DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed playing with you gentlemen today. Drove the ball better today, but my short game left alot to be desired and then getting the ball in the cup was a chore -- between them being slow or me just leaving them on the edge. Look forward to playing with you again soon.

Glad you came out man, enjoyable day on the course minus our occasional struggles. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

14 June I'll be in Fort Worth (Driving up the night before). Anyone care to make a foursome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure someone will jump on this 4-5 of us will be at the THP SeeMore event

Enjoyed playing with you gentlemen today. Drove the ball better today, but my short game left alot to be desired and then getting the ball in the cup was a chore -- between them being slow or me just leaving them on the edge. Look forward to playing with you again soon.
Wish I would have played better , but had a good time out there with you and Cookie. Look forward to doing it again.

14 June I'll be in Fort Worth (Driving up the night before). Anyone care to make a foursome?

Wish we were in town. I will be at the SeeMore event in Tennessee. Hope to catch up with you sometime and get in a round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to grab the Prairie Lakes ideal coupon?

Valid Monday-Friday anytime or Saturday-Sunday after 12:30 PM
Expires 8-3-2014
Limit 4 per person; can purchase up to 4 additional as gifts
Cannot be combined with other offers, events, leagues or discounts
Tee Times required
Blackout date: 7/4/2014
*Lone Star Track Pack includes 1 daily admission for 1 person during Live Racing & a program. To be received at the golf course when coupon redeemed.

PRICE INCLUDES: 1 round of golf w/cart, taxes, small bucket of range balls, and Eddlemon's BBQ Sandwich + Lone Star* Track Pack!

I thought this was good until 8/30 but it's 8/3. May be tough for me as these weekends fill up so fast.

What'd you do on MB #1?

What'd you do on MB #1?

He hit 3 iron right of cart path, laid up to around 140...ball stopped on downslope cause it was still wet.

Iron approach landed 2 feet short of flag and went 5-6 feet past flag, barely missed birdie.

Check with Texas Star, they are redoing their greens in "June" I dont remember exact dates. Otherwise its a nice course. Sky Creek is in phenomenal condition.

Im trying hard to make this work if we stay in town.

I saw where they are not closing Texas Star until June 16, I believe. I definitively want to play it again before they start the renovation. But look forward to playing it after they update it. Sounds like it will be an excellent course once it reopens in the fall.

I saw where they are not closing Texas Star until June 16, I believe. I definitively want to play it again before they start the renovation. But look forward to playing it after they update it. Sounds like it will be an excellent course once it reopens in the fall.

Im torn, I LOVE bent greens, but the new grass should help with maintaining the conditions better year round.

Im torn, I LOVE bent greens, but the new grass should help with maintaining the conditions better year round.

What grade are they going with? But I will be happy to see the white sand in the bunkers. I always like that type of sand, versus the other garbage they use around here.

Are you going to be able to play Saturday? Would love to see 6-8 people get out there with us Saturday.

What grade are they going with? But I will be happy to see the white sand in the bunkers. I always like that type of sand, versus the other garbage they use around here.

IIRC its like Championship Bermuda Eagle or something like that. Its been a bit since I saw it, and cant seem to find it on the website

Are you going to be able to play Saturday? Would love to see 6-8 people get out there with us Saturday.

Im pretty sure I can. Its a yes at this point.

Where are you playing Saturday?

Where are you playing Saturday?

Looking at playing Texas Star now. It's local, it's cheaper, and they are closing the course for four months after next weekend.

This is what I posted in the Winstar thread. I posted it there, because that is where this all started.
Alright guys, here is what I'm looking at for Saturday, June 7. Texas Star available times; 8am , then 10:30, 10:40, 10:50, etc. Cost is $72.<br/>
So far, Ward and Phillip are wanting the 8am tee time. If I get more than one more taker, I will have to look at the 10:30 or after the time. That doesn't bother me one bit.

I am still in for the 7th

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am still in for the 7th

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Do you mind around a10:30 tee time. I tried reserving the 8am, but there was an error. I assume because it was already booked.

Do you mind around a10:30 tee time. I tried reserving the 8am, but there was an error. I assume because it was already booked.

Got the kitchen pass! 1030 is good for me.

Got the kitchen pass! 1030 is good for me.

That makes 5. Does nofil or dad want to play too?
Anyone else? Texas Star, this Saturday around 10:30. Will be making the tee time tomorrow. Early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back