Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Apple invented the swipe keyboard....

No, but before Android fans get all up in a tizzy it was on Windows Mobile before Android.

It syncs the same as syncing music. Just go to the tab and check sync ringtones. It should allow you then to highlight the tones you want on the phone. Them just click sync.

Were these tones you bought through iTunes or acquired through other means? If not from iTunes, it's possible you don't have them in the correct format.

In ITunes and will not since updating last week

Thinking about getting a GoPro. What model does everyone have and why?

Also, what are some must have accessories?

I ahve the Silver.
FWIW, while its a fun gadget, I dont think they are worth the money.

I ahve the Silver.

Thanks for being honest, sir! Maybe I'll wait until they drop in price then.

Thanks for being honest, sir! Maybe I'll wait until they drop in price then.

I know lots of people love them. I can tell you if it was not for work at THP Events, I would never ever use one. But thats just me.

I know lots of people love them. I can tell you if it was not for work at THP Events, I would never ever use one. But thats just me.

The battery life is just soooooo awesome though. Hahahaha

I ahve the Silver.

I agree. I borrowed a friends for a day on the course and while it was a neat thing to have...I am not into photography and video so I would not benefit from buying one.

I love the GoPro I have, but it's headed to eBay. It simply doesn't get used enough.

I think it is really really cool... and I thought about getting one, but unfortunately I don't think I would ever use it.

I think it is really really cool... and I thought about getting one, but unfortunately I don't think I would ever use it.

This sums it up well for me. Its a very cool device. However it takes average photos and average video and has horrible battery life. I understand the use for it for what they are intended and it works really well for our intended use at events, but outside of that, I would never use it.

This sums it up well for me. Its a very cool device. However it takes average photos and average video and has horrible battery life. I understand the use for it for what they are intended and it works really well for our intended use at events, but outside of that, I would never use it.

I think when I see things like the videos that Chad does and the one from Shane Bacon at that golf course in Arizona, I get excited, but then I realize I don't have a drone, and besides golf I don't think I would ever in a million years use it.

I have the hero 2 and its cool but I don't use it for as much as I thought I would haha. I use primarily for skiing in the mountains and its really great for that but otherwise it just kinda sits. I can just use my phone for everything else. For accessories tho I made my own mono pod and then bought the LCD screen (my version didn't come with one) so I'd say those to start

A guy at work got one and called me over to his desk the other day and said 'Yo, I got a gopro, check this out!'

He proceeded to show me a slightly sped up video of him driving to work. He drives a honda accord. And was driving the speed limit. 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

You guys gotta remember it's more for like action sports haha like Jlukes said, who the hell wants to watch a guy drive in town? I will give it a bit more credit tho my video quality is great and so are the pictures, I think maybe some could tweek their settings to get better results. The 1080p footage I have is actually really nice but I'll definitely agree the battery life isn't the best. I've had some help me with some settings for that too which have helped but still can't get more than a few hours of use (sucks while in the mountains and it dies). Kinda a specialized thing I guess. Action yes, town driving no

You guys gotta remember it's more for like action sports haha like Jlukes said, who the hell wants to watch a guy drive in town? I will give it a bit more credit tho my video quality is great and so are the pictures, I think maybe some could tweek their settings to get better results. The 1080p footage I have is actually really nice but I'll definitely agree the battery life isn't the best. I've had some help me with some settings for that too which have helped but still can't get more than a few hours of use (sucks while in the mountains and it dies). Kinda a specialized thing I guess. Action yes, town driving no

In comparison to a flip or a cell phone you are dead right. But in comparison to what we normally shoot on, neither are anywhere near up to par.

In comparison to a flip or a cell phone you are dead right. But in comparison to what we normally shoot on, neither are anywhere near up to par.

Well yeah there's no doubt about it. I'm sure you guys use nice professional cameras for photo stuff right? There's definitely no comparison, like you said I meant more against cell phones or the other POV action cameras (I've tried a bunch). Sorry should of specified haha. My sister is into photography and her pictures are 10000 nicer with an actual professional camera

I hate apple.

In the short term I am not a fan of it, but if it provides for lossless audio and specific app control via the headphones I am not opposed to the idea. Im sure Bose can make an adapter for my QC15's so I think its a whole lot of noise about nothing.

Heard about this last week. Of course it makes sense for Apple.
Buy Beats, make proprietary plug so you have to buy their stuff.
Make consumers spend more.
Cant wait to hear the outcries about not being able to listen and charge at the same time.

I'm sure theyll sell an adapter for that!

I'm sure theyll sell an adapter for that!

Of course they will. Overpriced without a doubt.
Then when people are sick of having to carry around a stupid adapter, they will buy Beats.

3.5 is pretty much the only standard port out there...And now its gone too.

Apples tries very hard to force you to commit solely to their products. Sadly it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back