Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Not sure I agree with you here buddy. The good news is that there are so many great areas, near there, that those awesome THPers that are in the area, can still travel to.
Read over the Chicago threads. Most of the time, the posts about THP Events, just get ignored. I mean not even looked at. In looking deeper, most from that thread even look into the event threads to see where they are located.

Look at the entries for Wilson as an example. I enjoy Chicago. So hosting events there has been something I have tried to do, when we can. But the participation from the area has to coincide with that. This weekend here is a good example of good location that IL members could still make possible. None coming. IN was another example.

Well I guess the chips will fall where they may. Here's hoping the non-participating Chicago folks get involved more and come out to play. Might need Rambler to go knocking down doors :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

What's done is done on that end. I'm just glad to play some golf with you guys while you dream about your cheesy hamburgers.

If we end up at Matt's bar you're in for a treat. The burgers are amazing. It's a total dive in there but is a cool atmosphere.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

I actually preferred the other one.

If we had an event like a Bridgestone Invitational in the Chicago/Milwaukee area I'd easily make the 6 hr drive. Im hoping to get a spot in the Wilson event. Indy was a bit too far for me (11 hrs) for only one round. A THP event at Whistling Straits would be unbelievable! Ok, they're all awesome but that one would be really cool.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Really any of our top notch courses in northeastern Wisconsin would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess the chips will fall where they may. Here's hoping the non-participating Chicago folks get involved more and come out to play. Might need Rambler to go knocking down doors :)

As long as your dad is running security for me, I'm good for it. :good: It is a topic better fit for, unfortunately, the Chicago thread (where I know JB has made some posts, previously). So, maybe this discussion can go over there to avoid tangents from the Minn/WI outing.

Really any of our top notch courses in northeastern Wisconsin would be awesome.

There are great courses in every area thankfully. The good news is that travel goes both ways and there are events everywhere. Hopefully some of the midwest crew from MN, WI, IL have a great time at a local event and want to experience something a bit more grand in style and come on out to a #THPEvent

LOVE IT!!!

I hope to attend an actual official THP event one of these days but I am just happy to be going out to Hudson and meeting and playing with folks.

I hope to attend an actual official THP event one of these days but I am just happy to be going out to Hudson and meeting and playing with folks.
We're glad you're going to make it too buddy! Looking forward to meeting some new THP'ers!

Drool, those babies look sweet!

Very nice!!! Left the 'Reserved for Puttin4Bird and Bubbles' sign off for the picture huh?

Very nice!!! Left the 'Reserved for Puttin4Bird and Bubbles' sign off for the picture huh?

I only need to bring one set down but Orange Hog hasn't told me which set he prefers yet.

FYI guys - I've come down with some mild cold/flu symptoms (minor body aches and a very slightly ticklish throat). They didn't keep me off the golf course today, although my game, such as it is, suffered greatly. I would have played the whole nine except for the arrival of threatening cloud cover.

Anyway, if things don't get worse I can still make it down no prob, but if things do get worse I may have to bail out. I can deal with a cough and stuffy head (not much different from my allergies), but full blown flu will sideline me.

Question: If it turns out to be just a cold, and it lingers until Saturday, would anyone prefer me to stay away? I'd hate to pass something on. I'll make the trip anyway, but I could skip the golf to keep you guys healthy! Just a thought.

Come on down LeftySean, just stay away from JB and you will be alright! Fist bumps all around.

I got out for my last tune up for this event today and I am glad I got all the bad shots out of my system!

No objections here lefty! Hope you make it!

No problem with me Lefty, hope you do make it, and get to feeling better.

Tappin pars

No objections here. Hope you feel better.

Drink some cheap whiskey.....it will kill whatever bad stuff is in ya. And if it doesn't at least you won't be feeling anything anyway due to said whiskey....win win situation. In all seriousness, hope you make it out.

Is it Saturday yet?

Is it Saturday yet?

3 days my good man, 3 days...(sorry had to be an a$$ and say it). I will say this though, if Mother Nature doesn't play nice, I'm gonna go all Jack Bauer on her a$$!

You guys are going to get yourselves in trouble talking that way! It'll be just fine I figure :)

sorry I am a horrible weather watcher, whenever I have something coming up that I am going to I start watching the weather channel, weather.com, noaa.com and all the other ones like a madman, it's a horrible habit.

I remember there was rain in the forcast for Des Moines last year, and we ended up with two sunny (if slighhtly chilly in the AM) days!

The cold symptoms are not getting worse, and it looks like Advil Cold & Sinus is taking care of them quite well, so I will be on my way tomorrow as planned.

Back