Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do enjoy the Cell + but I would be lying to not admit that I think about the Alpha quite a bit.

It will likely be an itch that gets scratched in a few months.

Golf store didn't have many 5 hybrids to hit, Hit a ping.... eh.... to expensive and wasn't that nice, Hit a Cobra 4/5 And it was just to long, just as long as my 4h on the 5h setting, Actually told the salesman i just hit it to long, he replied with, that's the first time i lost a sale because of length.

Also hit a big bertha and xhot 2, didn't hit them well enough to form an opion. Tried hitting a SLDR s 16* but they only had them in senior shaft.

Pondering a new shaft for my 5w. I love my X Hot Pro, but I need something to lower the ball flight a bit.

Jeff/John I'm with you on the shaft pondering I need something similar to the avicore black in X that's in the driver preferably heavier than 79g closer to 85-90 and a hybo shaft that's pushing 95-100.

I need heavy and apparently what most feel is rebar as the whiteboard is leaving the face open at impact resulting in pushes.

Gotta pickup some shoes. The Kikkors I have from 2 seasons ago have outlived their expiry. Perhaps a look into the Faas line.

Gotta pickup some shoes. The Kikkors I have from 2 seasons ago have outlived their expiry. Perhaps a look into the Faas line.

Check out what gmamasgolf has to offer. Some crazy good deals there for shoes.

Matrix Ozik Progam 95 iron shafts...

Jeff/John I'm with you on the shaft pondering I need something similar to the avicore black in X that's in the driver preferably heavier than 79g closer to 85-90 and a hybo shaft that's pushing 95-100.

I need heavy and apparently what most feel is rebar as the whiteboard is leaving the face open at impact resulting in pushes.

When did you switch to the D+ in the driver?

Really loved the White Tie in the Alpha, wondering what it would feel like in the Bertha fairway woods.

I am pondering why in the name of baby Jesus I ever took my R11S out of the bag. Took it to the store to compare with my Bertha and with an Adams XTD 10.5, and boy did it shine. First 3 swings I carried at least 250 on each one, and the 3rd one carried over 260 and rolled out to over 290! XTD came pretty close though honestly, and had more rollout. Bertha was fine, but honestly just didn't stack up. Seriously pondering trying to trade her for an XTD.

Shop near me has heavily reduced Cleveland Classic XL drivers. They're £90 and I have an Xhot they'll give me £45 for, so could get the XL for £45.
I have the 3w and have been coveting an XL for a while.
But.... I've been through a few drivers and keep going back to my Classic which treats me very well generally.

Need to do some reading, see if XL upgrade is actually value or just me feeding my habit :D

I am pondering why in the name of baby Jesus I ever took my R11S out of the bag. Took it to the store to compare with my Bertha and with an Adams XTD 10.5, and boy did it shine. First 3 swings I carried at least 250 on each one, and the 3rd one carried over 260 and rolled out to over 290! XTD came pretty close though honestly, and had more rollout. Bertha was fine, but honestly just didn't stack up. Seriously pondering trying to trade her for an XTD.

I've never seen anything with that R11s to make me think you should try something different, but I still am surprised that the Bertha just won't cooperate for you.

I've never seen anything with that R11s to make me think you should try something different, but I still am surprised that the Bertha just won't cooperate for you.

I am too. Bertha has definitely yielded me some impressively long drives, and the sound and feel are amazing, but it hooks on me so much easier. I honestly think it has something to do with length (Bertha is longer than the other two by nearly an inch), so the other thing I could look at doing is getting it cut down by 3/4" or so.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I am too. Bertha has definitely yielded me some impressively long drives, and the sound and feel are amazing, but it hooks on me so much easier. I honestly think it has something to do with length (Bertha is longer than the other two by nearly an inch), so the other thing I could look at doing is getting it cut down by 3/4" or so.

Get out the hacksaw. Its worth a try for sure, or else you could put your R11s shaft in it and see if that helps.

Get out the hacksaw. Its worth a try for sure, or else you could put your R11s shaft in it and see if that helps.

Yeah, but then I'd have to re tip the shaft. May just make a mark on the Bertha grip an inch down, and try choking down to there for a little while and see if it helps.

...I may be heading down the path to driver ho land hahaha

When did you switch to the D+ in the driver?

I went to it last year and then got away from is this winter as it was consistently leaving the club face open at impact. Went to the Axivcore black in X from the D+ is S.

It was the Axivcore you hit at HHI

Pondering a new grip for my R1. I have changed grips on all of my other clubs but no idea where to start with driver

I've decided to send my order in for the Morgan Cup within the next two hours. Here's my last list:

Driver
Loft: 12°
Length: 44.5”
Lie: Standard
Shaft Choice: Tour AD-DI 7
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps.
Dexterity: LH

Fairway Wood(s)
Head Selection: 3 Wood
Loft: 15°
Length: 43.00”
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps.

Rescue(s)
Head Selection: 3
Loft: 19°
Length: 40.25"
Shaft Choice: Stock

Irons
Set Makeup (ex - 4-PW): 4-AW
Length: Standard
Lie: +0.5° UPRIGHT
Shaft Choice: Stock, KBS C-Taper 90

Wedges
Lofts: 56° bent to 55° & 60° bent to 59°.
Bounce: ATV 56°, ATV 60°

Putter
Putter Selection: DA-62
Length: 35”
Grip: Standard

If possible, custom options:
Lie: 68°
Loft: 2.5°

Golf Ball
Ball Selection: Tour Preferred

Interesting, it wants to fade for me. New shiny things are great but things that just work are even better. I'd just stick with S.

I've decided to send my order in for the Morgan Cup within the next two hours. Here's my last list:

Driver
Loft: 12°
Length: 44.5”

Fairway Wood(s)
Head Selection: 3 Wood
Loft: 15°
Length: 43.00”

Rescue(s)
Head Selection: 3
Loft: 19°
Length: 40.25"
Shaft Choice: Stock

Irons
Set Makeup (ex - 4-PW): 4-AW
Length: Standard
Lie: +0.5° UPRIGHT
Shaft Choice: Stock, KBS C-Taper 90

Wedges
Lofts: 56° bent to 55° & 60° bent to 59°.
Bounce: ATV 56°, ATV 60°

Putter
Putter Selection: DA-62
Length: 35”
Grip: Standard

If possible, custom options:
Lie: 68°
Loft: 2.5°

Golf Ball
Ball Selection: Tour Preferred

Sounds like a great set up and it should suite you well

That's a solid setup, Henri, and going Tour 90s in the irons...love it!

That's a solid setup, Henri, and going Tour 90s in the irons...love it!

The SLDR irons are quite new to me, there's so much tech, different lofts, lots of offset that I figured I just need to trust TaylorMade and go with the stock shafts. There's a reason why they have chosen the C-taper lite / 90.

They are quite light, but I think I can get used to them.

The SLDR irons are quite new to me, there's so much tech, different lofts, lots of offset that I figured I just need to trust TaylorMade and go with the stock shafts. There's a reason why they have chosen the C-taper lite / 90.

They are quite light, but I think I can get used to them.

I was going to say that these shafts are probably lighter than you are used to, but man I love how they feel in the swing.

I went to it last year and then got away from is this winter as it was consistently leaving the club face open at impact. Went to the Axivcore black in X from the D+ is S.

It was the Axivcore you hit at HHI

I remember. It felt good haha. Very solid and stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back