You know you love golf when .......

Blynn78

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if there is another thread like this. If there is, please move.

I was with my nephew last weekend at a baseball field messing around and helping him practice. He got tired of hitting and wanted to pitch so I said I would hit for a little while. When I grabbed the bat and stepped up to the plate, something felt wrong. Just then, I realized I had a golf grip on the bat and started laughing.

That is just my little moment that reminded me how much I love Golf!!

.....it is absolutely killing you not to be able to play your normal 2 rounds per week due to injury. It is also driving my wife absolutely crazy as well!

When you spend half your sunday night replacing spikes, cleaning and polishing your shoes.

You fly all over the country for the chance to get some rounds in with THPers.

... you wash your clubs in a pot you normally cook in.

I realized I loved golf when I woke up at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning to try to play a round in 27* weather; unfortunately, frost was on the course and I actually considered waiting 3 hours in the clubhouse for the sun to melt it away..

You don't sleep the night before a round of golf

you hide a few extra dollars and save up for a new club ... So you do not have explain to the finance committee at home why you just send $$$ on yet another club

you make practice swing anytime you are waiting or bored ...

you fall asleep at night with the golf channel on ...

When the grandkids ask if your job at work is a golfer ...

You know you love golf when .......

You have a full set of golf Clothes in your car at all times.

Your out of state friends are out playing a course and you're looking at the scorecard online deciding how to play each hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You give up a career as a major league baseball player, get a job in sales for a major OEM, call other golfers names, and alienate your customer base.

You give up a career as a major league baseball player, get a job in sales for a major OEM, call other golfers names, and alienate your customer base.

i see what you did there.

here's one: when instead of counting sheep you replay golf holes in your mind to fall asleep. then you get through 18 mental holes and are even more amped than before.

You can do full loads of laundry with strictly golf attire.

You can do full loads of laundry with strictly golf attire.

Or when you do a load of laundry because you ve run out of golf shirts before underwear.

You have a closet full of club boxes and bubble wrap to sell and trade clubs

You shoot the worst round of your life, and can't wait to play again the next morning.

You call a nice restaurant to make dinner reservations and ask to make a tee time.

I find myself, even in the middle Wal-Mart down the frozen food isle, the doors are frosted over making a mirror effect, right? So I'll make a few swings to see that I'm in the correct positions I want in my swing. My wife finds it mildly annoying. lol

Just this past Saturday.... Hit up the golf store on the way to pickup your wife and new baby from the Hospital... Since, after all it's right in the neighborhood....

When I come back from a THP event sick as a dog but still can't wait to get to the next one.

When you buy a Sprinter van to travel to play golf with THPers.

When you juggle your travel reward points just for THP events.

Just this past Saturday.... Hit up the golf store on the way to pickup your wife and new baby from the Hospital... Since, after all it's right in the neighborhood....

Last year when my son was born, I was in the hospital room chatting with Jman about fairway wood shafts and ordering re-gripping supplies. So I completely understand where you're coming from.

Last year when my son was born, I was in the hospital room chatting with Jman about fairway wood shafts and ordering re-gripping supplies. So I completely understand where you're coming from.

I figured the new 5Deep FW was a reasonable new dad gift to myself :)

When the only place you will wait a long time to try on shoes and clothing is at the golf store.

when you're willing to sell your motorcycle (lifelong passion) to come up with the initiation fee to join a club.

Don't mean to bring anyone down, but here's my experience today of why I love golf:

We very suddenly lost a family member last week. Funeral was over the weekend. It's been extremely difficult, especially on my father.

Today we decided to go out and hit a bucket of balls at the range and putt a bit. It was the first time we could both (especially him) get our minds off of things and just focus on golf. It was nice to get into a rhythm, swing by swing, and just let that carry the time.

Back