).
It's just a stopover for one night, so no real chain preference, just not a fleabag motel :)

Exit 4 is where I-95 intersects with Delaware 7 and Delaware 1. You will find a Red Roof, Quality Inn, Fairfield, Courtyard, Hilton, Carlson. Plenty of places to eat
Doubt you will coming in via Route 7 more likely on I-95 from the north.

I don't think it would be I-95, that would be more from Eastern NY.
Looks like Stanton, DE is about the right distance on our route.

Very True! I live maybe 25 miles from Kevin and have yet to have played a round with him... maybe down the ocean hon!

I played my first round with Kevin a coupes weeks ago. It was a blast with he and Matt and UVAWahoo

We need to get a round in with you soon as well.

OK got it. In any case, just before RT 7 hits I-95 in Stanton, you will find a slew of hotels and restaurants. Also a Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith right at that intersection (no sales tax in Delaware)
I don't think it would be I-95, that would be more from Eastern NY. You need anything specific let me know. I live relatively close to that area
Looks like Stanton, DE is about the right distance on our route.

I played my first round with Kevin a coupes weeks ago. It was a blast with he and Matt and UVAWahoo

We need to get a round in with you soon as well.

I am actually playing Wyncote up in Pa tomorrow at 8:40, and the 2 guys I play with had to bail. If you, Kevin,or anyone, wants in, just PM me! I know it is a major haul for you guys - but if you haven't played it, it is worth it!

OK got it. In any case, just before RT 7 hits I-95 in Stanton, you will find a slew of hotels and restaurants. Also a Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith right at that intersection (no sales tax in Delaware)

Nice! Thanks again. See everyone in less than a month.

ok, 2 more have been added for the AM and 2 more for the PM

So there is now 21 for the AM round and 24 for the PM

Thanks for all the help putting this together Mike.

We are all making out like bandits on the green fees thanks to Mike's efforts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if it is ok w/ amsmith61 i would like to be in his foursome on the morning practice round, he is an old western ny buddy who has recently moved to indy!

I am actually playing Wyncote up in Pa tomorrow at 8:40, and the 2 guys I play with had to bail. If you, Kevin,or anyone, wants in, just PM me! I know it is a major haul for you guys - but if you haven't played it, it is worth it!

I have played it before. Fantastic course. That's a bit early for that long of drive tomorrow am. But thanks for the invite.

Final list:

Rum Pointe morning round

PGG
vman
jlukes
Crest4
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
Maddog
amsmith61
buckbug
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
Golf3rguy
Creegs7882
milehighgolfer
RCgreen
bobgeorge

Lighthouse afternoon round

PGG
Moosejaa
Crest4
jwkde
Bigball
MPlefty
O'Carroll
amsmith61
buckbug
jlukes
MI Slice
Tpluff
GolfinFF
Buckjob
DevRickus
Rob Wedge
T2GRN18
LeeB
Youngbuck
Golf3rguy
Chosen1
milehighgolfer
RCGreen
bobgeorge
JonD

I'll get the foursomes together later today. Let me know if anyone has any questions on the above list.

I'm ready to tee it up with THPers, home my game keeps evolving till arrival

Ok, here are the groups based on requests I received. I'll get the tee times from Mike and add those in later, but the groups are listed from first teeing off first to last. I tried to make the groups to make sure everyone would be able to make the tee times, especially if playing both rounds, and wanted to make sure everyone plays with different people each round. Hopefully everyone is fine with these groupings.

We have one extra for each round that throws things through a loop a little, so I went with a 3 and 2 so no one would play alone. If anyone wants to try to play as a five some and the course allows it, then that's another option.

If anyone has any concerns or questions about the groupings, please let me know. I'm excited to meet those I haven't and hang out with those I know.

Now that Indy is in the books, we are officially on deck!

Morning Rum Pointe

vman
O'Carroll
amsmith61
Maddog

PGG
Crest4
Bigball
milehighgolfer

Tpluff
jlukes
T2GRN18