It's not that I don't trust the company. It's how well that camera would perform.

I was impressed with it when I was at CES. I don't think it would be a bad investment.

Same here. I almost bought a drone last week.. Would be an awesome combo to have.
It is an awesome combo. I just did this video. I didn't spend much time on post processing as it was more to test out the drone.

Definitely not golf related, but this was filmed with one of these:

Published on Feb 27, 2014
Shot 100% on the HD HERO3+® camera from http://GoPro.com.

Abandoned by it's flock, Bigbird the pelican stumbled ashore after a storm
and was taken in by the staff of Greystoke Mahale in Tanzania.
Watch as Bigbird learns to fly for the first time.

I wish i had this GoPro soon to be added to my gadget collection :D
w.png

I will be adding these to my stuff.

Published on Mar 3, 2014
We were testing our new DJI Phantom GoPro Quadcopter at the ECPC
when Ryo Ishikawa showed up and asked us to fly it over his head
while he hit shots. Naturally, we obliged. More drone action to come...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Callaway?feature=watch

Any possibility of a THP drone at future events?

probably not, but we do have some very cool things coming with our Action Cameras to events in the future. Even spoke about it with one OEM today for 2015 stuff.

probably not, but we do have some very cool things coming with our Action Cameras to events in the future. Even spoke about it with one OEM today for 2015 stuff.
Very interesting I'd be curious to see how and OEM would connect with an action camera.

It is an awesome combo. I just did this video. I didn't spend much time on post processing as it was more to test out the drone.

That looks like a lot of fun.

That looks like a lot of fun.

It is. I'm having a blast with it. I'm taking it to the Sierra's in August for a 4 day Jeep trip through the Dusy Ershim trail. Should be getting some spectacular video.

JB, have you found a better way to utilize the phone app without killing battery life?

JB, have you found a better way to utilize the phone app without killing battery life?

Nope. Not outside just plugging it into an external battery.

Had a play with timelapse today. Was working great as a proof of concept till it fell off for the 2nd time, new mount on the shopping list... :D

Had a play with timelapse today. Was working great as a proof of concept till it fell off for the 2nd time, new mount on the shopping list... :D

That is awesome, love the time lapse!

I also wanted to see how the gopro would work as a snapshot camera for being out and about and it actually does a very good job.
Obviously not having a viewfinder isn't ideal, but I found that as it's field of view is so wide, using the burst setting over 3 secs gave enough flexibility in captured shots to get a decent result.

This is 30 shots panned over 3 secs in one capture:
2014-03-10%20contactsheet.jpg

With one in the bunch picked, straightened and cropped to preferred format:

2014-03-10%20sands.JPG

Very pleased with the gopro, got a lot of projects floating round but even as a snapper, it's terrific.

I have a friend that has that camera Staticline. He replaced it but it worked "okay". He only got about 20 minutes of battery line and the still pictures were pretty bad, but the video was decent. The housing is actually pretty darn good, but the rest of it is just fair at best.

I have a friend that has that camera Staticline. He replaced it but it worked "okay". He only got about 20 minutes of battery line and the still pictures were pretty bad, but the video was decent. The housing is actually pretty darn good, but the rest of it is just fair at best.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping someone here had some more details. Woot and Amazon had zero.

I also wanted to see how the gopro would work as a snapshot camera for being out and about and it actually does a very good job.
Obviously not having a viewfinder isn't ideal, but I found that as it's field of view is so wide, using the burst setting over 3 secs gave enough flexibility in captured shots to get a decent result.

This is 30 shots panned over 3 secs in one capture:

With one in the bunch picked, straightened and cropped to preferred format:

Very pleased with the gopro, got a lot of projects floating round but even as a snapper, it's terrific.

Get the app and use it as your view finder. I use it with my tablet and I'm very pleased with it. If you have Android this is a great app as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.fhooe.mc.gopro.free

Get the app and use it as your view finder. I use it with my tablet and I'm very pleased with it. If you have Android this is a great app as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.fhooe.mc.gopro.free

Got it but didn't find it useful for snaps, if I'm switching the phone on, I'll just use the phone camera in 99% of cases. My phone wifi also goes to sleep when the screen is off so have to wait for it to wake up. Was very useful in the car for making sure the placement was ok but not for the snap scenario.
Also of limited value with selfies but got some great pics of me and my wife using the 30 shots over 30 secs mode.
The app certainly has it's place but not for the use cases I was checking out. I also had the camera setup for the wifi remote so a bit of messing about to be done.

While true if you are going to go this route make sure you have a backup battery. It absolutely kills the battery life.
Yes it can. I have extra batteries and will actually hard wire when possible.

Back