Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Todays hole is Corydon No. 8. 220 yard par 3, called "past your shot." I have no idea what that means. This is the trickiest of the par 3s because the terrain is very undulating around the green. Par here is good. Road borders the right edge, so dont hit right. Left is some thick, nasty rough with lots of trees.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Hmmm....rambler has a 5 wood perfect for that hole.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Final hole for Corydon. Today is Corydon No. 9. A 374 yard par 4 called "Gotcha." I can only assume that name refers to the fact that if you slice the ball (right handed), and get into the trees, the trees are unlikely to let you back out.

This is the only hole on the course that isn't straight. A dog leg right, with the dog leg 274 yards from the tee. Shorter hitters need to hug the left edge of the fairway so that trees don't block their approach shot. If you can hit 250, you should still aim for the left edge, but if you leak a bit right, the trees will no longer block you. The downfall to hitting a bit further is you are likely going to be hitting off a downslope to an elevated green for your approach.

So ends the corydon golf course. We'll start in with The Preserve tomorrow.

~Rock

Well I'm ready for this already! Let's hope the rain is done with!

Sir Rock
Should I bring my clickgear for Friday's round?

If you want to walk, I guess you can, but ive got enought carts lined up for everyone. So no, you dont need to.

~Rock

K..I'll leave it behind

Today we get to the holes at the preserve. 1st hole is a par 5, nothing special or tricky about it. A bunker is in play off the tee on the left. For you slicers, its much more open to the right off the tee than it appears on the tee box.

golf_card_hole_1.jpg

~Rock

With sad tidings I have to officially bow out of the maybe and will not be able to attend. With travel schedule unsure and having to move before the middle of July, just not timely. You guys will have a blast! Shotgun one for me

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I have 3 extra punches if anyone needs a punch.

I'm still trying to get Danny to come so he may need those punches :)

They're here if they're needed.

And the countdown continues....

dynehe5u.jpg

golf_card_hole_2.jpg

Good morning from sunny Las Vegas.

Today is hole 2 at the preserve. Another par 5. This is reachable in two with a solid drive. You can play it safe and aim down the fairway to the left off the tee, or try and cut the corner by teeing to the right. A bunker waits on the right to catch those who dont hit it far enough. If you cut the corner and miss the bunker, you may be hitting your second from the rough.

The green can be divided into two sections, front half and back half, with a valley splitting the two sections. Be on the correct section. Thankfully, the preserve come with full color screen gps on the cart to show you pin location and the carry distance of bunkers off the tee.

Finally, we have 4 discounted rate punches available, which means 2 more people can get in on this event on the cheap for both days! Supplies limited, join now.

~Rock

Thanks for doing this Rock! I am very excited to get in 54 holes with THPers

Don't blowup the thread while I'm off
Rollin down the highway, lookin for adventure this weekend.
enehuty7.jpg

Only in Iowa would they start out with two par 5's.

Really wanted to make this but it's been a crazy summer, wrecked my back due to a crazy cart partner that got all pissed off after getting yelled at by ranger, he hit the gas before I was seated and two weeks later and lots of chiropractor work I can now get out of a chair with out crazy pain. Good news is my Chiro told me to go play golf yesterday, but there is no way I can do multiple days in a row. Those who are going have fun, and someone hit a sacrificial ball into the lake for me.

golf_card_hole_3.jpg

today is the 3rd hole at the preserve. Usually a straight forward hole, but if the pin is in the back right, 3 putts are likely.

I dare you to tee off from the tips on this.

~Rock

Thought there was a local rule that stated Royalty must play the tips?

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Wish you could have succeeded!

Im pretty sure he did, you just dont know it yet.

~Rock

I wish that were true....He's dipping out for fireworks. I've failed....Miserably.

One less person to take/give dollar bills to.

Im pretty sure he did, you just dont know it yet.

~Rock

Just got the punch card in the mail. Boom! Hacker and I are all set.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back