Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

So my Cobra rep stopped in today, we will trade stuff out for him if he needs a spec that he doesn't have. He thanks me by handing me a Bio Cell+ orange driver. Going to give it a test run when the rain stops sometime later this week. I have hit it once when I was playing with my buddy who is a tech rep for Cobra and was impressed, so I am looking forward to giving it a longer look.

nothing I haven't said before, but I'm still very much in love with my Bio+ driver. Every time I play with someone new, I get questions and comments about it. At least a dozen people at my home course have hit my driver now :). I've yet to find anyone who didn't like the looks, the feel, the sound, or the performance. Being newer to the game I'm not as familiar with which brands are traditionally supposed to be "cool" or "high-end" or whatever. I asked our club pro why there is never any Cobra or Adams in the pro shop, and he scoffed... but now I think we might be seeing a bit of a shift. Too many members are now asking him about Cobra :D

nothing I haven't said before, but I'm still very much in love with my Bio+ driver. Every time I play with someone new, I get questions and comments about it. At least a dozen people at my home course have hit my driver now :). I've yet to find anyone who didn't like the looks, the feel, the sound, or the performance. Being newer to the game I'm not as familiar with which brands are traditionally supposed to be "cool" or "high-end" or whatever. I asked our club pro why there is never any Cobra or Adams in the pro shop, and he scoffed... but now I think we might be seeing a bit of a shift. Too many members are now asking him about Cobra :D

I have witnessed a couple of the guys taking swipes at it and being impressed. Cobra is really coming out strong this year. Its good to see all of the companies improvements this year, this us the first year where I can think of 4 current model drivers I would be happy to game. This is one of those.

I have played the ZL Encore for the last two seasons and I tried to get that thing out of my bag with no luck. I mean I probably went through 10-12 other drivers until I hit the +. The + is now in my bag and the Encore is on stand bye. I have only gotten one round in with the + so on the near future I will have a more detailed description between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any more thoughts on the caparison between the Encore and the +? I also can not find anything that can beat my Encore but have not hit the BC+ head to head with it yet. I especially like the forgiveness and great feel I have with the Encore and if the + has these same qualities then it might be time to break open the bank.

I wont ramble in here... but this club is $$$. Seriously hit the farthest drive ive hit in many mny years.. and I hit 5 of them that long :)

Looks like my face might be starting to cave on me. I was on my 3rd R1 head when I bought this and was hoping to never see issues again. I make pretty good swing speed and my miss is always on the toe, so I guess I'm just doomed to destroy drivers until I can eliminate the toe side!

What do you guys think?
ve7aju6e.jpg
zude5yva.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sure looks like it is caving in. Bit of a concern as I need to buy mine from overseas due to lack of stock down here and will not have any warranty.

That sure looks like it is caving in. Bit of a concern as I need to buy mine from overseas due to lack of stock down here and will not have any warranty.

Can you buy directly from the Cobra website? I'm sure they'd try and work with you if anything happened. My driver is still working for me, but man, when you see something off, you start wondering and then it gets in your head. I emailed cobra so I hope to hear something back soon.

FYI, if anyone is pondering this club or any of the Cobra Bio line, right now Golfsmith has them marked down *and* a coupon for $50 off $250 w/ free shipping. that takes the Bio+ driver down to a smooth $250. hard to beat that deal from a reputable seller. I checked and the discount and coupon can both be applied. I might be adding some Fairway woods to my bag!

FYI, if anyone is pondering this club or any of the Cobra Bio line, right now Golfsmith has them marked down *and* a coupon for $50 off $250 w/ free shipping. that takes the Bio+ driver down to a smooth $250. hard to beat that deal from a reputable seller. I checked and the discount and coupon can both be applied. I might be adding some Fairway woods to my bag!

That is insane!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was at golfsmith demoing a few clubs when the guy made a comment about my back spin numbers. I have had a backspin issue with my driver for ages, any driver in fact. I hit the ball higher than most people drive the ball. Anyway my launch angles were all between 16-19 degrees and my swing speed was around 102 but I could not hit any of the clubs I was trying past 240. He made a comment on how that shouldn't be but it is because my backspin was right around 5000RPM. He grabbed a bio cell+ for me to drive and I was at a loss for words. First drive I kid you not 270 carry and then another and another all in the 270-275 carry range. My backspin was down to 1600RPM and my launch angles were all the same. I tried the other clubs I was trying again and the spin was back over 4000. I actually watched the guy when he was switching colors for the shots to make sure nothing funny was going on. It took all of my power to not buy one right there. If I can hit it that well again against my current driver by Friday I will have one in my bag. The performance was just mind blowing for me plus its on sale and I have a coupon.

