What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

Me too man which is weird. It is usually one of my strengths

saved me last year when I failed off the tee and had awful short game.

now im driving it semi straight and chipping semi decent and cant hit a freaking iron consistently

I have been pushing my irons lately. I have been reading up and I think I am coming too far inside so I am going to hit the range this weekend. I haven't hit many GIR's lately but at least my short game has saved me some.

It's really hard for me to score if I'm not hitting greens.

My putting.... It has gotten much better but still miss too many putts and it prevents me from shooting really good scores

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

tee game for me, playing my second shot from the wood or from the next fairway makes golf hard

my lower body action in my swing.

Tee shots. Indy showed me just how much of a detriment to scoring my tee game is right now. I'm having to scramble far too often starting with the second shot.

For me, its my brain. Getting in the way of everything right now, even outside of golf. I gotta get my mojo back.

Chipping, I have been terrible lately.

There was kind of a funny discussion in another thread about if it was possible to hit the long clubs like a scratch golfer but shoot poorly because of short game. I did that yesterday hitting 2/3 of the GIR and just barely missing the others. Easy up and downs that I just couldn't do. Very frustrating.

I went and had a short game lesson to try and fix it last week, and while practicing I am hitting better, I haven't been able to bring it the course yet.

currently its been putting which is not usually the case. However generally speaking my game can suffer from any part from anywhere just about equally all over with no one specific area.Cahnges from round to round. If I had to lean to pick one spot only I'd say approach shots probably suffer a tad more often than other parts.

Scoring is what I am working on for the foreseeable future. I am not capitalizing on my scoring opportunities the way I'd like.

It changes every round, I wish it was just one thing but without playing every day or practicing like the pros I am bound to have inconsistencies in every facet.

Depends on the day, but usually tee shots or second shots. Neither seem to want to come to play on the same day.

Pretty much this for me. If tee shots are on point, my irons seem to be off and when my tee shots are off, my irons are on point.

What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

They are pretty close right now, but iron shots & putting for me. Neither are what I would call atrocious, but there is just something off right now. If I can get it to click scores will go way down.

100% tee, very hot and cold. So much so am debating going to 3h off the tee for a couple of rounds till I can at least make the cold a bit more lukewarm

The driver. The past couple weeks I've been focusing on cleaning up the driver, because I have no consitency. I've finally got a swing that I don't really have to think about producing playable results on the range, but its not following me to the course. I finally saw one of the instructors Wednesday and let him know I needed some time with him. I plan on going into The Gauntlet playing the best golf I've ever played.

The part of the game between my ears.

I hear that dude. I've never feared my irons like I do right now.

Then we are in 2 different places. I have a pretty good idea of where the ball is going off of my irons, but with my long clubs, it's a guessing game.

GIR! too many misses. I am not owning the second shot whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting. I am shooting in the low 90s with 40+ putts. Too many three jacks. A lot of that is that I finally realized that I was naturally aiming right and burning the edge on short putts.

Inconsistency with driver is probably my number one problem.

At this exact moment, my driver/FW are a little wonky. Doesn't help my scoring when every tee shot is short and left. Hoping to iron that out this weekend. I think I know the issue, work has been getting in the way of practice this week.

Generally, though, it's kicking the ball around the greens. Sometimes it's not executing a shot. Sometimes it's not thinking through a shot. I'm working on both.

The thing that I've realized is that you really can't kick the ball around and shoot low. Up and downs are key.

Mental inconsistency for me. Sometimes I just check out and am not focused on the shot at hand. When this happens the results are less than stellar. For example, yesterday I had two 3 putts because I was in a hurry, failed to check the slope from behind the hole, hit the putts exactly like I wanted but they were totally misread.

Flat out inconsistency, it differs from hole to hole. Irons could be great on one hole but the putting is horrible. Next hole it's the drive that is great but the iron play fails, it's frustrating to say the least.

My driver off the tee....It's been ridiculously inconsistent. If I could hit more than 2 fairways a round, I'd be golden.... But I"m working on it.

My swing and wedges. I haven't found my rhythm yet. Still trying to hit the ball more than swing through it causing too many fat shots. Also haven't gotten my feel back with my wedges but it is starting to come back slowly. Luckily putting has been pretty good.

Back