Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

What's up TeeJay!

He's playing at Renwood in Round Lake. Sorry to interject :D

Ha, thanks! How is that? I used to play on a baseball team out of Round Lake Beach...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is that?

I still have that shaft riding around in my trunk for you! Sorry I haven't got it to you yet, things have been crazy here just had our third child (girl) last Sunday.

Renwood golf course...with my Sunday regular group. 19 of us today.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of photos from Jackson Park.. I practiced on a few holes this morning.
aqu7e9e2.jpg

eduve8ev.jpg

yzyvubum.jpg

9adapaqe.jpg

agy6yzyh.jpg

I played that same hole in a round a couple of days earlier and scored a 6 so im improving.
ma8asuby.jpg

esenabu4.jpg

Ha, thanks! How is that? I used to play on a baseball team out of Round Lake Beach...

It's not bad. It's one of the cheapest courses around. Kind of like two different courses in one. Front is more of a prairie style, and the back is more traditional. It's short, but the front has a decent amount of trouble and you have to plan your next shot. The back is straight and short, but VERY small greens and more trees. It's a decently fun track, and the price is tough to beat for 18 holes.

@drp How do you like those Burner 2.0 Irons? They're cavity backs? I was looking to upgrade my irons and TM might be the brand I go with..

We ask that we keep the local geographic threads to topics about that. To discuss equipment and other things we offer thousands of threads and are always welcoming more.

Thanks for understanding.

We ask that we keep the local geographic threads to topics about that. To discuss equipment and other things we offer thousands of threads and are always welcoming more.

Thanks for understanding.

Sorry about that...and thanks Tim.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

No worries brother. Glad to have you here.

Just a quick heads up for anybody looking to compete.

99th Cook County Amateur
June 26th-28th
Deadline for entries is June 12, 2014
June 25th - Qualifier
June 26th - 28th - Match Play

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Public Entry Fee: $50 Per Player (Qualifying round is included in entry fee. Green fees required for each subsequent round.)

You can check it out at CPD Golf.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

If anyone can sneak in a round before work I booked 2 spots at Bartlett Hills 6:15 am this fri. Pace of play is usually great..3:30 or better.

I'm looking for a round Saturday and/or sunday if anyone's free.

I'm looking for a round Saturday and/or sunday if anyone's free.

CaptainCaution is looking to play 36 Saturday.

CaptainCaution is looking to play 36 Saturday.

I've got a round in the works early Saturday morning at Jackson Park. New thper teejay might be joining.

I've got a round in the works early Saturday morning at Jackson Park. New thper teejay might be joining.

I currently have a 6:22 tee time for 4 at Jackson Park. LMK if you want to join.

Playing harborside port for the first time friday. Hope it lives up to the hype. Got a great deal at $53 too. Can't wait!

You know I'm already in!

Let's go Chicago folks!

I'd love to make the drive but being social media illiterate I can't enter. :beat-up:

Two hours is nothing to make a thp event!

I'd love to make the drive but being social media illiterate I can't enter. :beat-up:

Two hours is nothing to make a thp event!

Come on, twitter is the only reason you're not entering???

You realize THP is basically social media...

Come on, twitter is the only reason you're not entering???

You realize THP is basically social media...

I do.i have been a part of online forms since AOL and and before and feel comfortable with them.i just don't have the time to devote to tweeting and face booking that events like these deserve. So maybe illiterate was the wrong word

outside of forms I just don't enjoy social media. I have tried numerous times and don't really find it entertaining. .

Completely understand that brother. The good news about this event is its a single tweet. One won't have to do it at the event or anything else.

Completely understand that brother. The good news about this event is its a single tweet. One won't have to do it at the event or anything else.

That's just not fair top you guys or Wilson staff though. Things like this deserve to be talked about where people can see it!

Back