I was at golfsmith demoing a few clubs when the guy made a comment about my back spin numbers. I have had a backspin issue with my driver for ages, any driver in fact. I hit the ball higher than most people drive the ball. Anyway my launch angles were all between 16-19 degrees and my swing speed was around 102 but I could not hit any of the clubs I was trying past 240. He made a comment on how that shouldn't be but it is because my backspin was right around 5000RPM. He grabbed a bio cell+ for me to drive and I was at a loss for words. First drive I kid you not 270 carry and then another and another all in the 270-275 carry range. My backspin was down to 1600RPM and my launch angles were all the same. I tried the other clubs I was trying again and the spin was back over 4000. I actually watched the guy when he was switching colors for the shots to make sure nothing funny was going on. It took all of my power to not buy one right there. If I can hit it that well again against my current driver by Friday I will have one in my bag. The performance was just mind blowing for me plus its on sale and I have a coupon.
For some reason it performed very similar for me too? I hit it a number of times versus other drivers and whenever those comparisons occurred on a high end monitor, the biocell+ spin numbers were always MUCH lower than other offerings, including low spinners like SLDR or Alpha at various settings. Sadly, I don't have your swing speed or distance but I too launch high and spun many of the newer drivers like bertha, covert 2.0, jetspeed, optiforce, rfe, r1, xhot, rbz, d13, bio cell, amp cell, and g25 over 4000. l could get sldr, i25, and alpha down around 3200, but bio cell+ was always in the 1800-2400 range. The price drop and memorial day specials sealed the deal for me and I just ended my 6 month long quest to upgrade my old TM-R5 a few days ago. Just finished an extensive testing session dialing it in this evening and really loving what it does for me at either 9.5* or 8.5*. Do hit it outside though if you can before you buy (that goes for any club). I think you'll be pleased with it's flight and consistent accuracy.

35% off with code CPGFAMILY, cobragolf.com

Great deals, this brings the Bio Cell+ down below $200.

well now that is tempting

I was going to buy a bio cell driver and then shockingly they dont have any in LH. Of course.

thought you liked your Bertha?

I do like my Bertha and I am going to have 2 of them in July..haha I also LOVED my Amp Cell and the Bio Cell appears to be a little bit of an advancement on the Amp Cell. And it would have been extremely cheap. Oh well.

I do like my Bertha and I am going to have 2 of them in July..haha I also LOVED my Amp Cell and the Bio Cell appears to be a little bit of an advancement on the Amp Cell. And it would have been extremely cheap. Oh well.

What can you possibly do with 2 Bertha drivers?! One set to draw, and the other to fade? :)

What can you possibly do with 2 Bertha drivers?! One set to draw, and the other to fade? :)

LOL. I have no idea. I am currently gaming one and thats what I was fit for for the Morgan Cup. Stock shaft too. Haha. I guess I will just sell the one I am currently using.

well now that is tempting

that and few other offerings you can apply that too, but the + driver in PXv looks interesting to me.

If you apply the coupon code, it removes the 100$ off so its $259.99. Still cheaper but you cant combine both sadly otherwise I would have ordered it right now.

I spent quite a bit of time with this today. Plenty of forgiveness as I was all over the face tonight. I really like the look and it only took a couple of swings to find the right setting. I felt a little like Goldilocks as 8.5 was too low, 10.5 was too high, but 9.5 was just right.

I'm set on 9.5 right now also. I was catching some high on the face today and hitting some moon balls while only getting like high 1.3's smash factor. When I get to the center of the face and high 1.4's I get about 25 yards more carry.

But these lessons have my driver swing jacked. Way too many swing thoughts and my miss is a hard low pull when I get real armsy and come outside and across.

Definitely questioning by decision to go stiff shaft since I see a max of 95 SS and typically more like 92 with some dipping to 88 when trying to swing smooth and short.

I'm set on 9.5 right now also. I was catching some high on the face today and hitting some moon balls while only getting like high 1.3's smash factor. When I get to the center of the face and high 1.4's I get about 25 yards more carry.

But these lessons have my driver swing jacked. Way too many swing thoughts and my miss is a hard low pull when I get real armsy and come outside and across.

Definitely questioning by decision to go stiff shaft since I see a max of 95 SS and typically more like 92 with some dipping to 88 when trying to swing smooth and short.

Crazy to think my MC driver will be 4.5* higher in loft than your driver.

Crazy to think my MC driver will be 4.5* higher in loft than your driver.

It is funny. Of course we are on totally different spectrums of how we launch a ball.

I will spend time with your driver though....I'm curious for sure!

Back