Do you keep your milstone balls?

Is your collection as nonexistent as mine?

I thought for a minute you had one. I was wondering how I missed that. I also lack one, because aces are stupid.

As of now the only ball I've kept is the ball my 4 year old used to play his first real round with. It's a Srixon Jr Star and he played the whole round with it. I'll have it with me until the day I die

I'm waiting for the magical sub-80 round to start a collection! Or a hole in one...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've kept 3 balls. The most recent was last July when I shot my age (67) for the first time. I've also got the ball from when I made my second-ever double eagle about 3 years ago. The third, and definitely the most special, I've kept since June 29, 2002 when I shot 63 in the final round of an NCGA point event. My 69-63 for 132 won by 5, and I can still remember vividly every shot of that Sunday round. I've never done anything close to that ever since, but it's a great memory.

2 aced balls, my first par 5 eagle ball and my first par 4 eagle ball.

I have my very first eagle ball and the first ball ive ever split open, don't know why lol.

I guess if i get an Ace i might

If I get a hole in one, I will keep it. Otherwise, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep my personal best balls. And if I'm ever lucky enough to get a hole-in-one, I'll keep those as well.

I don't have any yet. I'd save an ace, an eagle (never had one), and probably would now keep a PB.

I've kept the ace, and the 6 eagles. On each I marked the date, course and hole. The ace is in its own little trophy, but the rest are on a golf ball rack that that my dad and I built, in my mancave.

My golf enabler buddies at work have a "rack of fame" , currently residing in my office ... whenever someone holes out (long chip / pitch in, epic putt, birdie run, eagle, etc) - the ball is saved & marked up to commemmorate the shot in the annals of time on the rack of fame (it's just one of those wooden display racks). Top shelf relegated to eagles (no aces between us yet). Fun tradition though ... always good to get one "for the rack". Funny, the women in the office always seem to have a different idea when we talk about the rack of fame - LOL

I only have the ball I've shot my lowest round ever with and the ball I shot a hole in one with. All others I just use :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2. My lowest round and my singles win last year at the Morgan Cup.

I'm not really that sentimental so none yet. I would think a HIO would be a good reason to keep one though... Maybe a big tournament win or a round in the 70s.

I kept my 1st ever eagle ball, but that's because I holed out from 112 yards on a par 4. I would keep any HOI ball but that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have my 10 Eagle balls, and my Albatross, as well as my low round ball. No HIO as of yet but 7 of my Eagles have been hole outs from the fairway. Not long enough to get on many par 5's in two.

Just my Par 4 hole in one ball. If I get another HIO I'd probably keep it too.

I have my first ball I shot an even round with in college and my hole in one ball.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yes to this. I always keep a ball if I shoot a new best personal round. Also keep eagles b/c they are rare for me! The weird thing is I even keep one ball of each new brand/model ball I try once it's unplayable (scuffs, cuts, etc.). I call this my "x-out" collection, kept in egg containers for now! Over time, it's kinda cool to compare them to newer models...

I just looked at mine and forget that I keep my ball from the first time I ever broke 80, which happened to be at my home course, it was a 76 and I wrote that and the date on the ball.

I have 3. My pb, my first round and the first round with my father... other than that they end up in the shag bag or the golf gods.

Back