2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Did anyone pick Kaymer with the Bonus money for the contest?
I was going to pick him but figured that without being able to do the picture thing I wasn't going to win anyway.

Nice to see another local guy Fran Quinn hanging in there. He's from Worcester, MA. (we pronounce it "Wusstah")

I did not pick Kaymer. I went with the 3. I did get the bonus money though thankfully.

Did anyone pick Kaymer with the Bonus money for the contest?
I was going to pick him but figured that without being able to do the picture thing I wasn't going to win anyway.

Kaymer having a little trouble with the swing the past couple holes....Has made some nice recoveries though.

I still don't think this tournament is decided one bit. Lots of talent in the groups going off this afternoon.

Fortunate for him, he's near the homestretch on his round today and will have plenty of time to figure things out - nothing that work with a tennis ball drill can't fix. When do you think Kaymer will start aiming away from pins - seems like he's been pinseeking on a few shots when he could have been more conservative.

loop-kaymer-tennis-necklace-260.jpg

Is Kaymers caddy Frank from American pickers?

I don't think he'll quit aiming at pins. I think sometimes when you get conservative, you get out of your game mode. I expect him to keep going at the pins....although I think most guys are probably going at accessible areas and ending up near the pin. I'm not sure there are really places to 'miss' on these greens. Being far away just screams 3 putt....

Fortunate for him, he's near the homestretch on his round today and will have plenty of time to figure things out - nothing that work with a tennis ball drill can't fix. When do you think Kaymer will start aiming away from pins - seems like he's been pinseeking on a few shots when he could have been more conservative.

loop-kaymer-tennis-necklace-260.jpg

The thing to remember is that the afternoon guys don't have to catch him completely. Just get to within 3 or 4 and the weekend gets interesting.

I think today is the best day to fire at pins, it's soft and receptive and set up for aggressive play, C'mon Phil!!

I think Jordan Speith is the guy to look out for this afternoon. He could go out and shoot 65.

If they would have 'freeze framed' Patrick Reed's ball there....Would have been a nice look for that Callaway ball there. Still nothing beats Tiger's Nike ball where it sat there for a second and fell in.

I thought about picking Kaymer in the contest, then figured if I have 3 Callaway guys in the money plus the bonus, that it might be enough.

Did pick him in fantasy though :)

I think Phil and Graham will make a case

oh man...what a horrible bounce for Kisner!

What a bad break for Kisner. Hits the flagstick and into the bunker.

Can't believe Berman broke out the Ground Control to Major Toms cliche.

That was old 13 years ago. God I hate him on the broadcast.

Kaymer having a little trouble with the swing the past couple holes....Has made some nice recoveries though.

I still don't think this tournament is decided one bit. Lots of talent in the groups going off this afternoon.

I agree, I think Kaymer will come back some tomorrow and Sunday but jus how much he does and someone else goes forward is the million dollar question. I think Phil posts a low round today.

only issue i have seen now that i just caught up with watching the whole round online, is when the camera focused on his wrist that's taped up, and him flexing it, has anyone said anything about it on the telecast ???

Either way, he has put together two great rounds.

Can't believe Berman broke out the Ground Control to Major Toms cliche.

That was old 13 years ago. God I hate him on the broadcast.

If I hear him say "He spun it back back back back back!" I might just have to mute my set

only issue i have seen now that i just caught up with watching the whole round online, is when the camera focused on his wrist that's taped up, and him flexing it, has anyone said anything about it on the telecast ???

Either way, he has put together two great rounds.

In the post round interview. He said its fine. Just a lot of practice lately. Kind of shrugged it off saying it's no big deal.

And Sergio throws a triple up, yikes!

I hope Phil goes low this afternoon and get's right into the mix!

If I hear him say "He spun it back back back back back!" I might just have to mute my set

Seriously. Does he actually think people still find these funny?

Seriously. Does he actually think people still find these funny?

yes , yes he does :banghead:

Back