The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, that is kind of funny. No harm, she will laugh about it later.

Haha, she laughed as soon as she figured out what I meant, nonetheless not the best choice of words on my part.

So this weekend I am pouring self-leveling cement over in floor heating pads, and then tiling over top.

The prospect of having this self-leveling stuff go horribly wrong has me freaking out a bit.

So this weekend I am pouring self-leveling cement over in floor heating pads, and then tiling over top.

The prospect of having this self-leveling stuff go horribly wrong has me freaking out a bit.

Its self-leveling, what can go wrong? I've used stuff like that before, really pretty easy to use.

Its self-leveling, what can go wrong? I've used stuff like that before, really pretty easy to use.

Never done anything like it honestly. Mainly just concerned about pouring it over the matting, really don't want to end up screwing up my in floor heat before I even use it.

I've had many stories that started like that

Never done anything like it honestly. Mainly just concerned about pouring it over the matting, really don't want to end up screwing up my in floor heat before I even use it.

Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. Good luck though.

Every time my support scientist comes into my office and says "This project should be easy." I yell "You take that back!"

Nothing is a bigger kiss of death for a project than saying nothing could possibly go wrong, or it's simple and/or easy.

Not sure which product you are using but Ardex is the best flash product available. Either way, only use the amount of water to mix as the product states and you will be ok. Just need a squeegee and a small steel trowel, if you have them, golf shoes with metal spikes so you can walk in it. Flooring is a big reason my knee's suck...

It is good that our course is so busy on Friday, but it sucks that we were going to go play 18 at about 3:00. We might be able to get out for nine holes about 6:00.

Studless wall?

uzu2uhe4.jpg

Not hitting a single club well at the range is how i started my weekend:angry:To myself. Gotta stay positive, regroup and focus.

I'll let you figure out the rant, but I don't ever want to hear anyone b*tch about the Bermuda rough down south again.

My rant is that I have just about 0 THP time since I got back from Florida. Getting home most nights after 9:00 stinks. I do this to myself, so it's not like I have anyone to blame. I am a league president for a local Little League Baseball league, in a not so prosperous part of town. We do have a good group of parents though, but some of the crap I see from other parents in other leagues just drives me insane. Let the kids have fun and learn the game, and maybe some other lessons along the way. Between work being in the extreme busy season, baseball season, and an occasional band practice or show, there is just not enough hours in the day. And golf. Yeah, right. I'm still hitting into my garage net when I get a minute or two at 11:00pm. I've played a total of two rounds in the last month. This weekend is a no go, although I'm going to try and at least get some range time in. Sunday I have to drive 6 hours to be ready for a vendor visit to a customer, than drive another 6 hours after that to get ready for a Tuesday visit on the other side of the state. I get to drove home after that, around 6 hours. Hopefully the guy coming up will appreciate seeing a good size chunk of Alaska, at least the part on the road system. Rant over, miss my THP time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was about to say, I haven't seen you on here lately buddy. Sounds like you've been busy.

Every time my support scientist comes into my office and says "This project should be easy." I yell "You take that back!"

Nothing is a bigger kiss of death for a project than saying nothing could possibly go wrong, or it's simple and/or easy.

I was online at 0330 for a "simple little update, should take 20 mins".
It is now 8AM local and I'm NOT seeing the end of this soon.

They have a test environment. So I'd have hoped this would have been....whatamacallit...TESTED before I rolled it out into prod. Ye gods.

My rant is that I have just about 0 THP time since I got back from Florida. Getting home most nights after 9:00 stinks. I do this to myself, so it's not like I have anyone to blame. I am a league president for a local Little League Baseball league, in a not so prosperous part of town. We do have a good group of parents though, but some of the crap I see from other parents in other leagues just drives me insane. Let the kids have fun and learn the game, and maybe some other lessons along the way. Between work being in the extreme busy season, baseball season, and an occasional band practice or show, there is just not enough hours in the day. And golf. Yeah, right. I'm still hitting into my garage net when I get a minute or two at 11:00pm. I've played a total of two rounds in the last month. This weekend is a no go, although I'm going to try and at least get some range time in. Sunday I have to drive 6 hours to be ready for a vendor visit to a customer, than drive another 6 hours after that to get ready for a Tuesday visit on the other side of the state. I get to drove home after that, around 6 hours. Hopefully the guy coming up will appreciate seeing a good size chunk of Alaska, at least the part on the road system. Rant over, miss my THP time.

Sounds like a busy life, but knowing you I don't think you'd have it any other way brutha! Glad to see you back though for sure, hope to see you around some more as you get some time.

I try and squeeze time in to at least read some threads here and there, but it's like 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. I have another month or so of craziness, then it should slow down a little.

I'm killing v.man's odds in this MP format

#suck

So my cousin passed away last week from cancer. He beat stomach cancer 2 years ago and just recently was diagnosed with liver and bone cancer. Literally a few months later of treatment nothing worked. He went home with hospice and passed away 2 days later. Last week I get a call in regards to my aunt, terminal cancer! WTF is going on! I will say that 2014 can kiss my ass, what a terrible year...

So sorry to hear this Vince. Can't imagine how tough if week it's been for you.

So sorry to hear this Vince. Can't imagine how tough if week it's been for you.

Thanks Brother, I am pretty good with my cuz. He knew he was going and that, for some reason made me feel better. Either way, cancer flat sucks a D. This coming Saturday will be rough as we are saying our goodbyes with family and friends.

Been a weird week or so. Lots of highs and lows. Watched my brother graduate. Had to reject a chance to play college golf in Alabama. Had to drop my summer classes. Got some amazing support from my parents.

Don't know but I feel like this week has been very straining. Hoping for some clarity soon.

Thanks Brother, I am pretty good with my cuz. He knew he was going and that, for some reason made me feel better. Either way, cancer flat sucks a D. This coming Saturday will be rough as we are saying our goodbyes with family and friends.

It does suck a big one for sure. Lost my best friend to brain cancer two weeks after we got back from a guys weekend trip. He was diagnosed the day after he got home and they originally told him he had 6 months. We began planning another trip two days before he died.

Then my father died of leukemia on my birthday a coupe years ago. Like your cousin that was not as hard as we had known it was coming any day. And I had just spent 5 days with him in CA to say goodbye.

But my buddy going so fast was a frickin kick to the boys for all of us.

Thoughts and prayers to your family.

It does suck a big one for sure. Lost my best friend to brain cancer two weeks after we got back from a guys weekend trip. He was diagnosed the day after he got home and they originally told him he had 6 months. We began planning another trip two days before he died.

Then my father died of leukemia on my birthday a coupe years ago. Like your cousin that was not as hard as we had known it was coming any day. And I had just spent 5 days with him in CA to say goodbye.

But my buddy going so fast was a frickin kick to the boys for all of us.

Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Thanks again Bro, means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back