2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

My Picks are IN!!!!

Boy, seeing all these pictures of the reworked #2 - with the tall whispy grass, sandy waste areas, natural look and feel, some undefined / rustic sand areas, and tall trees - the course is visually reminiscent of Bandon Trails (another Coers/Crenshaw design).

Last edited:
Well, it was a bit of a tough decision as I was swapping backwards and forwards between a few names but my entry is in...fingers crossed

Picks came running in yesterday and still plenty of time. Going to be a very happy winner, that is for sure.

Indeed there is and what a contest it is. I really do hope Phil is able to pull it off and get the grand slam, watching the Payne show and seeing him there and watching how well he played that course was fantastic. C'mon Phil!!

Spent the day at Pinehurst. I'm a Florida boy and play, run, spend a lot of time out in the heat, and have to say that yesterday was a scorcher. Pretty humid at the course - it'll be a test of endurance. Some of those Euro golfers looked like they were going to drop from dehydration. I expect that there will be a few thunderstorms in the afternoons as things heat up every day - another tournament w/ rain delays most likely.

10457754_761739223857409_2080239727823234211_o.jpg

Last edited:
10410319_761743060523692_9100874852456557387_n.jpg

A note about this one. State troopers were watching me take this picture. They either thought 1) the guy is going to steal a ball from the practice bag, or 2) the guy is a nutjob taking pictures of practice golf balls.

Another incredible contest...I still have time to get to the today or tomorrow and get my picture and picks in.

Thanks THP and Callaway

That is just nuts they made that a par 4. I freaking hate when par 4's are 430 I couldn't imagine playing one that long. Wonder how many birdies are going to come out of this hole.

That is just nuts they made that a par 4. I freaking hate when par 4's are 430 I couldn't imagine playing one that long. Wonder how many birdies are going to come out of this hole.
Andrew, pretty sure it's always been a par 4, but they just lengthed the Championship tees. For most resort guests i believe it played about 450 or so. I just remember hitting a good drive and still having FW in...ha. it is the only hole on #2 with water. But it doesn't come into play as it is a very small pond just in front of the member/resort tees.

Yea I was watching the golf channel last night and they were talking about this hole and another one where they switch them from a par 4 to a par5 and par 5 to a par 4. Also sounds like there confused on what really is considered a bunker there. I guess there is all kinds of sand but there's sand off the fairway and in native grasses, so does that consider to be a bunker?? They said every group will have a official so they can just call them over and ask. (Also you get my email from last night)
Andrew, pretty sure it's always been a par 4, but they just lengthed the Championship tees. For most resort guests i believe it played about 450 or so. I just remember hitting a good drive and still having FW in...ha. it is the only hole on #2 with water. But it doesn't come into play as it is a very small pond just in front of the member/resort tees.

As a spectator, you really feel a little far away from the action compared to other tournaments that I usually attend. Guess Donald Ross didn't consider "Stadium Golf" in his course design. They (USGA) do have a ton of stands put up, more than I've seen at any tournament that I've been to. It is hot and dusty out there - pretty uncomfortable. I imagine that when 40,000 fans (or whatever the number), the place will be hot/dusty/miserable.

So I guess my point is, the best place to watch the event will be watching the big screen HDTV with the computers on with leaderboards, and alternative internet streaming coverage. I guess that can be said for any tournament anymore.

Pick(s) in!

Thanks for all the pics Tampa Golfer!

Back