2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Just looking at the TV coverage, seems to me that there's only 2 hrs of coverage by NBC or the first two rounds......along w the Golf Channel's "Live @" Show - which is a studio show, right? Seems to me that there isn't enough actual tournament play coverage. Am I missing something? Is GC showing a few hours of actually play?

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/golf-channel-nbc-sports-us-open-coverage/

I believe ESPN has full coverage before and
after NBC coverage.

Just looking at the TV coverage, seems to me that there's only 2 hrs of coverage by NBC or the first two rounds......along w the Golf Channel's "Live @" Show - which is a studio show, right? Seems to me that there isn't enough actual tournament play coverage. Am I missing something? Is GC showing a few hours of actually play?

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/golf-channel-nbc-sports-us-open-coverage/

Direct TV has four channels dedicated to coverage a day long

try this one: http://www.usopen.com/en_US/champ_experience/viewing_schedule.html

Thurs/Friday

ESPN: 9:00 AM EDT - 3:00 PM EDT
NBC: 3:00-5:00
ESPN:
6:00 PM EDT - 7:00 PM EDT

Direct TV has four channels dedicated to coverage a day long

Obviously you're our THP man on the ground! Thanks for the great pictures and giving us a feel for place! I've only been to one Major, the '85 Open at Oakland hills. I did see the famous double hit by Chen. Are you there for the whole week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooops, meant to quote TampaGolfer

Obviously you're our THP man on the ground! Thanks for the great pictures and giving us a feel for place! I've only been to one Major, the '85 Open at Oakland hills. I did see the famous double hit by Chen. Are you there for the whole week?

I was going to be there for 3 practice rounds, but got my fill in one day.

It's pretty freaking cool that a bunch of THPers will be at SeeMore HQ during this tournament with the Payne tie in.

Picks came running in yesterday and still plenty of time. Going to be a very happy winner, that is for sure.

Maybe another Callaway birthday gift for ole Tazz this year =)

It's pretty freaking cool that a bunch of THPers will be at SeeMore HQ during this tournament with the Payne tie in.

I missed this news, what's the scoop JB?

I missed this news, what's the scoop JB?

There is a THP Event this weekend. Been up for months.
It's at SeeMore putters and will be very special.
Payne won the US Open using a SeeMore.

As a spectator, you really feel a little far away from the action compared to other tournaments that I usually attend. Guess Donald Ross didn't consider "Stadium Golf" in his course design. They (USGA) do have a ton of stands put up, more than I've seen at any tournament that I've been to. It is hot and dusty out there - pretty uncomfortable. I imagine that when 40,000 fans (or whatever the number), the place will be hot/dusty/miserable.

So I guess my point is, the best place to watch the event will be watching the big screen HDTV with the computers on with leaderboards, and alternative internet streaming coverage. I guess that can be said for any tournament anymore.

I was wondering about that having watched the Live From coverage last night and this morning.

Picks are in. I have went over and over with this and my fantasy line up. I keep going back to Phil. I didn't want to pick him, I wanted to use my head not my heart. Something about the last US Open here. Something magical is going to happen.

Right??

Right???

I hope!

Picks are in..... Sorry for the jinx to the Callaway guys

woohoo found my BB win Phil's Money paper they gave me....#DiggingintheTrash

Teaser! Payne was the man! Wonder what this is all about...

I was thinking just that when I realized how we would be there that weekend. Can't wait to hear the stories that will be told about him and many others.

My entry is in....but.....after re-reading the op, my bonus money photo might not qualify.
I took a photo of me in Dick's, standing in front of the "Big Big Bertha Payday" display where all the drivers are.
Unfortunately you can't actually see the clubs. I am terrible at taking "selfies".

JB, I am totally impressed with this .. what an incredible competition!
I guess one could say in advance, the ole cliché .. "remember us when you're famous" lol!

Good luck to everyone! I'll close my eyes and perhaps throw 3 darts at some names and see what happens. :banana:

All of our major events are grand like this one brother. Top notch prizes.
And for an even more grand THP Experience, the THP Events are in a class by themselves.

All of our major events are grand like this one brother. Top notch prizes.
And for an even more grand THP Experience, the THP Events are in a class by themselves.
And sooo I have noticed by "searching" and TRYING to get caught up on all the "events" and these "contests" wow!

This is indeed a very impressive forum, and with a substantially knowledgeable and very professional membership.
I do look forward to meeting other members in Las Vegas. I'm on a pretty limited time schedule with crazy work hours ATM though.

Once again, great effort on THP's part in putting this all together.
Someone's whole life is going to change because of someone else's good intentions.
It'll be fun to follow this thread to say the least! :thumb:

Picks are in and fingers are crossed!

Back