2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Holy carp, that Shwarztel putt that went off the green was absolutely brutal

BqAlgIeCUAAJ63F.jpg

Agreed. Although he may have just had his first miscue with his tee shot on 14 going into a fairway bunker. We'll see if it slows him down a bit.

I said before the tournament that this setup would play much easier than in 2005. The sandy waste areas are not too much trouble for the pros. It would give us amateurs fits, but no pt so much for them.

I stand by my original prediction that the winking score will be around -6 or so.

Well not so much. He just calmly put that thing on the green. He's running like a fine oiled machine right now.

Bubba's beginning to mumble to himself, that's never a good sign with him lol.

Bubba's beginning to mumble to himself, that's never a good sign with him lol.
Yeah, after missing that par putt he is probably done.

Kaymer with a big time par putt. That guy is on fire!

Kaymer with a big time par putt. That guy is on fire!

fun to watch, glad i did not schedule any big meetings this morning.

This tournament is over. Kaymer is in total cruise control right now and this course is set up to yield some really good scores this morning.

I want to love the guy because he grew up in my area but damn... can you imagine playing behind him and a Na/Garcia combo when they were in their set-resetthe club primes?

I followed him at Arnie's tournament and had to give it up and move to another group because he seemed to take so damn long talking about his shots with his caddie then going through all the antics. I can imagine his competitors are tiring of him - but not to the point of a Sabbatini/Crane incident.

Ken Duke! Jars it. How cool after that crappy previous bush lie!

Ken Duke with the best par of the tournament

Ken Duke with one of the craziest pars I've ever seen!

Par 3 9th hole: tee shot ends up against a bush at the top of the bunker. His only play on his second shot is to use the putter to knock the ball back into the bunker, and then he holes the 3rd shot out of the bunker for par!

Holy crap Ken Duke!!

That was amazing! Love how fired up he gets.

Not a bad way to end the round

Just shows you how differently these guys think out there.

This tournament is over. Kaymer is in total cruise control right now and this course is set up to yield some really good scores this morning.

Strange, the same was said about Sneds at 10m yesterday

Ken Duke with the best par of the tournament

Par of the tournament? He'll that may have been the par of his life!!

After a half inch + of rain, seems like there should be some good scores out here....considering the tournament of course.

Kaymer's game is in much better shape than Sneds right now. It's not even close.
Interesting I'm just not a big fan of handing people a trophy after 26 holes

Interesting I'm just not a big fan of handing people a trophy after 26 holes

Rain or not this golf course can take that lead back on one or two holes. I have had the pleasure to walk this golf course a few times (never playing a round) and also putt on some of the greens. This course is no joke. I also think the usga will pull the scores back a bit this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild to see some of the scores.

Scott Van Pelt said on Wednesday that if any player was in red numbers Sunday, they would win going away.

Back