2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Only one other person is at least. 3 under for the round. That's the number 1 player in the world. I'm not sold on seeing a 65 this afternoon. While Kaymer is making it look easy, I don't see many going out and lighting it up at this point.

I agree. If the course dries out and gets faster for the afternoon rounds it will play harder I think.

What can Kaymer do with this? I don't know how about knock it to a kick in range again.

That was not an easy bunker shot, short sided and landing on a down slope.

I don't think he's faced a tough shot all day (in his mind) at least that seems to be the way he's gotten out of the very little trouble he has been in.

Also, is anyone going to claim that they picked Kaymer in the US Open contest?

That pick looks really solid right now.

Fantasy and 4 Ball Yes..... the one that matters... no

I don't think he's faced a tough shot all day (in his mind) at least that seems to be the way he's gotten out of the very little trouble he has been in.

True, the game is really easy for him right now.

What can Kaymer do with this? I don't know how about knock it to a kick in range again.

This guy is swinging it unreal this week, when they showed him on the range on Wednesday I made a last minute change and snagged him up lol, he was hitting a graceful high cut.

I DID!!! No wait I picked Sergio. Nevermind.

I have him lol.
27.gif
Kaymer, Martin16551000-514-10116$0.000.00
1319.gif
Spieth, Jordan7690000 E - -169$0.000.00
2.gif
Mickelson, Phil15700000 E - E 70$0.000.00
670.gif
Johnson, Zach28710000 E - 171$0.000.00
921.gif
Compton, Erik40720000 E - 272$0.000.00
12.gif
Furyk, Jim487366000 E 173139$0.000.00
37.gif
Casey, Paul4870660003163136$0.000.00
800.gif
Walker, Jimmy4870660003163136$0.000.00
1694.gif
English, Harris6469680005164137$0.000.00
1173.gif
DeLaet, Graham144756400051510139$0.000.00

I picked him - posted early in the thread and then was second-guessing myself thinking Dustin Johnson had homefield advantage (sort of, he's from S.C.) and that his length and short game would allow him to contend.

Johhny Miller is sitting in the booth saying the same thing.
Miller would be putting a beat down on Kaymer.... He's the best at everything...EVER!

Hmmm...

When I take a Fred McGriff swing, I usually don't hit the green.

Kaymer having a little trouble with the swing the past couple holes....Has made some nice recoveries though.

I still don't think this tournament is decided one bit. Lots of talent in the groups going off this afternoon.

Hmmm...

When I take a Fred McGriff swing, I usually don't hit the green.

The ole Tom Emanski Golf Lesson series?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Kaymer having a little trouble with the swing the past couple holes....Has made some nice recoveries though.

I still don't think this tournament is decided one bit. Lots of talent in the groups going off this afternoon.

I agree, I think Kaymer will come back some tomorrow and Sunday but jus how much he does and someone else goes forward is the million dollar question. I think Phil posts a low round today.

Really hoping Phil does!!

I agree, I think Kaymer will come back some tomorrow and Sunday but jus how much he does and someone else goes forward is the million dollar question. I think Phil posts a low round today.

Some others mentioned this, but I also think that there will be a couple players this afternoon that will post lower scores. Someone will likely be within 4-5 shots headed into the weekend.

If his swing gets a little wonky (doesn't look like it to me, btw), things will tighten up quickly.

Back