Odyssey Tank Putters Review Thread

Is anyone using the Tank with a "Super Stroke" type grip on it? Probably not allowed at this point but wonder what putting like a 2.0 slim on it would do for you.....if anything?

Is anyone using the Tank with a "Super Stroke" type grip on it? Probably not allowed at this point but wonder what putting like a 2.0 slim on it would do for you.....if anything?

Have a tank cruiser with long ss on it. Trying to get used to the 38. Going to edwin watts tomorrow to get a winn medium pro x put on my 34 versa tank 7. Will return the cruiser if I like the 7 tank with a bigger grip in 34.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

After playing around with the cruiser grip, I'd want a bit larger 17" grip on the versa 7 tank for sure. The stock grip is just a bit small for me, but the grippiness is certainly something I'll miss. The SS can't compare to it.

I sure hope SS puts out a non cruiser grip for odysseys.

Fellow Tank testers and aficionados - has anyone seen the 34" tank in the store anywhere? I'm intrigued to try that one, after getting some time with the 36".

After playing around with the cruiser grip, I'd want a bit larger 17" grip on the versa 7 tank for sure. The stock grip is just a bit small for me, but the grippiness is certainly something I'll miss. The SS can't compare to it.

I sure hope SS puts out a non cruiser grip for odysseys.

I am hoping SS put a grip out for the Tanks. I love those grips and I love this putter.

I am hoping SS put a grip out for the Tanks. I love those grips and I love this putter.

Bit OT but they are indeed going to bring a 15" grip later this year.

After putting the Tank head to head with the SeeMore SB CB, the versa paint scheme cannot be duplicated and will be missed on other putters.

It not only helps frame the ball at address, but has almost no glare whatsoever.

I'm a Versa fan for life!!!

Thank you all for the reviews.
This forum testing is finished.

Thank you for the opportunity! Learned a lot about counterbalancing and fell in love w/ Odyssey putters again in the process.

Thank you and Odyssey for the opportunity, it's been a pleasure and I'm so thankful to have had the chance to roll this amazing putter.

Fellow Tank testers and aficionados - has anyone seen the 34" tank in the store anywhere? I'm intrigued to try that one, after getting some time with the 36".

I have a 34" #7 versa if your interested. Never seen a round.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Thank you for the opportunity to test this incredible putter. Sure made a difference for me.

Testers, I want to say thank you for a job well done. Being a counterbalanced fan I enjoyed watching people's eyes being opened by the reviews you posted.

The only silver lining to an horrible round Sunday was my putting. My #7 versa Tank felt like I had been gaming her for years, not the maiden voyage it actually was. Only one 3 putt and that was a very long lag that I completely misread. As others have said try a Tank. Once you go CB you won't want to go back to a regular putter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Testers, I want to say thank you for a job well done. Being a counterbalanced fan I enjoyed watching people's eyes being opened by the reviews you posted.

The only silver lining to an horrible round Sunday was my putting. My #7 versa Tank felt like I had been gaming her for years, not the maiden voyage it actually was. Only one 3 putt and that was a very long lag that I completely misread. As others have said try a Tank. Once you go CB you won't want to go back to a regular putter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
QFT!!!

I know testing is over, but I wanted to chime in one more time about the tank. I played a course today whose greens are much much faster than the ones I typically play. I have had good success with the Tank so far, but I was still surprised at how well I putted today. I drained a couple long putts, one from about 35 feet from the back of the fringe. Distance control was excellent, and I've had trouble in that area at this course. I've also found that I've been able to get a set up routine that's mitigated some of the issues I've had with alignment on some of the shorter putts.

Sorry no pics yet, my phone was maxed out on memory yesterday. (But I'll get them tomorrow morning!)

I put a Flatso 17 on the Vera Tank 7, HOLY COW!!!!!! This thing is even more deadly, to start the round I had 3 straight 1 putts and probably the best putting round ever. If my other parts of my short game would have been as buttoned down it could have been an amazing round.

I didn't think I could fall more in love with this putter but with this larger grip I can't see it ever leaving the bag.

I know I had mentioned previously about the insert, but I don't know what my hesitation was about it, I love the feel now, the ball comes off nice and allows me to put a good roll on the putt while still keeping the feel and the ball rolls great off of it.

I have noticed how much the heavy head allows me to feel it during putts more, it really keeps my whole hands/arms still and allows me to just rock through the ball and watch the putts drop.

I think this iteration of the white hot insert is the best insert I have putted with, period.

The funny thing for me has been that the thing I thought I'd really struggle with due to the weight - distance control on long putts - was just an absolute non issue. Actually played a bit with my old putter which was the previous high watermark in this area on the practice green a bit the other day and it just wasn't even close.

Here's what the tank looks like with the flatso 17 on it's amazing!

It is amazing how deadly I feel with the Tank in the bag, I took the Seemore SB CB out to the course today for a little head to head, and it was no contest for the Tank. Not only did the results tell me it was better, but it felt and sounded better as well. There's just so much awesome going on in one package. The 38" added length really helps me feel stable during the stroke, I think the added weight helps with that as well, the insert really gives me a sound I'm looking for and the feel that allows me to drop the putts from long distance or lag up to a tap in. And the 7 head shape combined with the versa color scheme is so easy to look at and use at address.

Now that I think about it, that's probably what I said before, but it never hurts to repeat good news!

It is amazing how deadly I feel with the Tank in the bag, I took the Seemore SB CB out to the course today for a little head to head, and it was no contest for the Tank. Not only did the results tell me it was better, but it felt and sounded better as well. There's just so much awesome going on in one package. The 38" added length really helps me feel stable during the stroke, I think the added weight helps with that as well, the insert really gives me a sound I'm looking for and the feel that allows me to drop the putts from long distance or lag up to a tap in. And the 7 head shape combined with the versa color scheme is so easy to look at and use at address.

Now that I think about it, that's probably what I said before, but it never hurts to repeat good news!

I agree I was an early adopter of the 38" tank no versa but love it the more I use it. Nothing better than standing over a putt and feeling confident that you can make it.

swing your swing

You guys made this putter sound so fun I went out and picked up the #7v 38". It's been a while since I used a non blade but the ball is rolling strait. Need to see how well it works for lag putting.

You guys made this putter sound so fun I went out and picked up the #7v 38". It's been a while since I used a non blade but the ball is rolling strait. Need to see how well it works for lag putting.

Glad you found the reviews helpful.

Lag putting is the one area where the putter surprised me. I think my speed on lag putts has been better with the Tank than any other putter I've owned. Had a 40 footer with a couple feet of break and put it within inches.

I've had a chance to play a few rounds and work on the putting green a little. Little back story, I've had a Nike Oz T130 for what, 8-10 years now? I've tried to replace it, tried other putters, looked here and there, but nothing could knock it out of the bag. Until the Tank #7. I love the weight and feel of it. It's pull back. push straight thru and it's on line. Now, the one thing I have noticed, and maybe it's just me, or this time of year, or maybe it is reality, but the ball seems to just put out flaps when it slows down. It will roll....roll....roll......stop. Odd, but seems to allow me a little more confidence to "charge" a hole. I've noticed that most of my second putts (if there are any!!!!!) are extremely close. I've never been a spectacular putter, nor a 36 putt a round guy. I'm in the 28-30 range, but this thing is going to get me in the 26-28 range. I will take 2 less shots a round, and the confidence from 8 feet in that this thing gives me.

Back