Got it but didn't find it useful for snaps, if I'm switching the phone on, I'll just use the phone camera in 99% of cases. My phone wifi also goes to sleep when the screen is off so have to wait for it to wake up. Was very useful in the car for making sure the placement was ok but not for the snap scenario.
Also of limited value with selfies but got some great pics of me and my wife using the 30 shots over 30 secs mode.
The app certainly has it's place but not for the use cases I was checking out. I also had the camera setup for the wifi remote so a bit of messing about to be done.
Most of my filming is done on the move in or out of a vehicle or with my drone. I'm one not to just turn it on and let it go. I'm constantly changing my shots utilizing different POV. I agree with it having it's place and it does for me. I find the apps quite useful.

I find the apps quite useful.

Most definitely, it's very well done. Anything with any kind of setup, it's great (and to be fair, that'll be most of the usage), I just wanted to try some casual snapping and didn't find it applicable for that but still got results I'm super happy with.

I could understand that. You could always go to the LCD BacPac. I have one for my Hero2. It's a little more user friendly for those casual snapping shots.

I'm still learning to use the GoPro, there's one feature that I miss, burst shot timer.

There's a lot to learn, how the camera reacts to light, image quality (optimizing it), distance between the camera and the object. I thought yesterday that I had the camera quite close...while checking the material, I couldn't even recognize myself :)

http://instagram.com/p/lf5tNCRi5M/

http://instagram.com/p/lf7V1yxi7z/

there's one feature that I miss, burst shot timer.

I did a lot of reading before buying and there were a couple of articles where it was discussed that taking frames from video can offer as good, if not better results than the stills (if you don't have a requirement for the original sizes) so it might be an option to just take video and then extract frames..? I'm hopefully trying that this morning.

Great vid btw.

I did a lot of reading before buying and there were a couple of articles where it was discussed that taking frames from video can offer as good, if not better results than the stills (if you don't have a requirement for the original sizes) so it might be an option to just take video and then extract frames..? I'm hopefully trying that this morning.

Great vid btw.

It works only in some cases, but usually, when we talk about golf, the movement is too fast, and there's a lot of motion blur. The option to record video, and have the camera take stills in intervals could work, but it's extremely hard to get the timing right. Of course the problem is solved if you have a buddy who can trigger the camera, but I ain't got no friends :D Of course I will ask my friends to do it, but strangers...no slows down the play too much on the course.

720p @ 60 or 100fps should be ok?

Would have tested but turned up at the course all set... turned on gopro.... no sd! Idiot!

Have you thought about a lesser expensive model? Tell ya what, lets have some fun this weekend. I am going to bring my JVC along with my GoPro. You will take the JVC with you from Friday and give it back to me at the end of our meal Saturday. Then we will post whatever you shoot (as long as it is THP appropriate).
Was any of the footage shot THP friendly for us to view?

Fashioned a better mount so time for more testing...
Had to go to Costco, had to go to post office... wth, let's gopro it....!!

I really like the sky in the 2nd half of this one but youtube as usual making it awkward to view straight into HD.

I reckon a THP Tour Van timelapse would be pretty cool with the amount of time spent on the road....

Fashioned a better mount so time for more testing...
Had to go to Costco, had to go to post office... wth, let's gopro it....!!

I really like the sky in the 2nd half of this one but youtube as usual making it awkward to view straight into HD.

I reckon a THP Tour Van timelapse would be pretty cool with the amount of time spent on the road....

Nice work. Looks like you shot @ 1 sec intervals?
I did this one a few years back driving from SoCal to Moab, UT. Couldn't really do 1 sec with an 11 hour drive but I'm happy with the results.

Nice work. Looks like you shot @ 1 sec intervals?

Thanks!
It's effectively half sec but it wasn't shot in timelapse, it's 720p/50 but using every 25th frame to make the timelapse effect.

The 720p is so awesome, I think I'll use it as default and then lift stills from it rather than try to get still pics in the std modes, I don't need megapixels, content from the gopro will be viewed mostly on screen so 720 will be fine. (I might change my mind by next week tho, still more experimenting to do :D)

Cool video on Callaway/Hashtag Chad's twitter today:

I wouldn't go for a new gopro .. I would grab an eBay working go pro hero1 or gopro 960.. Look around , they will be competitive .. As there is a high volume of hero and hero2 out there .. So people will be offloading the old stuff.. I wouldn't recommend anything other than the gopro .. Proven longevity .. Just look around for older stock

I never use my Hero 3+. I've had it for months, and even when I plan to use it, I don't use it. Never been a "take a lot of photos" type person, and had grand ideas for using it for golf and shooting and all sorts of who knows what, but it just sits in the bag.

I never use my Hero 3+. I've had it for months, and even when I plan to use it, I don't use it. Never been a "take a lot of photos" type person, and had grand ideas for using it for golf and shooting and all sorts of who knows what, but it just sits in the bag.

Send it my way Greg, I'll give it go! lol

Cool video on Callaway/Hashtag Chad's twitter today:

I love videos like this! I just need to figure out what they use to produce, cut and add music and I would have a BLAST doing videos like this!

I picked up a GoPro Hero 3 White the other day, and took it onto the course for the first time yesterday without reading any instructions. My first thoughts are "Wow, I got super fat the last few years!" I also learned that you can't just set the thing on the ground. You should get a small tripod or something, or you end up with my results, which are not great, but fun.

I think it's a useful tool. For instance, I have figured out that even though my swing feels like I am slowing down, I am doing everything too fast. My hands are also too low. I don't feel like I am taking the club as far back as the video shows I am.

Video 1: First swing of the day. This course doesn't have a driving range, so I went in cold and hit one of my better drives of the day, 278 right down the middle.

Video 2: A 6 iron on a par 3. This was in the early stretch of the round where I played the first 5 holes at -2 and was striking the ball well. This was from 168 and flew directly over the flagstick onto the back fringe. Missed the 10 foot chip and tapped in for par.

Video 3: I pulled my drive into the rough and put myself in a bad spot. Luckily, I managed to thread the needle and get it onto the green. 8 iron from 148.

Nice Erky. I rarely use mine outside of work stuff, but I know others love them.

Nice Erky. I rarely use mine outside of work stuff, but I know others love them.
If you are.going to have a slow round, it's a nice diversion.

I picked up the black last week. I did some stuff with my daughter but am waiting on some mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#BerthaLong

Last edited:
What a swing!

Back