Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Werd. I'll buy the card.
Confirming I bought the card.

I have 1 round available at the $32 rate for Saturday, if anyone is interested. Could be used for the Sunday round too, if anyone is playing both days. Lemme know.

For KC travelers. It is 2:20 from Corydon to the KC airport. It's another 30 minutes to the cabins.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

For KC travelers. It is 2:20 from Corydon to the KC airport. It's another 30 minutes to the cabins.

~Rock

Yep that's easy. If I have to make the drive Saturday morning it's no worry

I won't be home until like 1030-11 PM Friday but it's your call dude. I would never turn down a ride but that late I'm not sure you want to do that haha

We can make that work. I have family in KC I can visit.

We can make that work. I have family in KC I can visit.

Sounds good dude it's fine with me so if you are cool with it we can make it happen. Either leave early Saturday or Friday night

Wait just a second. Maybe I dreamed this, but didn't Jrod move to AZ or something?

~Rock

Was supposed to be this fall but we realized it sucked so it fell through.

Sounds good dude it's fine with me so if you are cool with it we can make it happen. Either leave early Saturday or Friday night

Will work perfect for me. Would
make the last leg of my drive much easier :)

Well...glad to keep you here and hopefully you can make this....you know we have winter, right? Like, awful winters?

~Rock

Arizona sucks? I'm not sure we're thinking of the same place.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Well after an eventful night last night in this thread, I've updated the first post.

If I did it correctly, I've got sleuth down for Saturday AM & PM, TexasHacker down for Saturday and Sunday, and JRod as a maybe.

Just 2 days left to get discounted green fees people. Hop on in.

~Rock

Best hole of the Corydon golf course, today is Hole No. 4. It's called "Piece a Cake." Apparently they did not have strong grammar skills when the course was made, because it should be "Piece OF Cake."

255 yard par 4. It is slightly uphill, but not enough to matter. There's nothing especially tricky about the green either. When the ground is firm, even shorter hitters can nestle up to this green. Unless you miss big, there's very little risk in going for this green, so grip it and rip it. Besides, how many times can you say you eagled a Par 4?

~Rock

Got a hold of my cousins. . After golfing go drive up & see em. I may even get to go do aerobatics in his Stearman biplane...again. woohoo..best roller coaster ride ever

Its extremely hard to focus on work right now

Its extremely hard to focus on work right now

Shoot, I got a cycle trip to Ar. next weekend.
Edit to add: go see my biker family

Yea, I have vacation next week, which also isnt helping my focus. But it will get me one week closer to this event.

~Rock

I've got vacation at the end of July.... But Ive got a bunch of little getaways lined up in the meantime

I've got vacation at the end of July.... But Ive got a bunch of little getaways lined up in the meantime

Are you blessing the local villages with your royal presence? Should we warn the peasants to gather gifts to present to you upon arrival?

Summer is good for lots of extended weekends, when you can make it work in your schedule.

~Rock

Haha....my presence is hardly royal. It's more like a ninja...hardly noticed and gone without a trace.

I'm still bummed I can't make this.

I'm still bummed I can't make this.

I'm bummed that when I saw you had posted in here, you weren't announcing that you could make it. We'll get a birdie in your honor.

~Rock

I'm bummed that when I saw you had posted in here, you weren't announcing that you could make it. We'll get a birdie in your honor.

~Rock

Haha I really wish that was the case, especially after playing this past weekend with Bulldog, Nebgolfer and Rhyno.

Going to miss ya.. and WTC.. I shot my worst score for 9 in like forever.
Good news didn't break anything. But gawd I wanted to

Today's hole is Corydon No. 5. It is a 210 yard par 3 with a green that slopes heavily to the right and a bit away from you. You actually can't see the green while teeing off, although you can see much of the flag, so it's not totally blind. The hole is called Shot Gun Alley. I don't know why. It's rural Iowa. If you miss, you want to miss big right. A miss left has you pitching/chipping down hill with not much green to work with. Miss a little to the right, you'll be in a line of trees separating two fairways. Miss big right, you'll be in a neighboring fairway with an open shot and hitting into the upslope of the green. Or you could hit straight, get on the green, and 2 putt your way to the next hole.

~Rock

Back