Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
4i from 210 yards to 15' hole high.

I was a quarter inch from my second ace. The 110 yard 9:00 PW burned the edge and came to stop about a foot from the pin. Tap in birdies are a nice consolation prize.

Left my approach shot short, and my chip on to the green - didn't make it and rolled back into the bunker. My bunker shot hit the base of the flag and almost went down. Tap - in bogey.

Approach shot on a par 5. 4 iron from the fairway. My miss lately with mid and long irons has been that I haven't committed to the shot and just fan it off to the right. Put a great swing on it and committed to hit and hit it to about 15 feet didn't make the eagle, but had a nice two putt birdie.

One of the few solid swings I made today:

116 yd par 3 (pin only 3 paces on in the front) choked down GW hit barely on the green, bounced forward once and stopped 2 feet away from the flag.

Easiest birdie I think I have every had.

Would have to be the par 3 second today. 150something, hit 8 iron to about 4 feet and made the bird.

I hit a beautiful short flop shot to 2 feet to save par.

Other great shot was a 265 yard drive straight down the middle. It was the only hole I used driver and really showed the work I've been doing at the range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2nd hole, par 4, 319 yard drive. High, slight draw that cleared the top of the trees and dropped on to the fairway. I literally did a double-take while it was still in the air!!! Haven't been that close to that green in a few years!!! Thanks, Alpha!!!

Tried a new course yesterday. First hole was a long par 3 approximately 220. I drove the green and pared it which should have been a birdie. Good thing was, it was straight and where I was aiming lol

Best shot yesterday was either a hybrid on a 210 par 3 to 4 ft or a 15 yard bunker shot from a deep bunker to 5 ft on a par 5

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

On the par-5 11th at Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club, I hit driver then 4-iron to about 12 feet and then lipped out the eagle putt. It hurts to miss out on an eagle, but a tap-in birdie is always good.

Even though I had a bad round yesterday, I did have a couple of nice shots

Hit a 60 yard wedge to 18 inches to save par after hitting the tee shot in the water

Had a 50 yard bunker shot that I hit crisp and put lots of spin on it and then drained the 20 foot putt for a really nice sand save.

82 yd pitch shot with 50* wedge rolled past the flag to 3 ft. I thought it was going in. Sucks I had an errant tee shot and the 3 footer was for par.

Last edited:
I'm going with the chip on the 15th. Was about 55m, decided to do a bump and run. About 40cm too long, maybe 5cm to the right. Tap in birdie.

I had a shot yesterday from 148, uphill. Pin was tucked in back corner of green with not a lot of room around it. Kind of a sucker pin.

High draw with a 9i to inside three feet. Easily the best shot of the round.

552 yard par 5. Hit driver and had 257 left. Hit the BB 3 wood to 16' and nailed the eagle putt.

165 yd par 3 about an hour ago I hit a full 8 iron with a nice, high baby draw and the ball came in soo steep it dropped 2 feet from the cup and took a 6 inch hop left to leave me with a tap in birdie. The wind was left to right about 20 mph so it was more of a knock down shot even though I took a full swing. Depending on the wind I usually hit a 3 quarter 7 but I was stretched out and warmed up..pretty gusty today in the Salinas valley. At any rate I played 9 and shot 37 on a par 35 back 9 so 2 over....my putting was right on time today. Not bad considering the windy swirling gusts and conditions.

About a 30 foot chip in from just behind the green--too much fringe to Putt, so it was just a mini flop right on line to roll in down hill.

par 5 opening hole... Driver, 4 hybrid, left with 105 yards to back pin. New SM5 54 10* bounce/M grind (KBS Tour 90 shaft), nice high shot landed softly 18 inches from cup.. Tweet, birdie.

Two good ones today while playing Cypresswood Tradition with Johnny Hack. 2nd hole one hopped and hit the pin from about 90 yards and left me a tap in birdie, and then closed it out on 18 a 496yard par 5 into the wind, hit my best drive of the day and followed that up by drilling 3 wood onto the green from about 230 into the breeze, left myself about 25 foot eagle putt which missed by just a couple of inches and tapped in for birdie #2.

1st drive of the year went 280 down the right side of the fairway. The rest of day was 240-250 except for one close to 300. After the 1st drive the
rest was all downhill for the day. But it's golf and it beats work. :banana:

Par 3 188 yards, hit hybrid to pin high about 10-12 feet left of the hole and then made the birdie putt.

Par 5 yesterday, drive was just left of the fairway with 220 into a slight breeze, pulled my Adams Pro 3h and really stepped on it and it just soared and had a baby fade on it and ended up with a 20' Eagle putt.

Ball landed over a small creek into a very small hazard area on the left corner before the green, but on solid ground. Jumped over the creek into the tall grass and made solid contact with my SW and somehow swung right through the grass that caught my club and the ball landed about 12' from pin.

Today played 9holes in Md... Light rain the entire time at Oakmont Green, on a long Par 4 I was 212 out for my 2nd shot with the ball slightly off the fairway on the 1st cut.

Took out 3i and hit it straight down the gut and came up on the edge of the green... on a normal day with no rain it would have rolled up on the green with the pin in the center middle... But was very happy with the result of this 2nd shot

<+>< Ps 46:1 ><+>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back