2014 ESPN Best Ball Majors Challenge/The U.S. Open

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This thread is for the 2014 ESPN Best Ball Majors Challenge/The Masters. As with last year, this year includes all 4 majors. The rules, FAQ's and how to plat pages are linked to from here: http://games.espn.go.com/best-ball-pga-majors/2014/en/game

Pick a team of four golfers per round, not exceeding a $50 million salary cap. You can change players every round, so keep up on who is doing well and who is missing the cut!

YOU ARE ABLE TO ENTER LAST YEAR'S GROUP.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST! JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS.

We've been doing this as individual tournaments in past years but this year (as last year) we can also have the Grand Slam winner, for people who participate in all four events. We had 40 people participate in at least one tournament last year. Let's see if we can get more than that to participate in all four this year!

See the website below for all the rules and how to play. Only thing different is you must use your THP name or it will be removed, and only one entry per person.

The second challenge begins June 12 with The U.S. Open. You can get in until the first group tees off.

USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY!!!

Website: http://games.espn.go.com/best-ball-pga-majors/en/frontpage
Group Name: THP Best Ball Majors 2014
Password: Hackers

(USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY!!!)

Sign up and look for this under Private Groups. You must use the password to get in. Make sure you are actually in the group. If something happens and you aren't there, there's nothing I can do!

THIS IS A LOCKED GROUP. ONCE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS, YOU CAN'T GET IN OR LEAVE. I WILL OPEN IT UP AGAIN BEFORE THE BRITISH OPEN PART OF THIS CHALLENGE.

2014 Challenge winners:
The Masters: marker81 (-47)
The U.S. Open:
The British Open:
PGA Championship:

2013 Grand Slam Winner: marker81 (-147), four shots clear of second place. He was also in the top 0.3% nationally.

Current overall standings:

finalstandingsfrommasters_zpscfda4937.png

Reserved.

Got my picks in!

My picks are in.... Cannot do much worse than Augusta

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Got my picks including one guy if he does well, I'll definitely be in contention...ha

Made picks earlier today, ground to make up.

Thanks Smalls for re-posting this. My picks are in.

Thanks for setting this up! I'm in

IN! I hope I remember to change players. I forgot to do that for The Masters.

Get your picks in!

Got mine in. This will be fun!!!

I missed the masters, but I am in for this one... Hope I picked well for Thursday!

Cool, always good to get new faces in for these!

nice, mancest! These are always a blast. Glad you joined in.

Looks like a few from last time forgot about this time. Still time for them to get in this!

Round 1 standings:

bestballusopen1_zpsebc02057.jpg

Round 2 standings:

bestballusopen2_zps8aa5db95.jpg

Oh man I forgot about this win. Darn it

Made my picks.

I got the reminder and actually set up my squad. I think I've actually had a best ball bogey or 2 this week. ACK.

Round 3:

bestballusopen3_zps59cee65a.jpg

alright, I'm ready for tomorrow. I'm pretty happy how my team has done, considering I've rolled with my first picks till now. Made some changes though tonight as I need to go low.

Just realized I posted the overall standings, not the tournament standings earlier.

bestballusopen3_zps18a50bbb.jpg

Back