Vokey SM5 vs. Taylormade Tour Preferred

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone compared these head-to-head? If so, what were your findings? Thanks guys

Yes I have. Blade wedges. Felt identical. For me, most do.

The ATV option in the Tour Preferred is a nice option.

Will definitely be following this thread. These are the two I'm considering as well and will be pulling the trigger on one of them very soon.

Tour Preferred have a softer feel and felt more comfortable to me.

Tour Preferred have a softer feel and felt more comfortable to me.

Okay. I've hit only the 52* TP and liked it, but haven't had experience with higher lofts, ATV sole, or anything from the SM5.

Any new thoughts?

Came from older TM, but can't imagine any wedges being better then the new SM5. Have the 50, 54, 58. Great feel and plenty of spin when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SM5 and TP have different feel. I think the TP wedges have a heavier feel that I like a lot.

What sort of info are you looking for? I can't help much with the TP's, but can answer questions you have about the SM5's.

Not at the same time, but Ive tinkered with both near chipping greens and think the SM5's worked better for me. More spin and better feel at impact.

I own the TPs now and tested out the SM5s pretty extensively before making my decision. For me, the feel of the TPs (totally subjective) was more of what I have looking for. I do like all of the finishes that are available for the SM5 though. I can see where the SM5 would be plenty good for a lot of people though.

For me, I play a wide variety of courses and need my wedges to be very diverse. The ATV sole really made it an easy choice. I use my wedges for everything and having a specific bounce or grind kind of limited me to what I wanted in the past. I've played 4 rounds with the TPs and have already seen a nice improvement on the number of shots I hit around the green that are landing the way I want them to and spinning just right.

I hit every wedge they had at Golf Galaxy before making my decision. The Cleveland RTX line came in second

Back