2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

He was done yeasterday when he was crying about how unfriendly the greens are
Yup, course kicked his butt before he even teed off today. Needs to get that head fixed.

Yup, course kicked his butt before he even teed off today. Needs to get that head fixed.
I think the way the US open is set it really makes it hard ro recover from a bad shot which takes Bubba's creativity out of it it seems it is best to take your medican on US Open Courses

I think the way the US open is set it really makes it hard ro recover from a bad shot which takes Bubba's creativity out of it it seems it is best to take your medican on US Open Courses

On most US open layouts I would agree. However, because there really is no rough if you miss the fairway, players can still get the ball around the green try to get up and down from there. I think today's setup has been pretty fair all day.

I think this course beat Bubba before the tournament even started. Same thing happened at the Olympic Club a couple years ago.

GMac hit 13/14 FW today. That's solid.

Love the look of this course- I'm still hoping that the rain holds off for faster greens

Just got home and turned it on. Every single player was hitting out of trouble! Wind also looks like its picked up a lot. I was only able to halfway pay attention to it at work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I took a lone pick with Kuchar. No bonus money as Slice ditched out of going to Dicks with me. :)

missing fairways does not seem to be as penalizing as it has been in past US Opens

Watching Scott Van Pelt doing commentary again makes me happy. I enjoy his sense of humor and he is about 10000% better than Chris Berman.

Watching Scott Van Pelt doing commentary again makes me happy. I enjoy his sense of humor and he is about 10000% better than Chris Berman.

Slamming balls off the salad bowl hahaha

Dang what a rough break there. That shot had to look money

"Now they know why we cuss" lol that was great

Anyone hearing mic issues with the commentators?

EDIT: They seem to have fixed the issue.

How are these guys hitting 6 irons into this par 3. VD just feathered a going draw 6i pin high from 208. Jordan hit 4 iron and he is long. What gives....

So apparently streaming the US Open app for half the day uses a little bit of data... 3.75 gigs. Good thing I'm on an unlimited plan.

Interesting seeing the natural areas where the rough should be. The course doesn't look as pristine as you would expect, but I'm not sure it really has to either.

missing fairways does not seem to be as penalizing as it has been in past US Opens

But the greens are hard crowned i guess it is more fair

bubba getting whiny

How are these guys hitting 6 irons into this par 3. VD just feathered a going draw 6i pin high from 208. Jordan hit 4 iron and he is long. What gives....
bouncing it up, you fly it hole high it goes off the back of the green

bouncing it up, you fly it hole high it goes off the back of the green

The shots I've seen landed maybe 9 yards short of pin high

Well look at Martin Kaymer go.

If I was watching this tournament not knowing where it was being held, I'd have a hard time identifying this as Pinehurst. Really impressive redesign, and by the end of the weekend I'll probably love it.

Back