If you have ever purchased PING irons from the factory...

GeorgiaLefty87

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm happy to be making my first post here at the hackers paradise. I just ordered a set of PING G25s from my local Golf Exchange. I was fitted and ordered the yellow dot irons 5 through gap.

When the clubs arrived at the retailer from the PING factory, I was surprised at the packaging. My last set of clubs, Taylormade Rocketballs, came very nicely wrapped in foam sheets and place holders with all of the club heads individually shrink wrapped in plastic. After opening the box, I found my G25s "floating" individually in the box with only brown paper in between them. There were thin black fabric covers over each head, but there was no plastic on the club heads. I noticed a few blemishes on the neck of the club heads.

Is this standard packaging for PING? Having spent $700 on these irons, I expected much better packaging.

I love the clubs all the same, but I'm curious if others who have purchased PING irons have experienced similar packaging. Thanks in advance!

That seems fairly standard with the light cloth on each head. Usually the group is rubberbanded together as well. But we have not received goods from them that are in foam.

I got my PING G20 irons from the factory in the exact same style packaging. I think you're good to go.

The marks on the hosels are likely from loft/lie adjustments.

That's how my G15s came as well.

When the i25s arrived, the heads had individual iron covers, black foam material. I was extremely impressed w the packaging.

We had the additional bonus that our cats think that the iron head covers are pretty much the best toys ever.

I appreciate all the responses, fellas. So the consensus is that PING irons typically aren't packaged with foam or shrink wrapped plastic on the heads? My concern is because the 2 sets of irons I've previously purchased were sealed in plastic and wrapped in foam. I just want to make sure the clubs weren't tampered with after they left the factory. Chalk me down as someone who is meticulous about my golf equipment!

Yea black socks and rubber bands.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!!! And congrats on the new sticks! hit em long and straight!!

Mine also came as you described, but with an added paper tag around one shaft showing weights as it went through the manufacturing line.

Yep. Same with my I20's.

Rubber bands and cloth headcovers.

This is kind of surprising to me. I've always heard that PING really pays attention to details on things which is why I'd think they'd package a bit better.

This is kind of surprising to me. I've always heard that PING really pays attention to details on things which is why I'd think they'd package a bit better.

I thought it was fine honestly. Mine had zero marks.

I thought it was fine honestly. Mine had zero marks.

I'd just be worried that the chance of them bouncing around that they could easily take some cosmetic damage.

I think PING has done this for quite a while - my Mizzy's came direct and had nothing on the heads....but there were in a bunch of foam slots so they couldn't move around. That and besides PING's are bulletproof!

My G-20's arrived exactly as others described. Black "socks" on the iron head and they were all rubber banded together. Mine had no damage at all and I thought the packaging was more than adequate.

Unless like 5 rubber bands break you are safe!:bashful:

Haha sounds like most replies have no issues so it doesn't sound like it ever has been or I'm sure they'd change from complaints. I'm just super OCD and protective about my clubs.

Haha sounds like most replies have no issues so it doesn't sound like it ever has been or I'm sure they'd change from complaints. I'm just super OCD and protective about my clubs.

Me too. I get made fun of for my headcovers =(

Back